Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dre K vs. Bucs
(08-25-2015, 10:08 PM)McC Wrote: Ideally, the blitz gets home, the throw is bad and Dre picks it.  Didn't it seem like the all out blitz just created such a wall of bodies that no one could get through?

Which is poor execution. Gotta know your gaps and stay in your lane. Or, something our players outside of like 3 guys struggle with, make a move...get off the block. 
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 09:59 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: On that blitz, it shouldn't matter. The fact that only one guy got free is a problem. 
a bigger problem than Dre getting beat. 

Dre handed face of the franchise duty to Geno after that play. Ninja
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 10:13 PM)jason Wrote: Dre handed face of the franchise duty to Geno after that play. Ninja

Yawn. 
Try harder. 
It was a risky play call. In all honesty that's more than likely a TD every time if the blitz can't throw the QB off kilter more than it did. 
Reply/Quote
Dre played well, sure one bad play. But when you blitz and get zero pressure, things like that can happen.

Maybe we should have taken a defensive lineman in the draft early on Mellow
Reply/Quote
If you have no pass rush you can't cover anyone.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
This was my point in one of the "meh... it's preseason" threads.

DreK looked like he was really trying in that game.

He made some nice breakups and extended his arms to tip passes away.

Then why in the f*ck would he take off a third and long to get beat on a TD pass?

Despite what people are saying around these parts there was at least a handful of players really trying to play well against the Bucs.

DreK, Geno, Dunlap, Whitworth, and yes even Dalton.

The rest of the team looked like un-inspired garbage.

So no... I'm not gonna harp on DreK. He at least had some bright spots in the game.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 06:52 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: This was my point in one of the "meh... it's preseason" threads.

DreK looked like he was really trying in that game.

He made some nice breakups and extended his arms to tip passes away.

Then why in the f*ck would he take off a third and long to get beat on a TD pass?

Despite what people are saying around these parts there was at least a handful of players really trying to play well against the Bucs.

DreK, Geno, Dunlap, Whitworth, and yes even Dalton.

The rest of the team looked like un-inspired garbage.

So no...  I'm not gonna harp on DreK.  He at least had some bright spots in the game.

I think the point of the "meh....it's preseason" threads just went over your head.

I doubt anybody has claimed that nobody tries whatsoever in preseason games. You're just making stuff up so that you're "right" about something that we aren't even arguing.
Reply/Quote
Dre K played pretty well. The lackluster play selection is not an excuse for the play he got burnt on but other than that he did great.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 08:40 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I think the point of the "meh....it's preseason" threads just went over your head.

I doubt anybody has claimed that nobody tries whatsoever in preseason games. You're just making stuff up so that you're "right" about something that we aren't even arguing.
No it may not be YOUR  point.

Some people claim bad play is because of the starters not caring/trying or don't want to get injured in a meaningless game.

I'm just stating that some are playing poorly because they stink or aren't prepared to play.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 09:14 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: No it may not be YOUR  point.

Some people claim bad play is because of the starters not caring/trying or don't want to get injured in a meaningless game.

I'm just stating that some are playing poorly because they stink or aren't prepared to play.

If you think that every starter was giving 100% and that the coaching staff was scheming 100% just like a regular season game, then I have a bridge to sell you.

I won't say our #1s "weren't trying", but I bet you see guys taking plays off and halfassing it more than you'll ever see when the games matter. Preseason is for the backups to try hard and for the starters to look competent and not get injured. The Bengals didn't look competent the other night, and that really sucks and there are areas of concern, but it's hardly the end of the world as some of the doom n' gloomers have been speculating towards.

I hope if the #1s light it up this weekend, the Debbie Downers can get on board with a preemptive "we're going to the Super Bowl!!!". At least stay consistent, I guess.
Reply/Quote
our two lines were awful against the Bucs. I do not get how Peko remains a starter. Dalton had no time to throw the ball and he was playing well under the circumstances until he got frustrated and forced the throw to Eifert.

No pressure on Glennon on the TD and he made a perfect throw. No CB in the league would have done better.

The interior of our O line got crushed. Pressure up the middle all night gave Dalton no chance.

My take away from the game is that the Bucs have an incredible second team QB who won't be there for long. That young man is going to get a chance to start on another team very soon.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 09:27 AM)djs7685 Wrote: If you think that every starter was giving 100% and that the coaching staff was scheming 100% just like a regular season game, then I have a bridge to sell you.

I won't say our #1s "weren't trying", but I bet you see guys taking plays off and halfassing it more than you'll ever see when the games matter. Preseason is for the backups to try hard and for the starters to look competent and not get injured. The Bengals didn't look competent the other night, and that really sucks and there are areas of concern, but it's hardly the end of the world as some of the doom n' gloomers have been speculating towards.

I hope if the #1s light it up this weekend, the Debbie Downers can get on board with a preemptive "we're going to the Super Bowl!!!". At least stay consistent, I guess.
Nope.  Never said that.

IMO there are some players on that offensive line that shouldn't have the luxury of playing that poorly.

Though to some resting on laurels is the end of the world like people trashing on AJ and moaning about him not playing D after the pick.

I really don't think the center and the guards should have the respect level to whatever that was displayed.

Get it?
Reply/Quote
Dre still hasn't played enough snaps to know what we have in him. That will change this season (for good or for bad). He's improved, but still need experience.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 01:51 PM)Utts Wrote: What did people think of Dre's performance? I saw at least 3 instances where he got beat pretty good. No way this secondary gets better with these guys. These are downgrades from Hall and T-New.

Hall is a downgrade from Hall in previous years so far....

Hall and JJoe both had struggles their first couple years starting... Unfortantely Dre doesnt even have that experience yet. but gotta get him on the field and playing if hes to be the CB of the present and future for us.

but for the Negatives there were positives out of the CBs monday too... Dre had a couple nice batted passes and so did Jones.
Reply/Quote