Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dre didn't stop drunk friend
(04-09-2016, 11:28 AM)Okeana Wrote: In my opinion he's just as responsible for their deaths.

Put down the pipe please.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 07:00 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: If he is feeling a strong amount of guilt one could only be only left to wonder how this is going to affect Dre for this upcoming season.

So happy we kept him over Reggie.

I know "but Reggie is a Safety and Dre is a CB" and what not.. i'm just not a fan of DreK.

We didn't extend Dre yet.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 07:00 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: If he is feeling a strong amount of guilt one could only be left to wonder how this is going to affect Dre for this upcoming season.

I know "but Reggie is a Safety and Dre is a CB" and what not.. i'm just not a fan of DreK.

All you saw was Dre in the title and unleashed the wolves. LOL
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 10:27 PM)pally Wrote: Dre Kirkpatrick was at a bar with the man who caused last nights fatal accident on I-75. Dre tweeted he knew his friend was drunk and he didn't stop him.

Friends don't let friends drive drunk...a reminder for us all

story

Bad situation!! Dre should have stopped him. Friends don't let friends drive drunk. I would hate to have that on my shoulders. Glad i don't drink. Someone's life is not worth a few beers and a bad decision
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 07:00 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: If he is feeling a strong amount of guilt one could only be left to wonder how this is going to affect Dre for this upcoming season.

We didn't.  We kept Pacman over Reggie.  Dre was not a free agent, thus could go nowhere.
Reply/Quote
I wonder how drunk Dre was.
Reply/Quote
Kirkpatrick is an emotional player. He leaves it on the field and out for all to see. It was his way of coping. We don't know the full story. For all we know Kirkpatrick could have just left the bar and assumed he would get a ride or something. We don't know.

I lost a friend/acquaintance to drunk driving a little over a year ago. The one guy I know blames himself because he left before the friend did.

It's a tough situation. Kirkpatrick is hurting and so are these families.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2016, 02:56 AM)tlotharw Wrote: I wonder how drunk Dre was.

He stated he hadn't been drinking.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 11:28 AM)Okeana Wrote: In my opinion he's just as responsible for their deaths.

Seriously? So what if Dre did say something and the guy chose to drive anyway is Dre still liable? Whats he supposed to do physically restrain the guy from driving? 

Whatever happened for people being responsible for their own actions? If your old enough to drink then your old enough to make those kind of choices. Being inebriated doesn't make others responsible for you. Thats like saying my brother the meth head ( I don't even have a brother) has a bad tweak and goes on a stabbing rampage, but because I didnt stop him its my fault. 

That guy had numerous options in front of him before he even decided to start drinking. Arranging an Uber, cab, or a friend. Yea maybe Dre could have done more, but that guy is an adult who can make his own decisions. He made a fatally bad decision that night, but its not Dre's fault. 
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 01:39 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: I wonder if one day all autos may come with breathalyzers as standard equipment, and in order to start the car you'll have to utilize it.  Nah, probably not.

It's more likely in 30 years most cars in the US will be self-driving and it won't be relevant if anyone inside them is drunk.
Reply/Quote
Dre tried to stop him, but the guy probably used a double move.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 02:47 PM)BigRed75 Wrote: On what basis? Don't just spout off...know something about the law before you speak. Dre is not liable to any plaintiff based on a tweet alone.

I do know something about the law, I enforced it for 20 years. And "reading is fundamental"....nowhere did I say he was responsible, I said attorneys will be going after his pockets because of his tweets. Where have you been for the last 40 years that you missed the epidemic of frivolous lawsuits filed daily. All one has to do is read what has been written so far on this thread to see that a personal injury lawyer has hope of finding jurors who will look at this situation and his tweet and use his owns words to try to assign a percentage of blame to him. They will sue him, and he may be forced to settle because of a dumb twitter account. Just watch...
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2016, 12:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dre tried to stop him, but the guy probably used a double move.
Then he incredulously looked around for a flag for a push off.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2016, 12:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I do know something about the law, I enforced it for 20 years. And "reading is fundamental"....nowhere did I say he was responsible, I said attorneys will be going after his pockets because of his tweets. Where have you been for the last 40 years that you missed the epidemic of frivolous lawsuits filed daily. All one has to do is read what has been written so far on this thread to see that a personal injury lawyer has hope of finding jurors who will look at this situation and his tweet and use his owns words to try to assign a percentage of blame to him. They will sue him, and he may be forced to settle because of a dumb twitter account. Just watch...

Umm, no where did I say you used the word "responsible." Enforcing the law? I'm going to go ahead and surmise you don't hold a JD and practice law...otherwise, you would know better. Full disclosure, I'm not a JD either but studied law in college and learned a thing or two from my attorney family members and friends. Dre does not need to worry about frivolous lawsuit.
Reply/Quote
I think Dre was truly sorry that he didn't stop him and wishes he could go back and do it over. He didn't have to tweet anything, but he did because he obviously felt bad. Hopefully it might help someone who finds themselves in that situation make different choices and stop their friend if they get a chance. I don't believe he's liable for anything, but I'm not a lawyer.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2016, 12:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dre tried to stop him, but the guy probably used a double move.

Hilarious. Three people died.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 09:58 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Bad situation!! Dre should have stopped him. Friends don't let friends drive drunk. I would hate to have that on my shoulders. Glad i don't drink. Someone's life is not worth a few beers and a bad decision

It's not that easy in the real world.  In 20/20 hindsight it's very easy to say something like this.  Dre probably had a schedule to stick to and had to leave before the other guy left.  What was he supposed to do?  Kidnap the guy?  In the real world adults need to take care of themselves.  Drinking and driving is an ugly thing, and people can help their friends in some situations, but in a case where someone leaves the scene before someone else is done drinking I fail to see how the person who leaves is responsible for anything.
Reply/Quote
I've tried to stop friends from driving. Doesn't always work
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2016, 10:44 PM)tlotharw Wrote: Hilarious.  Three people died.

Ouch. But you're right. Condolences to the victims families and to Dre. I really wish I could delete my previous posts but they have been quoted. I take all of that back to be saved for another thread. This is just a horrible tragedy for all involved and goes far beyond the importance of football. Again I am sorry for not staying on topic.

Reply/Quote

I Know people are in bars every night of the year almost. I don't go into them anymore, but from now on I'll make it my life's work to go bar to bar to bar and take everyone's keys no matter what. I don't want to be responsible for every potential death. Along the way I'll just have to accept the daily ass kickings..
I guess that's the moral of the story..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote