Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dre Kirkpatrick: Bengals better not trade A.J. Green
(10-07-2019, 10:11 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Wide receiver A.J. Green remained out with an ankle injury as the Bengals fell to the Cardinals at home on Sunday afternoon and the latest Bengals loss was preceded by a report that teams have been calling the Bengals about potentially trading for Green.

Green has said that he’d like to spend his whole career with the Bengals, but he’s a free agent after the season and the team’s got a lot of building to do in the coming years. Trading Green would bring in assets to support that process, but cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick warned that such a move would have a negative impact on the team as well.

“It better not happen. It’s going to fall apart if you do that,” Kirkpatrick said, via the team’s website. “That’s our best player on the team. He’s not even out there. We don’t know how the team really should look. They can’t do that. I’m a team player first. I rally around my guys. That would really hurt my spirit if he walked out this door . . . I want everybody to stay. I want to win here. I don’t want to go anywhere. I’m not just a player for the Bengals. I do things in the community. A lot of guys in here do.”

If the Bengals want to fully tear things down and teams make strong offers for Green’s services, Kirkpatrick’s plea may not carry much water in what’s quickly becoming a lost season in Cincinnati.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/07/dre-kirkpatrick-bengals-better-not-trade-a-j-green/

Dre is living in a bubble. He seems to think this is a good team or something.

"It's going to fall apart..."????

Dre, it's in pieces already.

"We don’t know how the team really should look."????

Dre, we know exactly how this team does look. Pathetic.

"That would really hurt my spirit if he walked out this door..."????

Boohoo. Green isn't stupid. Mike Brown will low ball him, if he hasn't already. If the team doesn't trade him, they are looking a comp pick in two years, which depending on how the contract is structured, could be only a 5th rounder like they got for Whit. A trade will at least bring decent value in return.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 11:52 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Yeah I dont think we should trade him either. He is a huge bright spot I this team and a top 3 receiver in the league when healthy. He'll be back. We should NOT trade him. He is one of those receivers who only come around every 10 years or so.. Randy Moss like talent..... I'd trade Andy though. We need to move on from him anyways and not pay him 100 million next year ..man I can't believe we're paying him that now! As cheap as mike brown is why would you pay a mediocre guy that much?

bengals need to start over..AJ Green while a very good receiver in his prime was not a great receiver..he makes the difficult catches then for some odd reason drops the 10-12 yard ones..time and time again

Stick Brady, Ben, Mahomes, Brees etc .behind this terrible offensive line they might even look worse
Reply/Quote
Trade AJ or don't - it does not matter. This team sucks either way and will continue to suck regardless of the AJ situation.

The AJ situation is NOT the root cause of the teams problems.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 09:20 AM)Sled21 Wrote: When someone says we should trade AJ, I just quit reading their post right then and there, as reading it any further would just make me dumber.....

Yea well passing on a 1st round pick for AJ is pretty dumb if you ask me.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 08:58 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Yea well passing on a 1st round pick for AJ is pretty dumb if you ask me.

Unless some team wants to win this year they wouldn't even consider giving up a first rounder to sign a injury prone player for one half of a season .
Reply/Quote