Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dre Kirkpatrick
WW3 has made more plays on the ball part time this year than Dre has his career.. Kirkpatrick is trash
Reply/Quote
The best cornerback on the Cincinnati roster is William Jackson III, followed by Darqueze Dennard, Adam Jones, and Dre Kirkpatrick — in that order. WJ3 plays without fear, like Vontaze Burfict. He wasn’t at all intimidated by Antonio Brown.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 12:13 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The best cornerback on the Cincinnati roster is William Jackson III, followed by Darqueze Dennard, Adam Jones, and Dre Kirkpatrick — in that order.  WJ3 plays without fear, like Vontaze Burfict.  He wasn’t at all intimidated by Antonio Brown.

He also didn't push Bell out of bounds which was really huge.

I do think he is our best CB though...and possibly has Pro Bowl potential.

Dennard and Jackson should be starting. Jones needs waived.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 08:39 PM)Clep Wrote: I used to be a huge defender of Dre Kirkpatrick. Good lord, how bad has he been this season? It can be argued he was the reason we lost last night with foolish penalties and terrible coverage. How many replays can he rack up getting smashed by Bell?

Lance McAlister tweeted:

Not a shock...but Dre had worst game grade and pass coverage grade of his season according to @PFF
He's now ranked 106 of 116 CB's.
#Bengals

We signed this guy instead of a couple of great lineman and he is currently ranked 106 of 116. Wow! That deal might force us to move on from Dennard, even though he is exponentially better.

Meanwhile WJ3 is stat wise one of the best in the league right now. Let that sink in. Kirk is a dumb ass who acts like he made a great play when a receiver burns him and flat out drops the ball. I was so pissed when we signed him instead of trying to keep Whit and Zeitler. Are we really better now with "swagger" than we would be with those two guys and even Smith? One of the worst resignings in Bengal history. At least it is to me.
Reply/Quote
I'll be repeating this forever, because it often warrants repeating:

We should have drafted Decastro over Kirkpatrick. Unforgivable.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 12:24 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He also didn't push Bell out of bounds which was really huge.

I do think he is our best CB though...and possibly has Pro Bowl potential.

Dennard and Jackson should be starting. Jones needs waived.

Dennard is an inside corner. WJIII is a boundary corner.

Trying to play either of them as the left (field) corner would likely be a bad idea because they don't fit. Like linebacker there are different corner positions.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 12:30 AM)Synric Wrote: Dennard is an inside corner. WJIII is a boundary corner.

Trying to play either of them as the left (field) corner would likely be a bad idea because they don't fit. Like linebacker there are different corner positions.

So was resigning Kirk. Just sayin
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 01:01 AM)TKUHL Wrote: So was resigning Kirk. Just sayin

Did Kirkpatrick not have a great 2016 season? After cleaning up his tackles early in 2015 did he not finish the second half strong?

Yes he's having a rough year on the most targeted side of the field with an offense that has the worst Time of possession in the NFL and the run defense has been leaky.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
There's no denying that we overpaid Dre. He was one of the big 3 when it came to our free agents. We knew Zeitler was gone because this team hates guards. When Whit bolted for LA, the front office panicked and gave Dre that ridiculous deal. Remember when Pittsburgh's name was mentioned as a suitor? I'm sure they were so happy to see us re-sign him. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I made a Tweet that became pseudo Twitter famous, "Kirkpatrick gets paid 12 million dollars to get embarrassed on national television."

All too true.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 01:17 AM)Synric Wrote: Did Kirkpatrick not have a great 2016 season? After cleaning up his tackles early in 2015 did he not finish the second half strong?

Yes he's having a rough year on the most targeted side of the field with an offense that has the worst Time of possession in the NFL and the run defense has been leaky.

Great would be extremely generous.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 03:33 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Great would be extremely generous.

Best deep ball corner and top 10 in yards per snap allowed. Nah I'll stick with Great.

He is having a rough year but I'm not ready to write him off because we've seen him play great.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 10:43 AM)Synric Wrote: Best deep ball corner and top 10 in yards per snap allowed. Nah I'll stick with Great.

He is having a rough year but I'm not ready to write him off because we've seen him play great.

Meh. One good year to get paid. Wasn’t that great before that, and hasn’t been since.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 10:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Meh. One good year to get paid. Wasn’t that great before that, and hasn’t been since.

He started poorly in 2015 mostly missed tackles but really turned it on in the second half and continued through 2016. 

Would you resign Dennard? This would be the only season he's looked good. Last year he was one of the worst in football.

Reply/Quote
We kept him over Zeitler when we had Dennard AND Jackson waiting in the wings with Shaw as a quality back up.

Just let that sink in.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 12:27 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: I'll be repeating this forever, because it often warrants repeating:

We should have drafted Decastro over Kirkpatrick. Unforgivable.

I agree...but then they would have allowed DeCastro AND Zeitler leave in free agency.
Reply/Quote
I think Dre would be pretty good at safety, but he is definitely a liability out there at CB.
Reply/Quote
i remember that draft in 2012. most Bengal fans wanted Decastro. i really wanted Kuecley but knew he was prob gone by pick 17. we ended up drafting Dre who had like 4 highlights and that was it. while everyone else has like 5 min video of their highlights on youtube. then i remember Dre had that horrible workout where is was falling and sliding everwhere. apparently the Bengals were really impressed by that. fml it the cop world thats called a clue. then we drafter Zeitler who i liked not as much as Decastro though.. but what do we Bengals fans know right....
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 11:00 AM)Synric Wrote: He started poorly in 2015 mostly missed tackles but really turned it on in the second half and continued through 2016. 

Would you resign Dennard? This would be the only season he's looked good. Last year he was one of the worst in football.

Dennard’s issue has been injuries. But yes I’d take him over Kirkpatrick. Doesn’t matter though cause we’re stuck with Dre now. WJ3 should start getting the #1 WR’s though.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 10:03 PM)Beaker Wrote: Dre should never be allowed to cover AB again. They need to put WJIII on him wherever he lines up.

It's like these dumabsses never learn their lessons.  When Pacman was having an arguably Pro Bowl worthy year, they started the opening possession with Dre on AB.  The Stoolers promptly march down the field and score, Brown torching 27 a couple times along the way.  After Jones was put on him the rest of the day, Brown did nothing.  Here we are, a couple years later, and this dumbass staff tries the same bullshit.  Ugh.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote