Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drew Ott
I wouldn't mind seeing us take a late round flyer on this kid.  Was easily the best player on the field in the beginning of the season last year.  Watching the Iowa-Wisconsin game last year was a defensive beauty and Ott and that Shombert kid from Wisconsin were the biggest reasons why.  Why the NCAA waited this long to let everyone know their decision is downright criminal.   Just goes to show the NCAA is nothing more than a farce and needs to be completely over hauled. 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15196015/iowa-drew-ott-head-nfl-draft-ncaa-denies-appeal

[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 03:31 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I wouldn't mind seeing us take a late round flyer on this kid.  Was easily the best player on the field in the beginning of the season last year.  Watching the Iowa-Wisconsin game last year was a defensive beauty and Ott and that Shombert kid from Wisconsin were the biggest reasons why.  Why the NCAA waited this long to let everyone know their decision is downright criminal.   Just goes to show the NCAA is nothing more than a farce and needs to be completely over hauled. 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15196015/iowa-drew-ott-head-nfl-draft-ncaa-denies-appeal

He'll likely be off a lot of team's radars since it's just two weeks (to the day!) for the draft to start.

Something of note is that while Ott only had 15.5 sacks the past three seasons, Ott had at least one sack (5 total) in every game he played in 2015 (4), so he was on pace for double digits by the end of the season had it not been for his ACL injury.

Ott would be a good pickup, but I would hope he's not the first DE taken by the Bengals, as they would need more immediate help and can't rely on Hunt or Clarke.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote