Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dre K Doubtful for Thursday
Is Dennard ready to step up, or will Shaw get the start in Dre K's place?

More importantly, does this mean the Fins go to an all out air attack?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Clark-Lewis-Harris-Jamaya-Turner-Smith will get the start.

As you saw last Sunday, CLH is the 3rd outside CB

With that being said any beat report updates on how the Notre Dame kid has looked we claimed off waivers?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
This is not great news. Hopefully our young guys can step up. If I had to guess, I'm thinking they might move Dennard to the outside and have Shaw play in the slot. Or they might just have CLH sub for Kirkpatrick and keep A Jones and Dennard in their respective positions.
Reply/Quote
Looks like this game will be a shootout. Start all of your Bengal and Dolphin skill players..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 06:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Looks like this game will be a shootout.  Start all of your Bengal and Dolphin skill players..

It depends. With our secondary playing like it has I wouldn't be surprised if we just play vanilla D and count on their offense makes more mistakes than ours.
Reply/Quote
According to Hobbs either Dennard or Shaw will go outside and the other will play the slot.
Reply/Quote
It has got to be Shaw he has looked way better then Dennard this year.
Reply/Quote
I guess all the 'Kirkpatrick is garbage folk', haven't finished work and supper and have yet to log in???
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 07:04 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I guess all the 'Kirkpatrick is garbage folk', haven't finished work and supper and have yet to log in???

Why is he out.....third degree burns from Sunday? LMAO

In all seriousness.....this ain't good.  Hopefully Shaw keeps improving, because Dennard has shown us nothing.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 07:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: Why is he out.....third degree burns from Sunday? LMAO

In all seriousness.....this ain't good.  Hopefully Shaw keeps improving, because Dennard has shown us nothing.

Probably the knee injury he got while celebrating a 2 point conversion fumble recovery  Whatever
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 07:13 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Probably the knee injury he got while celebrating a 2 point conversion fumble recovery  Whatever

Man....I hope not....that's some Cleveland Browns type shit right there.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 06:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Looks like this game will be a shootout.  Start all of your Bengal and Dolphin skill players..

Unless the rain is bad. 

Reply/Quote
The best assurances a new cornerback can have is a good defensive line to make the opposing quarterback uncomfortable and a free safety who excels at playing over the top.
Reply/Quote
I think Dennare has to get in-game experience. What better team to be thrust in against than the incredibly inaccurate downfield Tannehill. Shaw is an improvement over the aging Hall in the slot. No worries there
Reply/Quote
For those who were extremely worried about our CB/DB situation before the season, welp, we were right gd it Whatever

Reply/Quote
Dre hurt?

[Image: 432330d1331790609-redbull-widebody-proje...edface.jpg]

- - - - - -
Kirkpatrick aside, I know it's not been a whole lot of a sample size, but Dennard just doesn't look fast enough to keep up with NFL WRs every time I see him in coverage. Just my eyes telling me that, don't have any proper statistics to support it or anything, but yeah.

Meanwhile QBs apparently have a 0.0 QB Rating while throwing in Shaw's coverage this year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
That's a big blow IMO. Dre has played great this season despite what haters my say.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 08:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: - - - - - -
Kirkpatrick aside, I know it's not been a whole lot of a sample size, but Dennard just doesn't look fast enough to keep up with NFL WRs every time I see him in coverage. Just my eyes telling me that, don't have any proper statistics to support it or anything, but yeah.

Meanwhile QBs apparently have a 0.0 QB Rating while throwing in Shaw's coverage this year.

I knew that Shaw looks light years better than Dennard, but had no idea he's pitching a shutout until I saw that earlier.  Which begs the question why is Dennard playing over Shaw?

As for Dre, this is not good news.  Report I saw said it is a hamstring, which in Bengals language means he will miss anywhere from a week to a year and a possible amputation...
Reply/Quote
Dre isn't nearly as bad as someon here make him out to be. Dennard needs to start showing something.
Reply/Quote
I somehow feel a calmness about me hoping he doesn't play. However, not sure why? I do like the kid and hope he keeps getting better but when he screws up, it's usually very costly to the team and usually at the worst possible times.

Reply/Quote