Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas stress
When the wife is planning frantically and I’m walking on egg shells because the perfect Christmas is everything to her when our family comes over and nothing I do is right?

“Me sa know not what to do? Hilarious

[Image: Jar-Jar-Binks-Star-Wars-oh-no-b.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2018, 11:03 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: When the wife is planning frantically and I’m walking on egg shells because the perfect Christmas is everything to her when our family comes over and nothing I do is right?

“Me sa know not what to do? Hilarious

[Image: Jar-Jar-Binks-Star-Wars-oh-no-b.jpg]
I wish I lived closer Harley, we could help each other out. I have 3 quarts of Bird Dog Blackberry Whiskey setting here in front of me that people have given me for Christmas.... Tongue
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 01:54 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I wish I lived closer Harley, we could help each other out. I have 3 quarts of Bird Dog Blackberry Whiskey setting here in front of me that people have given me for Christmas.... Tongue

Well, the worst part is over now. Busch Light and football helped ease the stress. Wait, maybe football didn’t help... whatever. Lol.

Reply/Quote
The stress is now starting in my house.

Despite our dinner plans being set in stone for over a month, the oldest just told her mother that she and her husband would be 1 1/2 late because they just found out in the last couple of days that his family isn't doing anything until 5.

WTF! YOU'VE KNOWN FOR A MONTH THAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE HERE AT 5, BUT NOW HAVE ZERO PROBLEM SAYING YOU WON'T BE HERE NOW!!!!!

One wrong out of me now, and I am a dead man because of it...
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 03:03 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: The stress is now starting in my house.

Despite our dinner plans being set in stone for over a month, the oldest just told her mother that she and her husband would be 1 1/2 late because they just found out in the last couple of days that his family isn't doing anything until 5.

WTF! YOU'VE KNOWN FOR A MONTH THAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE HERE AT 5, BUT NOW HAVE ZERO PROBLEM SAYING YOU WON'T BE HERE NOW!!!!!

Hilarious every year it’s the same here. We’ve had plans for months to have everyone here by 2. Daughter just texted and said she won’t be here till 5. WTF here to man. Every stinking year.

Reply/Quote

WTF!  YOU'VE KNOWN FOR A MONTH THAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE HERE AT 5, BUT NOW HAVE ZERO PROBLEM SAYING YOU WON'T BE HERE NOW!!!!!

I hear ya man, every Thanksgiving and Christmas here, dinner gets pushed back because people can't make it on time. Then they wonder why they have grumpy ME at dinner time...
Reply/Quote
We seem to always be the parents/grandparents that it’s ok to push plans on. Kids think, “it’s ok, they’ll understand!” Argh

Then I’m left with the meltdown from Mrs. Dog.

Reply/Quote
Simple solution....have dinner when you planned, latecomers miss out. There will likely be drama and stress about it, but you can probably bet they will either be on time from now on, or realize they will miss out in the future and not raise a stink when/if they do next time. To me a better alternative than stressing out EVERY year due to the same issue. One and done baby...just like the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 10:48 PM)Beaker Wrote: Simple solution....have dinner when you planned, latecomers miss out. There will likely be drama and stress about it, but you can probably bet they will either be on time from now on, or realize they will miss out in the future and not raise a stink when/if they do next time. To me a better alternative than stressing out EVERY year due to the same issue. One and done baby...just like the Bengals.

That's always been my argument for that kind of thing.

Problem is that answer escalates the situation instead of diffusing it, and I refuse to become a holiday crime statistic!
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 12:03 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Problem is that answer escalates the situation instead of diffusing it, and I refuse to become a holiday crime statistic!

Yep.

[Image: outline.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1200]

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 12:03 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: That's always been my argument for that kind of thing.

Problem is that answer escalates the situation instead of diffusing it, and I refuse to become a holiday crime statistic!

You can die fast from the gunshot when she kills you, or slow from the incessant nagging that finally gives you a stroke. I choose to go quick.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 02:27 PM)Beaker Wrote: You can die fast from the gunshot when she kills you, or slow from the incessant nagging that finally gives you a stroke. I choose to go quick.

Good point.  Never thought about it that way.

With that said, she won't make it quick.  I'm pretty sure she likes for me to suffer...
Reply/Quote
It just hit me! Are we all married to the same lady??
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 12:16 PM)sandwedge Wrote: It just hit me! Are we all married to the same lady??

That Ho!

Reply/Quote

WTF!  YOU'VE KNOWN FOR A MONTH THAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE HERE AT 5, BUT NOW HAVE ZERO PROBLEM SAYING YOU WON'T BE HERE NOW!!!!!

This is not a "husband/wife" situation.  Even the wife should know this is not acceptible.  You should have just started without them.

It is tough for families to coordinate Holiday meals, but every family should understand that they can not control what happens every where else.  You just do the best you can in the context of other group plans.
Reply/Quote
I've found that limiting gifts to $50 each adult and the kids get more helps, and also spacing out when gifts are opened*.

*I have not done this but suggested it, but can't get the whole family to agree, so I only imagine it would help - lol. Like 1PM is Reuben's time, 2PM is XYZ, etc. Our gift openings take an hour and it's just random and too much, feels like people should be donating more instead.

Also I find it tough to be with parents or in laws for more than 2 days at a time.
Reply/Quote