Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dream Offensive Staff
Okey Dokey, Marvin is back and it seems the "sticking point" between he and Mikey was offensive staff. So instead of kicking the wall give us your dream staff:

OC:

Oline:

WR:

RB:

QB:
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Marvin is back but I bet we are looking at two new cordinators.
Reply/Quote
OC: John DeFilippo, current Philly QB coach, Former OC for the Browns back when they won a couple games. Youngstown native

QB:

WR: TJHoushmandzadeh, already has volunteered to help out Ross and him shinning his cleats with a terrible towel makes him one of my all time favorites

RB:

Oline: Dave Lapham, talks a big game let's see what he can do when he's asked to make the decisions.

I'll have to think a little more on the rest
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Hire Willie Anderson, Joe Walter, or Anthony Munoz to coach the offensive line. Heck, hire all three.
Reply/Quote
You bring back Lasor ....It's not just me but Tony Romo doing our games saw an improvement under Lasor....It's not Lasor's fault he took over one of the worst offenses in NFL History, but it is to his credit that he went 7-7 with such a sorry lot of players. Give this guy some blocking so his X's and O's can work.

You people don't want to hear that though. You think we have the best players ever and all we need is new coaches...WRONG.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 07:50 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: Marvin is back but I bet we are looking at two new cordinators.

Jack Del Rio for defensive coordinator.

Todd Haley for offensive coordinator.
Reply/Quote
Can we get some aggressive coaches in here please? I'm tired of this passive, no-energy bullshit.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
It doesn't matter. No matter who the Bengals have on their staff, Marvin will make sure they F up the second half of games and play conservative with a lead, to prevent hurting any other team's feelings.

15 more years!

(PS, look forward to probably Paul Alexander coming back at this point, because we haven't suffered enough yet.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 07:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: OC: Caldwell

Oline: Willie Anderson

WR, RB, QB: whoever Caldwell brings? I don't keep up with non coordinators who aren't in line for obvious promotions

Meh
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:06 PM)kevin Wrote: You bring back Lasor ....It's not just me but Tony Romo doing our games saw an improvement under Lasor....It's not Lasor's fault he took over one of the worst offenses in NFL History, but it is to his credit that he went 7-7 with such a sorry lot of players.   Give this guy some blocking so his X's and O's can work.

You people don't want to hear that though.  You think we have the best players ever and all we need is new coaches...WRONG.

He was definitely an improvement, but how many times did the offense do little to nothing in the 2nd half of games? Even against Baltimore they didn’t score a second half point until the last minute and that was on their last chance on a 4th and 12
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:06 PM)kevin Wrote: You bring back Lasor ....It's not just me but Tony Romo doing our games saw an improvement under Lasor....It's not Lasor's fault he took over one of the worst offenses in NFL History, but it is to his credit that he went 7-7 with such a sorry lot of players. Give this guy some blocking so his X's and O's can work.

You people don't want to hear that though. You think we have the best players ever and all we need is new coaches...WRONG.

I'll disagree. You can't bring back both Marv and Lazor. The lack of 2nd half production was other worldly. We need an OC that can out-coordinate Marv's lack of adjustments.

Edit: did not see post above mine. Completely agree.
Reply/Quote
No reputable offensive coach will come here without a contract clause stipulating that Marvin cannot interfere in the playcalling or player selection. So we'll get a weak minded sycophant.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 09:17 PM)Joelist Wrote: No reputable offensive coach will come here without a contract clause stipulating that Marvin cannot interfere in the playcalling or player selection. So we'll get a weak minded sycophant.

Or... Or...

Even better. A guy who was fired by the dolphins a couple years back who just got done coordinating the 32nd ranked offense in the league.
Reply/Quote
OC: Hmm... Studesville

Oline: Willie. Put his money where his mouth is. He's a damn good coach too.

WR: I'd be cool with Touraj as well... and he doesn't take shit too.

RB: No clue.

QB: No clue.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Who can they promote from within? There's your answers.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
OC: Someone stupid

Oline: Who else but the fat piece of shit piano man

WR: Doesn't matter.. the receivers are weak and will fold when a real game is on the line

RB: Does it matter

QB: Lawn chair

**EDIT** Oops sorry that's not my dream team, that's the reality team
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:06 PM)kevin Wrote: You bring back Lasor ....It's not just me but Tony Romo doing our games saw an improvement under Lasor....It's not Lasor's fault he took over one of the worst offenses in NFL History, but it is to his credit that he went 7-7 with such a sorry lot of players.   Give this guy some blocking so his X's and O's can work.

You people don't want to hear that though.  You think we have the best players ever and all we need is new coaches...WRONG.

Are you lasor? 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:07 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It doesn't matter. No matter who the Bengals have on their staff, Marvin will make sure they F up the second half of games and play conservative with a lead, to prevent hurting any other team's feelings.

15 more years!

(PS, look forward to probably Paul Alexander coming back at this point, because we haven't suffered enough yet.)

Whoaaa! You don't like the Infamous Marvin Lewis Prevent Offense. I think it's really catching on, all the cool kids are doin it.
Reply/Quote
I wouldnt mind Aaron Kromer the Rams OL coach as OC.

He had a two year stint as Bears OC and had Cutler leading a top 2 O one of those years. Good number of pro bowlers on the OL at his stops. Knows how to get a run game going. Former OL himself for Miami OH.

Probably learned a thing or two from Mcvay this year too.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 07:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Okey Dokey, Marvin is back and it seems the "sticking point" between he and Mikey was offensive staff. So instead of kicking the wall give us your dream staff:

OC:

Oline:

WR:

RB:

QB:

This is what I think we could get and Such would be a dream scenario based on what is possible .

OC: Lazor

OLine: Joe Philbin or Mike Tice

WR: Urban

RB: Caskey

QB: Byron Leftwich
Reply/Quote