Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dreams and Nightmares
I had a disturbing dream last night.

My daughter and I were in a strange city going to take my grand daughter to the Aquarium. The only way to get to the Aquarium was by a van ride that left the hotel we were staying at. The van left the hotel at 2:00pm and left the Aquarium at 6:00pm everyday. 

The next thing I remember, we are visiting a friend in this strange city. My daughter and grand daughter sit down on the street corner and start playing a game and other children show up to play as well as I start into this building. As I'm walking up the stairs, I see drops of blood on different steps. I get to where my friend is and see two men in the bathroom scrubbing the tub and walls covered in blood. I then realize that they slaughtered a cow and stored the meat in the refridgerator as I see one of the men lift their left hand to wave and then I look over to my friend.

Here's the thing, I've don't know who this dream friend is. I've never met them in real life or seen anyone who looked like this dream friend. He was white, around 60 and had a long black beard and hair. He was wearing a charcoal leather smock and gloves because he had just finished slaughtering the cow.

I'm leaving my friend and walk outside only to find my grand daughter is missing. My daughter comes up to me and asks if I had seen her and I ask what had happened. My daughter responds that she went to the hotel and that my grand daughter must have followed her. Now I'm pissed and very distraught.

Walking back to the hotel, I take one step and yell my grand daughters name. It's now dark outside and the city is quiet except for me yelling my grand daughters name. I start getting close to this bluish gray, round building or structure and as I yell, I hear whimpering start to get louder.

That's when I wake up.

I have very detailed dreams.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
Dreams are killer. Had one the other day where I was in an attack. Not one like the ranch style home I live in, but one similar to the house in the movie “Beetle Juice.” Anyway, for some reason, I am alone, but can also see myself as a second person standing close by. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and had this feeling that I had to hide. There was a wooden crate in the room but no hiding place. So I laid down in the prone position behind the box. The men reach the top of the stairs and stop (I’m still seeing all this as an out of body view). Then I felt terrible fear.

Right at this moment, what appeared to be a black ant started crawling upward from my feet onto my jeans. As it traveled, heading towards my arms, it slightly began to transform. I can’t brush it off or I will make a noise and be discovered. By the time the ant reached my wrist, it now was the size of a mouse with ant like legs, a Bengal tiger body, and a large wasp like stinger as its tail. Now I’m seeing this on me as if I’m lying on the floor watching myself closely. This is when I notice the stinger raise into the air, and violently slam downward into my wrist. It hurt like hell.

At this moment, I flinched and knew I had been discovered. So I stood up to run and still seeing all this as a second person in the room, watched these men open fire on me and shooting me several time. I saw 2 large holes in my upper back. I turned around to face my aggressors and one came up running and apologizing for shooting me like it was an accident. It was like this guy knew me very well, but I didn’t know him. He was almost begging for my forgiveness, but I knew I had so many holes in me I was going to die. That’s when I woke up.

As I rose out of bed and put my feet on the floor, I immediately said to myself, “WTF was that?” Of course before I even get 3-4 steps in while walking out of the bedroom, I started blaming the stressful Bengals season on the dream. Why else would the ant transform into a mouse sized body with a Bengal body and wasp stinger? Nevertheless, it freaked me out.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You are all the other people in your dreams. Or the key aspect of each other person is one of your defining aspects.

You have to realize this to properly analyze what is happening. If you dream about someone else messing up you are actually dealing with something you think you messed up.
Reply/Quote
I usually don't remember dreams, but about 2 years ago in a span of 4 months I had 2 dreams that involved the same 2 principles, Sasquatch! Not trying to be funny either, because in both instances I woke screaming and throwing punches. They both involved me walking thru sheds, different sheds in each dream, out in the forest. 1 was like a gauntlet, I was getting kicked and punched on both sides and the other one I was defending myself and son with a shovel. My wife thinks it relates to stuff that happened in the past, I'm sure on some level she could be right, but I never had one before that time and none after last one....
Reply/Quote
I've heard that the human brain cannot imagine a face. Any stranger that appears in any of your dreams is actually a face that you have seen somewhere along the line.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I had the same dream two nights in a row late last week. 

I has back in my childhood home with my Mom and my sister and my son.  Mom and I were mad at each for one reason or another.  Then she says she has to go open the cage and let the bear out.  I thought, "what bear?"  well, in the living room was a large caged up grizzly bear.  I screamed and pleaded with her to not open the cage to let it out.  she said it was alright and that she's taken the bear out before to for a walk and everything turned out ok.  I repeated to her to please not let that bear out.  Well my sister is overhearing this conversation and she's like "F*** It", I'll let the damn thing out." and she opens the cage.  I grab my 1 year old son and run out of there all while this bear is chasing us thru the house.  we end up outside in Dad's shop and I've barricaded the door shut hoping the bear can't get in.  I look out the window and I see the bear walking towards the shop. 

Then I wake up sweating and having to pee like I just drank a 12 pack. 

Weird I know. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
My opinion - You are remembering dreams because you're waking up during REM sleep (which can happen during nightmares).

I can force myself to "dream" every time, if I set an alarm for an hour earlier than when I usually get up. Wake up to that, set the alarm for 1 hour later. I will wake up during the time I'm falling into REM, and remember my dream.

I haven't used an alarm in 10 years or so though so I don't remember my dreams much anymore.

There has been only once I could fly in a dream, every other time I realized I'm in a dream I woke up - except once. Apparently that's the thing I'd like to do most.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2018, 08:35 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I had a disturbing dream last night.

My daughter and I were in a strange city going to take my grand daughter to the Aquarium. The only way to get to the Aquarium was by a van ride that left the hotel we were staying at. The van left the hotel at 2:00pm and left the Aquarium at 6:00pm everyday. 

The next thing I remember, we are visiting a friend in this strange city. My daughter and grand daughter sit down on the street corner and start playing a game and other children show up to play as well as I start into this building. As I'm walking up the stairs, I see drops of blood on different steps. I get to where my friend is and see two men in the bathroom scrubbing the tub and walls covered in blood. I then realize that they slaughtered a cow and stored the meat in the refridgerator as I see one of the men lift their left hand to wave and then I look over to my friend.

Here's the thing, I've don't know who this dream friend is. I've never met them in real life or seen anyone who looked like this dream friend. He was white, around 60 and had a long black beard and hair. He was wearing a charcoal leather smock and gloves because he had just finished slaughtering the cow.

I'm leaving my friend and walk outside only to find my grand daughter is missing. My daughter comes up to me and asks if I had seen her and I ask what had happened. My daughter responds that she went to the hotel and that my grand daughter must have followed her. Now I'm pissed and very distraught.

Walking back to the hotel, I take one step and yell my grand daughters name. It's now dark outside and the city is quiet except for me yelling my grand daughters name. I start getting close to this bluish gray, round building or structure and as I yell, I hear whimpering start to get louder.

That's when I wake up.

I have very detailed dreams.

weird can you hear words in your dreams I never remember any spoken words.
Reply/Quote
I have a recurring dream about being in a sausage eating contest, but I am always alone with the judge. And there is only one sausage.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 11:47 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: weird can you hear words in your dreams I never remember any spoken words.

Oh yeah, I have short conversations in my dreams.

One dream I had was a conversation that my sister and I were having about time. She said that if time travel were possible, we would be able to go forwards and backwards and stop time and the like. I would then respond that if time travel were possible that we could only travel backwards in time and never forward even after going back since the future never happened.

That's when it gets weird and we end up walking along this wall and reach the corner of it and hear marching. We climb the wall to get away from those marching towards us only to find ourselves in Nazi Germany and staring at mounds and mounds of dead bobies. We come to this one mound and my sister moves a few bodies, and says to hide inside while she goes to get help and runs off.

That's when I wake up and before you ask, my sister is four years older than me. When we were little, we did everything together until she reached her teens...then she abandoned me, lol.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote