Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dremont Jones
The more I think about it, the more this guy needs to be our 2nd round pick(if he falls that far). Assuming Devin white is gone, trade down and get Cody Ford. But Jones he would mesh absolutely perfect with Geno. Genos game is power, Jones is finesse. Both have that absolutely elite not seen often first step. Dremont Jones is said by scouts to have elite range. They compare his range to a linebacker with his lateral agility. Imagine that. A Dt with the range of a lber. He needs to work on his leverage, but he's mastered his pass rush moves, especially the chop down swim. Him playing next to Geno Atkins would be amazing. Jones will never be a run stopper, but as a pass rusher, I believe he offers more upside than any Dt in this class. That first step absolutely killed everyone he went against.
Reply/Quote
Jones is one of my favorites unknowns at the moment. I'd like to get him, but not until Rd 3. I think he might go later than RD2 because he's not that big in stature and name. That is why I think maybe rd 3.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 08:05 AM)Jpoore Wrote: The more I think about it, the more this guy needs to be our 2nd round pick(if he falls that far). Assuming Devin white is gone, trade down and get Cody Ford. But Jones he would mesh absolutely perfect with Geno. Genos game is power, Jones is finesse. Both have that absolutely elite not seen often first step. Dremont Jones is said by scouts to have elite range. They compare his range to a linebacker with his lateral agility. Imagine that. A Dt with the range of a lber. He needs to work on his leverage, but he's mastered his pass rush moves, especially the chop down swim.  Him playing next to Geno Atkins would be amazing. Jones will never be a run stopper, but as a pass rusher, I believe he offers more upside than any Dt in this class. That first step absolutely killed everyone he went against.

I'm confused. You say in this that he needs to be the Bengals' 2nd round pick if he even falls that far. Yet in your scouting report thread, you said whichever team gets him in Rd 3-4 will get a steal. 

So what round do you realistically expect that he will and/or should go in?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
would rather much have Gerald Willis in the 3rd.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 04:25 PM)Okeana Wrote: would rather much have Gerald Willis in the 3rd.

I think we need more of a NT than a 3 technique as I think Glagow is a very solid back up. Someone like Khalen Saunders on day 3 to me has upside as a pass rusher but has size and strength to play on early downs at NT. 
Reply/Quote