Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Drew Brees interviews Joe (outstanding discussion)

Reply/Quote
Bumping this. It is 20 plus minutes and I gotta go get some brewskies.Cheers
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 09:44 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Great stuff, thanks!
Reply/Quote
Great interview. Really in depth between the two QBs.
Drew Brees is a great QB and analyst.
Thanks for posting.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
Best line.  .  .  

Drew: Have you always had this level of confidence?

Joe: Uh, Yeah.

Also love that "smoky eye" look on Joe.
Reply/Quote
Most insightful comment was when Joe was talking about actually playing competitive games all year round in different sports instead of practicing one.

Although practice can focus more on improving one skill there is no "pressure" to deal with. You don't get the confidence needed to deal with high pressure situations from practicing anything. You actually have to be in competitive games.

I have seen coaches try to put pressure on kickers in practice by setting penalties for missing and/or rewards for makes. Usually the amount of running the entire team would have to do. But it is still not the same as having a game on the line.
Reply/Quote
He’s a professional and a badass. He’s very level headed while obviously knowing how good he is. I feel like that’s a rare combo for someone as young as he is.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Also loved when Joe said he could just speak out loud in practice when he has an opinion on a play or possible adjustment.

There are a lot of head coaches who would insist a player have those type of conversations in his office. The smart ones always listen to their QBs, but some are concerned about appearances of authority in front of the team.
Reply/Quote
Awesome interview. He's so much more comfortable with Drew than he is in front of a bunch of reporters. He comes off as really intelligent and knowledgeable. I'm so proud he's our QB.
Reply/Quote
Two really intelligent guys who know the craft of playing quarterback as well as anyone.
Reply/Quote
Great interview. I’m pretty sure Burrow has already met Brees before with their Louisiana connection, but it must have been surreal for Joe to sit there and get interviewed by his favorite player (and the reason he wears #9).

I could have listened to those two talk for a lot longer.

Reply/Quote
Part of the reason this is such a great interview was Brees. Way better than not bad for a guy that was hanging them up a year ago. Burrow is so composed.

Did you feel sorry for yourself? "No, no. At this point, it's a job."

That's a pretty mature approach for a then 24 year old.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 04:34 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Part of the reason this is such a great interview was Brees. Way better than not bad for a guy that was hanging them up a year ago. Burrow is so composed.

Did you feel sorry for yourself? "No, no. At this point, it's a job."

That's a pretty mature approach for a then 24 year old.

Reminds me of me.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 10:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Also loved when Joe said he could just speak out loud in practice when he has an opinion on a play or possible adjustment.

There are a lot of head coaches who would insist a player have those type of conversations in his office.  The smart ones always listen to their QBs, but some are concerned about appearances of authority in front of the team.

Yes, He said Zac is smart enough to know, probably because he was a QB, that Joe is the guy that has to make a play work, so it's important to run the play the way Joe is comfortable. I think the whole "no egos in the locker room" also extends to our coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 11:13 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Awesome interview. He's so much more comfortable with Drew than he is in front of a bunch of reporters. He comes off as really intelligent and knowledgeable. I'm so proud he's our QB.

I agree. Also thought Brees got some "flashbacks" from his own career when he interviewed Burrow (got the feeling that he enjoyed interviewing Burrow).

Otherwise, I think that Burrow appears as a thoughtful and mature young man in this interview. No matter what happens on Sunday, so can it be very, very exciting 10-15 years..
Reply/Quote
would like to see Brees on some Manning cast this coming season (if he already did one i missed it)
Reply/Quote
This interview is so much easier to watch than all the forced interviews with talking heads asking the same questions over and over and over.

Thanks for sharing.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
That's my QB
Reply/Quote
That was an awesome interview. Brees did an amazing job and it was cool to hear some things from Joe that aren't the standard interview list. Loved it. Thanks for sharing!
Reply/Quote
Didn't get to watch this last night. Just watched it. Best interview I have seen of Joe, great job by Drew. Was just a very
comfortable interview and Joe said much of what I expected. The thing that stood out to me was just the honesty about
everything that him and the team as a whole have went throught. I love how Zac has made Joe so comfortable and gave
him the reigns of the Offense to pick the type of Offense that he wants. Haven't heard Joe really just come out and say
this before and it is extremely refreshing.

All I know is Joe really likes those empty sets, but this game is not a time for them too often. We will be needing a RB
back there with him to chip and we will be needing Uzo, Sample or Wilcox to be helping on the edge as well.

Maybe some end arounds with Chase can soften up the D as well as Screens, Slants, RB and TE dump offs etc.

I like that Joe said he thinks the team will have a great plan for Donald, Miller and Floyd.

Gives me the ultimate confidence. Couldn't get a better young QB to have on my favorite team. LETS GO!!! Rock On

Thanks Holic. Wink
Reply/Quote