Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dre Kirkpatrick
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
If only he could catch balls. I bet he is practicing hard during the off season catching balls, so he can be make up for all the ones that bounced of his hands and chest.
Reply/Quote
But I've been told he suxx.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2019, 11:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pff ratings are all over the place. As good as they think we were last year I can't believe we weren't Super Bowl champs.
Reply/Quote
I guess that goes to show that things aren't always as we, as fans, perceive them to be?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This was after just 6 games

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/10/16/bengals-pff-dive-kirkpatrick-shutting-down-joe-mixons-elusiveness/1649462002/

Dre Kirkpatrick. Don’t look now, but Kirkpatrick has become one of the best corners in the NFL in terms of incomplete passes on targets. Of the 34 cornerbacks in the NFL who have been targeted at least 30 times, Dre Kirkpatrick leads the league in smallest percentage of completions allowed. Kirkpatrick has allowed 16 completions on 40 targets. That’s a 40 percent completion rate.

Anyone know his full season ranking?
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2019, 11:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I guess that goes to show that things aren't always as we, as fans, perceive them to be?

I never understood the hate for Dre, same with Shawn Williams. Some people still acting like we need a safety, what we really need are LBs and maybe another playmaker on the Dline and our defense could be very solid with a real coach.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2019, 11:54 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I never understood the hate for Dre,

I think there are 2 big reasons

1.  His first three seasons were poor for a first round pick.  Once he got labeled a bust many fans refuse to acknowledge when he does play well.

2.  Some fans are just turned off by his "swagger/attitude".
Reply/Quote
If Dre was cut today the Steelers or Browns would not hesitate looking at him.
as a matter of fact the Steelers were intrested in Dre a couple years ago was rumored to acquire him.
Funny Dre has a pick 6 vs the Manning on the big stage hes a hero.
but when the Bengals have losing campiegns hes a zero.

for those on the Dre hate train, our brillant DC Teryl Austin had our CBs playing soft coverage last year.
I saw that when WJ2 was getting beat vs the Colts game 1.
Dre is consistant and you never see him losing his composure ala Burfict PacMan Jones.

the way CBers play these days if they look.at a WR wrong its PI.
Dre does get handsie at times but hes better than given credit for.
he doesnt get fooled too much on play action and you rarely see him roasted deep
Reply/Quote
Dre has always been solid in coverage.

Where he struggles is tackling if a WR catches a short 3 or 5 yard pass on the boundary it can turn into 10 or 12 yards due to a miss tackle. It's actually the opposite of Dennard lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
If Dre could capitalize on a few more picks, most people would love him.
Reply/Quote
I thought Dre got overpaid in his last deal, but not by much. He is solid, and gets thrown under the bus more than he should.
Reply/Quote
I’m not sure exactly what this stat says. The LB were so bad the CBS didn’t get tested asking as they should there their percentage goes up. He always seems getting burnt deep unless he PIs the guy and his tackling his shit.
Reply/Quote
He’s always been over hated but he does get a fair amount of penalties and stiff arms. Every fan base has a corner they love to hate on
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2019, 01:50 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I’m not sure exactly what this stat says.  The LB were so bad the CBS didn’t get tested asking as they should there their percentage goes up.  He always seems getting burnt deep unless he PIs the guy and his tackling his shit.

Absolutely this. 
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2019, 12:18 AM)Synric Wrote: Dre has always been solid in coverage.

Where he struggles is tackling 

My first thoughts exactly when reading the thread.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2019, 12:18 AM)Synric Wrote: Dre has always been solid in coverage.

Where he struggles is tackling if a WR catches a short 3 or 5 yard pass on the boundary it can turn into 10 or 12 yards due to a miss tackle. It's actually the opposite of Dennard lol.

Which is a bit odd, considering how in college he was looked at as a great tackler and a hard hitter. Said he “hits like a safety”. Definitely not the case.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2019, 01:50 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I’m not sure exactly what this stat says.  The LB were so bad the CBS didn’t get tested asking as they should there their percentage goes up.  He always seems getting burnt deep unless he PIs the guy and his tackling his shit.

Well, the defensive line didn't get much pressure, either, so the time that Dre and Co. had to cover was extended compared to those teams with a solid, pressuring front four.  As much as our LBs disappointed last year, the front four was nowhere near what we had hoped for/expected.  

That is why I am hoping for one of the stud DTs (actually hoping for a slide and get Dexter Lawrence and an additional 2nd rounder) because it will improve both the LBs and the secondary.  
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2019, 11:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

How can this be? They must be wrong. Look how many fans say Dre sucks and they know better than everyone else right?
Reply/Quote