Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Dre Kirkpatrick stock is rising
This guy is turning into a shut down corner and has thrived this year. Ive been as hard on him as anyone, but man has he played well this year.

We need to give him an extension in the off season. He is improving every year and is about to peak.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 04:50 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This guy is turning into a shut down corner and has thrived this year. Ive been as hard on him as anyone, but man has he played well this year.

We need to give him an extension in the off season. He is improving every year and is about to peak.

I concur.  I don't know about a shut down corner, but the guy has FAR exceeded my expectations.  Maybe we should have been bitching at the coaches for not letting him play instead of assuming he was a bust?  

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 05:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: I concur.  I don't know about a shut down corner, but the guy has FAR exceeded my expectations.  Maybe we should have been bitching at the coaches for not letting him play instead of assuming he was a bust?  

Thats one of the reasons why I think this team struggled early this year. A lot of young guys and turnover on the team and they never got the reps they needed in order to take over. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
That's one of the main components of developing players...giving them playing time.
Reply/Quote
It's not like the coaches were just refusing to let him play he was hurt for a big chunk of his career and it stunted his growth. Not saying it doesn't happen other times though.
Reply/Quote
He has stepped up in a big way and become a good CB.

I am a bit worried it took his contract year for it to happen, though.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I will admit that I have been impressed with DreK's play this year; however, as I watched last night's NYG-DAL game I kept thinking we let the better one get away.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Playing himself out of a contract with the Bengals. MB isn't paying him like a #1, but some team probably will.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 05:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I will admit that I have been impressed with DreK's play this year; however, as I watched last night's NYG-DAL game I kept thinking we let the better one get away.

I sure remember several folks clamoring for Jenkins on the old board.

Reply/Quote
Now it's all "This guy is great, and we should blame the coaches for not letting him play". For the last two years it's been "Kirkpatrick's a bust, and bum, get him off the field"........ this board never disappoints.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 05:25 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Thats one of the reasons why I think this team struggled early this year. A lot of young guys and turnover on the team and they never got the reps they needed in order to take over. 

I agree.....hopefully they don't waste WJIII next year.

(12-12-2016, 05:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's one of the main components of developing players...giving them playing time.

Yessir.....except in Cincy. Mellow

Reply/Quote
So I guess we should now take Kirkpatrick off the field to give the younger guys playing time to see what they have, right????
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 06:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Now it's all "This guy is great, and we should blame the coaches for not letting him play". For the last two years it's been "Kirkpatrick's a bust, and bum, get him off the field"........ this board never disappoints.

So.....you're saying he was beyond serviceable before this season?  He has been pretty bad at times.  That said....it was either him to blame., or the coaches for not getting him the reps to develop.  In all honesty....after the idiotic Peerman/Jackson III fiasco....I'm not sure it isn't on these bumbling fools.  Reps go beyond gamedays.....

Reply/Quote
I would rather spend the money on Zeitler than him. Kirk is good but he will not be worth the 10-12 mil that he will be asking for.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Between Kirkpatrick showing solid improvement on the field, Dennard not really wowing any of us, and Jackson spending the year on IR, I'd say that Kirkpatrick has some pretty good leverage heading into contract negotiations.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Know myself and Shady were against picking Kirkpatrick and wanting Jenkins instead.

That being said, Dre and Zeitler are both must signs in off season in my book.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Maybe we'll tag him. I think you can replace a RG (draft) easier than a CB.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 08:27 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Know myself and Shady were against picking Kirkpatrick and wanting Jenkins instead.

That being said, Dre and Zeitler are both must signs in off season in my book.

Jenkins was considered the most talented corner by most people.  The problem was the off-field baggage making him a big risk.
Reply/Quote
I was hard on DreK a while back but with a reserved attitude.

I thought he displayed good speed as a positive, but now his coverage skills are catching up.

He deserves a going rate contract for a starting CB.

The only thing he really is lacking is his tackling fundamentals(theme of this season BTW).

It's not everyday that you see someone trying to tackle a player by his neck/helmet. LOL

I haven't been paying attention to his penalties this season... how is he doing?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
He's gonna get paid.
Reply/Quote