Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dre Kirkpatrick
I used to be a huge defender of Dre Kirkpatrick. Good lord, how bad has he been this season? It can be argued he was the reason we lost last night with foolish penalties and terrible coverage. How many replays can he rack up getting smashed by Bell?

Lance McAlister tweeted:

Not a shock...but Dre had worst game grade and pass coverage grade of his season according to @PFF
He's now ranked 106 of 116 CB's.
#Bengals

We signed this guy instead of a couple of great lineman and he is currently ranked 106 of 116. Wow! That deal might force us to move on from Dennard, even though he is exponentially better.
Season ticket holder since 2003. Lifetime Bengals fan, through thick and thin.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 08:39 PM)Clep Wrote: I used to be a huge defender of Dre Kirkpatrick. Good lord, how bad has he been this season? It can be argued he was the reason we lost last night with foolish penalties and terrible coverage. How many replays can he rack up getting smashed by Bell?

Lance McAlister tweeted:

Not a shock...but Dre had worst game grade and pass coverage grade of his season according to @PFF
#Bengals

We signed this guy instead of a couple of great lineman and he is currently ranked 106 of 116. Wow! That deal might force us to move on from Dennard, even though he is exponentially better.

Gruden couldn't shut up about how great Dre is too. He was also going on about how in Cincinnati, rookies are going to play. His act seems to obscure the fact that he's ill informed about a lot of things.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 08:48 PM)Utts Wrote: Gruden couldn't shut up about how great Dre is too. He was also going on about how in Cincinnati, rookies are going to play. His act seems to obscure the fact that he's ill informed about a lot of things.

I noticed that too
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 08:48 PM)Utts Wrote: Gruden couldn't shut up about how great Dre is too. He was also going on about how in Cincinnati, rookies are going to play. His act seems to obscure the fact that he's ill informed about a lot of things.

[Image: tumblr_m22clyfMXE1r1yj84.gif]

Reply/Quote

[Image: tumblr_m22clyfMXE1r1yj84.gif]

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 08:39 PM)Clep Wrote: I used to be a huge defender of Dre Kirkpatrick. Good lord, how bad has he been this season? It can be argued he was the reason we lost last night with foolish penalties and terrible coverage. How many replays can he rack up getting smashed by Bell?

Lance McAlister tweeted:

#Bengals

Not to mention we should have kept jj... who btw is now the Texans int king... 

The bengals have wasted way too many picks on cb's.. you can't build a team through the draft if you keep drafting the same positions over and over again
Reply/Quote
Yeah, it would appear that Swag, is really more of a crip limp.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 09:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, it would appear that Swag, is really more of a crip limp.

[Image: raw]

Reply/Quote
I was at the game and I noticed something interesting. On the play in the second half when Burfict called a timeout, I told my brother next to me after the Steelers motioned, “look Kirkpatrick is all by himelf with AB with no safety help watch out!!” Then Burfict called a timeout. Anyone else notice that? Did they give a reason why a timeout was called on tv?
Season ticket holder since 2003. Lifetime Bengals fan, through thick and thin.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 09:14 PM)Clep Wrote: I was at the game and I noticed something interesting. On the play in the second half when Burfict called a timeout, I told my brother next to me after the Steelers motioned, “look Kirkpatrick is all by himelf with AB with no safety help watch out!!” Then Burfict called a timeout. Anyone else notice that? Did they give a reason why a timeout was called on tv?

That would make sense. Burfict reads the defense better than anyone. I think you made a good perceptive call.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 09:14 PM)Clep Wrote: I was at the game and I noticed something interesting. On the play in the second half when Burfict called a timeout, I told my brother next to me after the Steelers motioned, “look Kirkpatrick is all by himelf with AB with no safety help watch out!!” Then Burfict called a timeout. Anyone else notice that? Did they give a reason why a timeout was called on tv?

I don't think they noted that. Tez kept shaking his head and smiling like, "No way in hell was I going to let that snap go down."
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
Kirkpatrick has always been garbage...worst contract in football.. absolutely terrible...cant cover cant tackle worthless
Reply/Quote
[Image: 24296787_1776598339048428_31019153513304...e=5A8A8A87]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Not only burned many many times, he got run over by Bell
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 09:28 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: [Image: 24296787_1776598339048428_31019153513304...e=5A8A8A87]

Hilarious

Reply/Quote
Dre should never be allowed to cover AB again. They need to put WJIII on him wherever he lines up.
Reply/Quote
I would certainly feel more comfortable rolling with Dennard and WJ3 as CB1 and CB2 after this season.

I'm not the most eagle-eyed viewer, but I think we have a good player in WJ3. Granted, he had probably the most bone-headed play I've ever seen, but at least he's getting these learning moments in a lost season.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 10:25 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I would certainly feel more comfortable rolling with Dennard and WJ3 as CB1 and CB2 after this season.

I'm not the most eagle-eyed viewer, but I think we have a good player in WJ3. Granted, he had probably the most bone-headed play I've ever seen, but at least he's getting these learning moments in a lost season.

I think WJ3 is the real deal. Should be the #1 CB going forward.

Reply/Quote
He grades out at 43.1 on PFF or as the 100th best CB.

For comparison Ogbuehi is 39.1. Bodine is 42.2.
Reply/Quote
I feel that all of Dre's issues have been emphasized since he signed the contract. He is a step behind EVERY receiver he covers... not just AB. He used to cover guys pretty well.

His worst trait is his lack of awareness. He can't locate the ball in the air for anything. His INT against Denver fell in his lap... I was surprised he didn't drop it, and wasn't surprised when he essentially lost the for sure TD.

Dre should wear giant pads on his forearms because he literally tries to stop passes how you would block a field goal lol
Reply/Quote