Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dre wants Aubrey
(02-12-2019, 02:37 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Nope. Guess again. 

Reinard Wilson.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 02:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Reinard Wilson.

Ah yes.  Good old Reinard.  Twenty four sacks in seven seasons.  What a stud.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
We have a weiner.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 02:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Reinard Wilson.

Man, had high hopes for him....what a flop.  

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 02:52 PM)Wyche Wrote: Man, had high hopes for him....what a flop.  

He was damn good at FSU, wasn't he?  Probably too much of a tweener for his time.  Might be a different story if he played today.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 02:55 PM)McC Wrote: He was damn good at FSU, wasn't he?  Probably too much of a tweener for his time.  Might be a different story if he played today.

His job in high school and college was "go get the quarterback." That simple.

Then he gets to LeBeau's complex scheme with drops, reads, different responsibilities, etc. 

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 02:55 PM)McC Wrote: He was damn good at FSU, wasn't he?  Probably too much of a tweener for his time.  Might be a different story if he played today.

Yes, he was baller in Tallahassee.  You may be right about that.  He just never panned out in the NFL, for some reason or another.  Slightly O/T, but how good was Derwin James this season?  Man, we could have had him.....but Bates was solid too, and we needed a C.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 03:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yes, he was baller in Tallahassee.  You may be right about that.  He just never panned out in the NFL, for some reason or another.  Slightly O/T, but how good was Derwin James this season?  Man, we could have had him.....but Bates was solid too, and we needed a C.

Bates was good.  James was a pure stud, flat out game changer.  He almost single handedly made a joke out of the Ratbirds' wonky offense in the playoffs.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 03:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yes, he was baller in Tallahassee.  You may be right about that.  He just never panned out in the NFL, for some reason or another.  Slightly O/T, but how good was Derwin James this season?  Man, we could have had him.....but Bates was solid too, and we needed a C.

Price is a bust. If not a bust, certainly not someone who should have been taken in the first round. IMO you have to be a pretty special C to justify a first round pick, and Price is the opposite. To think we could have had James instead of him makes me ill. 

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 03:16 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Price is a bust. If not a bust, certainly not someone who should have been taken in the first round. IMO you have to be a pretty special C to justify a first round pick, and Price is the opposite. To think we could have had James instead of him makes me ill. 

Try not to think about it too much, it'll drive you crazy.

Price will be okay.  They should have put him at RG to start with like the other teams did with their rookie C's.  Don't count him out just yet.  And who knows, he could still end up at RG.

And I have to think James surpassed everyone's expectations or he would have been drafted sooner.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 03:20 PM)McC Wrote: Try not to think about it too much, it'll drive you crazy.

Price will be okay.  They should have put him at RG to start with like the other teams did with their rookie C's.  Don't count him out just yet.  And who knows, he could still end up at RG.

And I have to think James surpassed everyone's expectations or he would have been drafted sooner.

Yeah, I think it just bothers me most that if Price went to school at Penn State or Michigan the Bengals probably pass. But, Ohio State. 

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 03:24 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Yeah, I think it just bothers me most that if Price went to school at Penn State or Michigan the Bengals probably pass. But, Ohio State. 

They really wanted Ragnow but settled for Price, imo.

But Price is a quality individual and he will put forth the effort to improve.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 03:16 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Price is a bust. If not a bust, certainly not someone who should have been taken in the first round. IMO you have to be a pretty special C to justify a first round pick, and Price is the opposite. To think we could have had James instead of him makes me ill. 

He's certainly struggled, no doubt.  I think they wanted Ragnow, but Price was there.  In this instance, it wound up being a bit of a reach, but we didn't know that Hopkins was a serviceable C at that point.  We had to have a C, and Price was a good prospect....but yeah, Derwin James....lol.

(02-12-2019, 03:20 PM)McC Wrote: Try not to think about it too much, it'll drive you crazy.

Good point, I think Price's work ethic will serve him well moving forward.

Not to be a homer, but if you watched James at FSU, you wouldn't have had many doubts.  The dude was ALL OVER the field making plays and tackles.  A natural.  I couldn't believe he lasted until SD.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 04:01 PM)Wyche Wrote: He's certainly struggled, no doubt.  I think they wanted Ragnow, but Price was there.  In this instance, it wound up being a bit of a reach, but we didn't know that Hopkins was a serviceable C at that point.  We had to have a C, and Price was a good prospect....but yeah, Derwin James....lol.

Not to be a homer, but if you watched James at FSU, you wouldn't have had many doubts.  The dude was ALL OVER the field making plays and tackles.  A natural.  I couldn't believe he lasted until SD.

Needs just must have won out because stud Safeties don't usually last until #17.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 04:15 PM)McC Wrote: Needs just must have won out because stud Safeties don't usually last until #17.

Some of it could have been the tweener question you brought up earlier.  Seems I recall people questioning whether he would be a fit at S, or LB, even CB.  Needs were kinda big in that draft too, 4 QBs, us at C, etc.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 02:57 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Best movie fight of all time!

[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 04:01 PM)Wyche Wrote: He's certainly struggled, no doubt.  I think they wanted Ragnow, but Price was there.  In this instance, it wound up being a bit of a reach, but we didn't know that Hopkins was a serviceable C at that point.  We had to have a C, and Price was a good prospect....but yeah, Derwin James....lol.

It just amazes me when people label Price a bust already. The guy tore his pec at the combine, so he had no real weight training during the off season, he only got to do no contact walk throughs at OTA's and Training Camp. Then he gets injured in what, the second game? So he misses the first half or so of the season...… his rookie season, and yet people are going to call him a bust because he struggled at times as a starting rookie center. Laughable.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 11:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It just amazes me when people label Price a bust already. The guy tore his pec at the combine, so he had no real weight training during the off season, he only got to do no contact walk throughs at OTA's and Training Camp. Then he gets injured in what, the second game? So he misses the first half or so of the season...… his rookie season, and yet people are going to call him a bust because he struggled at times as a starting rookie center. Laughable.

Yeah, I would not label him a bust at all at this point.  He was serviceable despite the odds against him that you mentioned.  As I said, I think he will be alright moving forward.  At least he has the right mindset and work ethic.

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 01:04 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, I would not label him a bust at all at this point.  He was serviceable despite the odds against him that you mentioned.  As I said, I think he will be alright moving forward.  At least he has the right mindset and work ethic.

I predict he is going to be a beast given time to mature into his role.....
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 03:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I predict he is going to be a beast given time to mature into his role.....

Didn't he allow just 1 pressure all year? I could have sworn I read that somewhere.
Reply/Quote