Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Coast Offense
(02-13-2019, 04:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: Interesting, I didn't know much about the scheme in Dallas, just the performance.  Having said that, didn't we move away from Alexander's zone scheme to more of a power scheme toward the end of '17 and on into '18?

That's where I got confused. I thought Alexander was running a lot of zone schemes, then Lazor had us switch to a power scheme towards the end of 2017, and that's why Alexander was fired and Pollack got hired. Obviously I'm wrong about Pollack, but why did we hire him if he ran zone blocking?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 08:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's where I got confused. I thought Alexander was running a lot of zone schemes, then Lazor had us switch to a power scheme towards the end of 2017, and that's why Alexander was fired and Pollack got hired. Obviously I'm wrong about Pollack, but why did we hire him if he ran zone blocking?

That's what I thought too.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 10:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I once watched Wes Welker talking about how the Broncos put new tweaks on a lot of plays every week. One week, the route on a certain play would have a cut left at 10 yards, then the following week the WR would break right at 7 yards. I'm making that part up, but that was the gist of it. Makes the offense more difficult to predict.

Callahan was a part of that offense, so hopefully that was instilled in him.

This is what i am talking about. This confuses Defenses and puts them on their heels.

I truly believe this Offense has been hampered by the O-line coach and the OC's under Marv every year except maybe 2015 with Hue and even then i think that the talent of Eifert, Green and the boys carried it.

I have no idea what this Offense will look like now, it was so stale. I suspect it will be fun to watch.

It is not a coincidence that under Marv pretty much every OC did the same things in 2nd halfs of games.

(02-12-2019, 10:22 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Both Zac and Brian hinted at WCO philosophies in their pressers.  Hobs wrote about it on the mothership.  This is why I think Zac is confident with the players he has on offense.  Because Jay drafted Dalton to run the WCO, and Green and Bernard have also played in it.  I think the offense will actually have a much better year than folks anticipate.

I think so too.

We just need to get a DC in here damn it.
Reply/Quote