Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draftwired Mock
This simulator pushed me into a tough decision at 21. I'd be happy with draft though.

1 Frank Ragnow C Arkansas
2 Da’Ron Payne DT Alabama
3 Tyrell Crosby OT Oregon
3 Jeff Holland DE/Edge Auburn
4 Quin Blanding FS Virginia
5 Shaquem Griffin OLB UCF
5 Dimitri Flowers FB Oklahoma
5 Jamarco Jones OT Ohio State
7 Mike McCray ILB Michigan
7 Tony Brown CB Alabama
7 Dalton Schultz TE Stanford

3 Olinemen
3 LBs/Edge
2 DBs
1 DT/NT
1 TE
1 FB/RB to replace both Hill and Peerman
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What was the tough decision?
Reply/Quote
Yeah, not much of a tough decision to grab the best Center in the Draft at our biggest area of need.

I would absolutely love this Draft. Payne falling to us in the 2nd is kind of hard to believe though.

Love the Crosby, Holland, Blanding, Griffin, Jamarco, McCray picks.

Great job Shady, cannot get much better than this honestly unless we traded back and grabbed Ragnow.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2018, 12:37 PM)Shady Wrote: This simulator pushed me into a tough decision at 21. I'd be happy with draft though.

1 Frank Ragnow C Arkansas
2 Da’Ron Payne DT Alabama
3 Tyrell Crosby OT Oregon
3 Jeff Holland DE/Edge Auburn
4 Quin Blanding FS Virginia
5 Shaquem Griffin OLB UCF
5 Dimitri Flowers FB Oklahoma
5 Jamarco Jones OT Ohio State
7 Mike McCray ILB Michigan
7 Tony Brown CB Alabama
7 Dalton Schultz TE Stanford

3 Olinemen
3 LBs/Edge
2 DBs
1 DT/NT
1 TE
1 FB/RB to replace both Hill and Peerman
The dark horse of all your picks, is Schultz. I watched 3 or 4 Stanford games this last season and he was lights out. I have read several write ups about him and they all say, not athletic enough and hands are suspect. Maybe I just happened to catch his career games??
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2018, 01:13 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: What was the tough decision?

(04-12-2018, 02:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, not much of a tough decision to grab the best Center in the Draft at our biggest area of need.

I would absolutely love this Draft. Payne falling to us in the 2nd is kind of hard to believe though.

Love the Crosby, Holland, Blanding, Griffin, Jamarco, McCray picks.

Great job Shady, cannot get much better than this honestly unless we traded back and grabbed Ragnow.

I'll be honest. I ran two previous simulations and picked Payne as BPA at 21. But the best I got to choose from a center was Daniels. So, I ended up doing this one and picked Ragnow. I was shocked that Payne fell to us in the 2nd round.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2018, 03:38 PM)Shady Wrote: I'll be honest. I ran two previous simulations and picked Payne as BPA at 21. But the best I got to choose from a center was Daniels. So, I ended up doing this one and picked Ragnow. I was shocked that Payne fell to us in the 2nd round.

Might be the best two at their respective positions, Ragnow and Payne, both from the SEC.

Daniels would be the best Center in a pass first Offense, but Ragnow is the best for a run first along with Price of course.

Vea and Payne are in my opinion the best two run stopping DT's in this Draft.

Bottom line, with this Draft we would improve dramatically in both running the ball and stopping the run, would be awesome.
Reply/Quote