Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dre-K/MB phone call transcript
** Phone ringing **

MB: "Who calls someone at 2am. I was sleeping on my money mattress"

Dre:

[Image: 67411957.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Thats DJ Khaled. It would be funny if you choose a pic of DRE or made a pic of DRE with writing that said his price went up.
Reply/Quote
DreK: my price just went up.
Mike B: we're keeping Pacman and my offer just went down. Bye.
DreK: But I have a visit with the Lions tomor....

*click*

MikeyB: Errand boy Denny?
Denny: Yes sir, anything for you sir.
MikeyB: Get Hobson on the speaker phone. NOW!
Denny: Uh yes sir! Right away sir!

*phone rings*

Geoff: Puff Pieces are us, this is Geoff speaking, how can I make you look better than you really are?
MikeyB: Geoff, you buffoon, you aren't trying to make money for yourself are you?
Geoff: Uh umm err no master
MikeyB: I need you to type up a free agency piece
Geoff: Sure thing boss, what do you need? Another article that explains how $40 million in cap space is all accounted for and you're already broke?
Mike: No, not yet. I need an article that says we offered fair value to DreKirk and he refused.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Attention Josh Shaw and Darqueze Dennard, hope your ready to start next year.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have A LOT of cap room. Franchise tagging Zeitler or Kirkpatrick wouldn't be the worst idea in the world.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 01:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: DreK: my price just went up.

*click*

*phone rings*

Geoff: Puff Pieces are us, this is Geoff speaking, how can I make you look better than you really are?
MikeyB: Geoff, you buffoon, you aren't trying to make money for yourself are you?
Geoff: Sure thing boss, what do you need? Another article that explains how $40 million in cap space is all accounted for and you're already broke?
Mike: No, not yet. I need an article that says we offered fair value to DreKirk and he refused.
Hobson should use the old reliable "Bengals offered 'essentially' the same contract to Dre as team X did. He just wanted to be 'the guy' on team X."
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 09:32 AM)jason Wrote: Hobson should use the old reliable "Bengals offered 'essentially' the same contract to Dre as team X did. He just wanted to be 'the guy' on team X."

I don't know why it's so hard for him (them) to admit that their strategy of skimping on guaranteed money in exchange for loyalty (barring career ending injury) isn't something that's going to be preferred by every player. That's why we lose guys like Marv Jones and Johnathan Joseph sometimes. 

It's probably also why they bargain shop in free agency. FA players from other teams have no loyalties to the Bengals, haven't made their homes in Cincy, don't know the coaches, etc. Therefore it becomes all about $$$ and the Bengals can't compete when they refuse to offer high sums of guaranteed $ like everyone else. 

That's why you always see us signing bargains like LaFell, Dansby, Hawk, Harrison, etc. Our biggest recent splash was Michael Johnson...A former player willing to settle for less guaranteed $.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 02:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bengals have A LOT of cap room. Franchise tagging Zeitler or Kirkpatrick wouldn't be the worst idea in the world.

I think franchising Dre is the obvious choice. We have young CBs in the wings ready to take over. We really just need Dre for 1 more year to ensure Jackson is the answer at CB, paired with Shaw, Russell and Dennard.

If the young guys struggle this year, maybe think more about offering Dre a bigger deal, assuming he keeps up in play this year.

Pacman getting in more legal trouble only ensures that to be the case.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 01:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: DreK: my price just went up.

*click*

*phone rings*

He actually does not have to type anything new.  They just use the same article from year to year... there is a blank line where you can insert whatever name you need to.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 02:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bengals have A LOT of cap room. Franchise tagging Zeitler or Kirkpatrick wouldn't be the worst idea in the world.
Didn't we already do that?
(01-05-2017, 10:15 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think franchising Dre is the obvious choice. We have young CBs in the wings ready to take over. We really just need Dre for 1 more year to ensure Jackson is the answer at CB, paired with Shaw, Russell and Dennard.

If the young guys struggle this year, maybe think more about offering Dre a bigger deal, assuming he keeps up in play this year.

Pacman getting in more legal trouble only ensures that to be the case.
Didn't we already franchise z and Dre k?
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 05:56 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Didn't we already do that?
Didn't we already franchise z and Dre k?

No.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote