Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dre is Cut
https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/03/31/cincinnati-bengals-cut-dre-kirkpatrick/
Reply/Quote
He was never quite as bad as some fans claimed, but I’m glad to be moving on.

This team is going to look drastically different whenever we see football next. I can’t wait.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
He was the Germaine Gresham of the defense. Never failed to deliver a penalty at the worst possible time.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 10:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He was never quite as bad as some fans claimed, but I’m glad to be moving on.

This team is going to look drastically different whenever we see football next. I can’t wait.

This
Reply/Quote
So I have been to the past few training camps and watched these guys. Dre was just outstanding in drills. I could honestly see from that why the Bengals drafted him. It just doesn't translate to the field as much as you'd hope. Somebody will work him out and sign him.
Reply/Quote
Well, now we are back under the cap making a Dalton trade/cut not needed as of yet
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Figured it was coming with all the DB's we've picked up. Wish him luck with whatever's next but glad we've made the move.
Reply/Quote
When told about the release, Dre was caught off guard as he was still celebrating his last pass broken up.
Reply/Quote
I knew this was going to happen. It was a matter of time. Bengals brought in too many CB's for it not too.
Reply/Quote
Good riddance. I guess I can’t say this enough but hopefully this will be the last time: we should have drafted Decastro over Kirkpatrick Whatever

I thought it was a colossal mistake drafting him at the time, and he did little to prove me wrong over the years. While he wasn’t terrible for us, he wasn’t worth the first round pick we used IMO.

Man, I’m a bitter bastard LOL
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 10:55 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: When told about the release, Dre was caught off guard as he was still celebrating his last pass broken up.

You mean the pass a receiver dropped who Dre was about 7 yards away from Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Wonder if there was a bonus due or something or if there are more moves incoming soon?
Reply/Quote
More swag and less flag would have been nice. I think he milked that injury this year.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 10:55 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: When told about the release, Dre was caught off guard as he was still celebrating his last pass broken up.

I'm sorry that was friggin hilarious.... Hilarious LMAO Hilarious LMAO
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 10:48 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Well, now we are back under the cap making a Dalton trade/cut not needed as of yet

Correct, but Dalton will still need to be traded/cut by the time the draft picks start signing.
The Bengals are currently at $12.8 mill.
With Kirk cut, it puts the Bengals at ~$21 mill cap space.
They are expected to spend ~$11 mill on the draft picks alone.
That leaves just $10 mill, and Reader, Bynes, and Sims still aren't factored in yet.

I expect that those three guys will take up ~$15-20 mill in cap when all is said and done, so removing Dalton will be a necessity.
The leftover money can go towards a guy cut in cap who Bengals get off waiver, an extension for a player who will hit FA next year, and/or roll over what's left (if that will still be a thing in the new CBA).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
And we couldn't find a suitor for a trade?

Looks like CB is back on the Big Board.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Video 
Never forget

[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Good luck to him. But it was time for a change here. I’m sure the bengals tried trading him. I wonder if it was mainly contract or performance for why there were no takers.

Or maybe the bengals valued him a round 2 pick and wouldn’t budge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 10:59 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Good riddance. I guess I can’t say this enough but hopefully this will be the last time: we should have drafted Decastro over Kirkpatrick Whatever

I thought it was a colossal mistake drafting him at the time, and he did little to prove me wrong over the years. While he wasn’t terrible for us, he wasn’t worth the first round pick we used IMO.

Man, I’m a bitter bastard LOL

DeCastro was not that much better than Zeitler.  In fact Zeitler got paid more in free agency.  DeCastro instead of Zeitler would not have made a huge difference in our offense.
Reply/Quote
I'm sad to see him go, but he was so grossly overpaid for what he did, I think it's for the best. I thought they were going to be able to re-work his contract so he could be affordable as a 4th CB, but it seems like that was not possible.

I wish him luck getting a starting job on another team this summer.
Reply/Quote