Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dre Kirkpatrick
(12-06-2017, 01:17 AM)Synric Wrote: Did Kirkpatrick not have a great 2016 season? After cleaning up his tackles early in 2015 did he not finish the second half strong?

Yes he's having a rough year on the most targeted side of the field with an offense that has the worst Time of possession in the NFL and the run defense has been leaky.

Can't use that excuse Monday night though.....or against Cleveland.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah, resigning Dre while letting Zeitler walk is the Type of decision that sets a franchise back for a few years. Even if he was a good cover corner, his absolute inability to tackle would make him a liability.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 11:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dennard’s issue has been injuries. But yes I’d take him over Kirkpatrick. Doesn’t matter though cause we’re stuck with Dre now. WJ3 should start getting the #1 WR’s though.

No No!  You CANNOT switch CBs from side to side in this complex defense of Merv's!  How dare you! :paul:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 11:30 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: i remember that draft in 2012.  most Bengal fans wanted Decastro.   i really wanted Kuecley but knew he was prob gone by pick 17.   we ended up drafting Dre who had like 4 highlights and that was it. while everyone else has like 5 min video of their highlights on youtube.  then i remember Dre had that horrible workout where is was falling and sliding everwhere.   apparently the Bengals were really impressed by that. fml it the cop world thats called a clue.    then we drafter Zeitler who i liked not as much as Decastro though.. but what do we Bengals fans know right....

He still looks like he's on skates. I don't think I have ever seen as many drunken sailors on ice fall down as much Dre on a dry football field
Reply/Quote
Dre is garbage.. cant stand him
Reply/Quote
When Leveon Bell trucks you...

You got problems!
Reply/Quote
have i mentioned how terrible Kirkpatrick is at football
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 12:27 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: I'll be repeating this forever, because it often warrants repeating:

We should have drafted Decastro over Kirkpatrick. Unforgivable.

Cough Harrison Smith
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I think Dre is a starting caliber; Corner problem though is he is not an elite Corner and we used him as such on Monday.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 11:00 AM)Synric Wrote: He started poorly in 2015 mostly missed tackles but really turned it on in the second half and continued through 2016. 

Would you resign Dennard? This would be the only season he's looked good. Last year he was one of the worst in football.

Is it time to look at the DB coaches? Or, better yet, fire the entire staff and let a new HC from outside the cesspool, bring in his own position coaches.
So many high draft picks at CB and so little to show for it.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 08:39 PM)Clep Wrote: I used to be a huge defender of Dre Kirkpatrick. Good lord, how bad has he been this season? It can be argued he was the reason we lost last night with foolish penalties and terrible coverage. How many replays can he rack up getting smashed by Bell?

Lance McAlister tweeted:

Not a shock...but Dre had worst game grade and pass coverage grade of his season according to @PFF
He's now ranked 106 of 116 CB's.
#Bengals

We signed this guy instead of a couple of great lineman and he is currently ranked 106 of 116. Wow! That deal might force us to move on from Dennard, even though he is exponentially better.

Two words explains all: Mike Brown

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 11:05 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: We kept him over Zeitler when we had Dennard AND Jackson waiting in the wings with Shaw as a quality back up.

Just let that sink in.

Bengals. 

lulz

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 11:28 AM)treee Wrote: I think Dre would be pretty good at safety, but he is definitely a liability out there at CB.

He's only about 25lbs too light to be a safety.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 01:58 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He's only about 25lbs too light to be a safety.

hes the worst tackling cb in the NFL, has hands of stone, terrible instincts putting him at safety might be worst idea ever.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 02:17 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: hes the worst tackling cb in the NFL, has hands of stone, terrible instincts putting him at safety might be worst idea ever.

He'd make for a great highlight reel...for other teams.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 01:58 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He's only about 25lbs too light to be a safety.

(12-07-2017, 02:17 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: hes the worst tackling cb in the NFL, has hands of stone, terrible instincts putting him at safety might be worst idea ever.

(12-07-2017, 02:26 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: He'd make for a great highlight reel...for other teams.

Eh, his tackling isn't that bad when he has a chance to square up (Safety). When they put him on the end of the LOS in the box because there's no WRs on his side seems to be when he does worst. And his coverage skills aren't that bad. He has trouble with more shifty WRs, but at S he'd be put in those situations a lot less. He's has great straight-line speed and is tall/rangy, something you want out of a prototypical FS.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 09:14 PM)Clep Wrote: I was at the game and I noticed something interesting. On the play in the second half when Burfict called a timeout, I told my brother next to me after the Steelers motioned, “look Kirkpatrick is all by himelf with AB with no safety help watch out!!” Then Burfict called a timeout. Anyone else notice that? Did they give a reason why a timeout was called on tv?

To be fair Paulie G put Kirk by himself with no safety help a lot on AB. Pretty stupid.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
This thread should have been Complete This Sentence : Dre Kirkpatrick ______ ? Sucks
Reply/Quote