Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dress Rehearsal- What Are We Looking For?
Week 3 is the dress rehearsal game of the preseason, so what are we looking for?

Obviously, I'm anxious to see how the line holds up and if they can give Andy the time he needs to make plays and if they can open some holes for Joe.

I'd like to see us establish a run game to help out the passing game and see if the line can at least hold some blocks and open some holes for Joe because Joe could be an animal.

With AJ out for a few weeks still (and Ross possibly missing the first game), I'm anxious to see how the younger receivers play and if the offense can still be productive. Hopefully, the new coaching staff has the receivers playing better and giving us some options.

On defense, obviously the backers will be a main area of focus for me but I'm also just anxious to see how the entire defense is operating and I'd like to see a renewed energy out of them (and the rest of the team).

Lastly, even though I know they won't game plan like it's the playoffs, I'd like to just see some good coaching and some new schemes and in-game corrections to patch-up the things that are going wrong.

What are you looking for?!
Reply/Quote
You want to be leading when you take the starters out in this.

If we're trailing at halftime or thru 3 quarters, it's a bad sign.

We definitely want to Tackle well and catch and block well. Fundamental football. Barkley will be a test for the defense if they play him.
Reply/Quote
Continued improvement: less penalties, better tackling, better run blocking,etc.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
no Whammys!!!!
Reply/Quote
No false starts, holding penalties, or injuries....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Same as always.

-No major injuries
-Clean up the penalties
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 04:13 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Same as always.

-No major injuries
-Clean up the penalties

This and everything everyone else said lol
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 03:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Week 3 is the dress rehearsal game of the preseason, so what are we looking for?

Obviously, I'm anxious to see how the line holds up and if they can give Andy the time he needs to make plays and if they can open some holes for Joe.

I'd like to see us establish a run game to help out the passing game and see if the line can at least hold some blocks and open some holes for Joe because Joe could be an animal.

With AJ out for a few weeks still (and Ross possibly missing the first game), I'm anxious to see how the younger receivers play and if the offense can still be productive.  Hopefully, the new coaching staff has the receivers playing better and giving us some options.

On defense, obviously the backers will be a main area of focus for me but I'm also just anxious to see how the entire defense is operating and I'd like to see a renewed energy out of them (and the rest of the team).

Lastly, even though I know they won't game plan like it's the playoffs, I'd like to just see some good coaching and some new schemes and in-game corrections to patch-up the things that are going wrong.

What are you looking for?!

Honestly i want to see some better run blocking and i want to see the Linebackers come down hill and tackle the most.

Besides no injuries of course.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 04:10 PM)jason Wrote: No false starts, holding penalties, or injuries....

I wouldn’t be too worried about the holding penalties right now. They are way up league wide. I think it’s a “point of emphasis”.

I definitely want to see the mental penalties cleaned up though.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 04:23 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: I wouldn’t be too worried about the holding penalties right now. They are way up league wide. I think it’s a “point of emphasis”.

I agree, just sucks the refs are messing with players trying to get ready for the regular season.

I don't find it to be good for the game, maybe it is just me.
Reply/Quote
Better tackling,better blocking,and everything just clicking so as to show they really do have this new offense working the way it should.If they can really get this OL working effectively,which I think they will,then this offense might be better than what most people think.Even without A J
Reply/Quote
Staying healthy, Blocking,tackling, and less penalties
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 04:23 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: I wouldn’t be too worried about the holding penalties right now. They are way up league wide. I think it’s a “point of emphasis”.

That's what I hear... I'd like to emphasize that it .Ade the first drive last week borderline unwatchable.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
All good ones. I agree with Bfitz, I'd like to see a stable run game and run blocking.

Cut down on the penalties, and continued improvement from the young wideouts.

On D. I'd like to see them tackle and bring good pressure from a 4 man rush.

Individual players I'll be watching.

THE Michael Jordan

Price (I'm not sold on this foot is still injured spin they are giving us. If he is still injured, then he needs to be on the rehab field and not playing with the 2nd/3rd string).

Pratt and the rest of the lb's.

Dalton

Mixon/Gio

My sleeper Ellis along with the debut of Anderson

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
To those saying no injuries: The question is what you want to see, not what you don't want to see.

I don't want to see a huge sinkhole open up it the middle of the field and all the players, coaches, and fans fall into it; but that should go without saying.

As to what I want to see:

I want our Rookie QB to look better than the second one taken in the draft

I want to see Carl Lawson (lots of hype)

I want to see Williams run the ball consistently instead of tapping out after 1-2 runs

I want to see what we do at LT with Glenn out

I want to see Hopkins at C with Price at Guard
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Giants were a pretty crummy team the last few years, so I want to see some proof that we are the better team. If we are going to look well, it should be against squads like this.

What I'm most looking for in this game is sound tackling and CBs on top of their WRs in the passing game. A few deflected balls would be great, a pick by a 1st team CB would be inspiring.

On O, let's run the ball, set up some play action and not turn the ball over.

I'm more interested in the development of the defense at this stage.
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see the starting offense average 4.0 YPC or better.
I'd like to see some other receiver not named Boyd or Eifert making great catches with the starting offense.
I'd like to see the starters not go down by more than 1 score by the time they are done.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I want to see Finley throw a ball over them mountains.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Cut way down on the penalties especially pre snap.

I want to see the young WR's contributing.

I'd like to see the run game doing a little better, blocking included.

I'd like to see our LBers not get toasted 10X

I'd like to see some more pressure on the opposing QB. A turnover added would be nice.
Reply/Quote
Remaining healthy. Wouldn't be surprised if guys only play one or two series tonight.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote