Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dream Day 2 Picks
Booth is definitely my favorite player remaining and I would be ecstatic if he fell to us in 2. I would also be happy with Cam Taylor Britt or Coby Bryant. I guess I still want someone who can challenge Apple on the outside.

Also would love Alec Pierce. We don’t need him but I’d be happy.

A few more I really like:
Jeremy Ruckert
Jelani Woods
Jaquan Brisker
Leo Chenal
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I am looking through who's left on the board and it is likely we are still getting really nice players tonight. There are 6 really good edge guys still on the board, and with a few stand up linebackers, the QB's (probably 3) going tonight, along with 3 or so backs, and another mini run on WR's we should be in really good shape to get value.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 02:53 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: I can admit that I have yet to watch tape on Mathis. Are those your 3T's in order?

Nope, just how NFL.COM rates them.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Tiger

Just play the board but I'd like to see some aggression early to solidify either of three spots and if that means giving up a four to do it then so be it.

CB,DT,TE

If its a player that you like go get that guy! This division will be the most competitive that we've seen in quite sometime imo. The hat trick that the Ravens pulled off opening night tells more about thier mentality to take this division back then it does about keeping anyone happy on the roster. The Steelers moved accordingly and drafted a future quarterback that will run through a brick wall for that organization. I see them going offensive line and playmakers on both sides the rest of the way. The Browns will make noise at some point this weekend as well.
GO GET YOUR GUYS!
Dear Draft Santa:
-Bring me a LG with versatility to challenge immediately.
-A defensive tackle that you can't keep off the field that gives you 15 snaps a contest.
-Kyler Gordon if its CB
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 03:23 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Just play the board but I'd like to see some aggression early to solidify either of three spots and if that means giving up a four to do it then so be it.

CB,DT,TE

If its a player that you like go get that guy! This division will be the most competitive that we've seen in quite sometime imo. The hat trick that the Ravens pulled off opening night tells more about thier mentality to take this division back then it does about keeping anyone happy on the roster. The Steelers moved accordingly and drafted a future quarterback that will run through a brick wall for that organization. I see them going offensive line and playmakers on both sides the rest of the way. The Browns will make noise at some point this weekend as well.
GO GET YOUR GUYS!

Ravens threw away their only weapons outside of Andrews for a Center that doesn't fit their scheme.

Steelers moved nothing. They waited for a tiny handed (only QB to have hands that small and start is Vick).

We have no idea what Cleveland has planned.

We improved our already AFC Championship team. We don't need to waste our picks to slightly move up. Based on Drafttek's pick chart, trading our 4th moves us up only to ATLs pick that they received from Ten. Stay and draft the highest graded CB or 3T on your board and keep 4 for another potential starter (TE perhaps) or high level depth piece. 

Sometimes I feel like we are too shortsighted on things like this (not you but a co-worker that said the same exact thing yesterday where he wanted us to trade up from 31 to like 15)
Reply/Quote
Winfrey

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Here's my dream list for tonight in no particular order:

Andrew Booth Jr
Cam Taylor-Britt
Jeremy Ruckert
Jalen Pitre
Cam Jurgens
Calvin Austin III
Arnold Ebiketie
Drake Jackson
Nick Benito
Logan Hall
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 11:40 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: Self explanatory.

Who would make your top two picks?

Mine are the two Cams from Nebraska.

CTB for CB at 63 and Beef Jurgens at 95. Complete the DB overhaul and bring in a iOL flexible to play all 3, and possibly move Karras to LG or take over for Carman (regardless of potential criminal charges)

Id rather see a DT.  Phidarius from Alabama sounds solid to me.  But bpa always at this point in time.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 04:00 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Id rather see a DT.  Phidarius from Alabama sounds solid to me.  But bpa always at this point in time.

I'm slightly skeptical of Alabama DL and DBs. Its like with their RBs, they always have so much talent its hard to judge how talented the individual players are.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 12:30 PM)Au165 Wrote: If we came out of day two with Trey McBride and Cam-Taylor Brit I'd be happy...and I think it is actually possible.

That would be quite the haul there!
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 12:52 PM)Whatever Wrote: Kind of surprised Raimann hasn't gotten more love. A 1st round T prospect with an arm length knock would seem like a good fit at LG if he falls to us in 2.
We’ve met with him, we’re at his pro day, and one of our assistants was once on CMU’s staff. If he makes it to 63 I can see him being the pick. Would make a GREAT LG, similar to Brandon Scherff athletically.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
I really think the Bengals approach using the coaches more than other teams is working. Besides their expertise everybody’s invested.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 11:40 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: Self explanatory.

Who would make your top two picks?

Mine are the two Cams from Nebraska.

CTB for CB at 63 and Beef Jurgens at 95. Complete the DB overhaul and bring in a iOL flexible to play all 3, and possibly move Karras to LG or take over for Carman (regardless of potential criminal charges)

Same with CTB and Jurgens, but I will add Logan Hall/PerrionWinfrey and Cameron Thomas/Josh Paschal.

Would love to get a 3-tech and another pass rusher. Speaking of CB's after CTB I am still wanting Zyon McCollum big time.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 04:04 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I'm slightly skeptical of Alabama DL and DBs. Its like with their RBs, they always have so much talent its hard to judge how talented the individual players are.

man I think that dude had already been picked anyway lol.  I been working and havent been able to watch much of the draft.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 03:30 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: man I think that dude had already been picked anyway lol.  I been working and havent been able to watch much of the draft.

Yea, he ended up getting picked before our 2nd round player. The more I see of Carter though, the better I feel about the pick. At least our guy has a non-stop motor
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 03:47 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Yea, he ended up getting picked before our 2nd round player. The more I see of Carter though, the better I feel about the pick. At least our guy has a non-stop motor

How bout that 1st rounder outta Michigan.  I like him too.  Hope that DT in 3 we got is good tho.  I liked having prime geno at 3 tech.  I miss that.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:15 PM)Au165 Wrote: I continue to not see the DT need as large and as immediate as others. We can get a one year vet to eat snaps behind Hill along with a day 3 rookie. I’m also not a huge TE guy but with Hurst and Sample on one year deals we need to find our future there.

It doesn't have to be a first round pick (it obviously wasn't) but the Bengals needed a lot more talent for rotational pass rush at the end of games.  Hubbard and Hendrickson were amazing against KC, but it seemed they got worn out (which makes sense given their snaps).  So, I see a healthy Ossai and a healthy Kareem as key players next season.  

Remember, it was a fresh Kareem that made a huge play against Denver.

But on the inside, I saw next to no rotation in the biggest games.  It was Hill and Reader every play.  I just think if they had a pass rushing 3t (and I still have high hopes for Cam Sample in this role) and a better rotational option with Reader (Tupou wasn't quite what I hoped for after he played so well before COVID) then it would make them that much stronger on defense.  

We sure didn't need another NT, although Shelvin hasn't really shown much.  
Reply/Quote