Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Drew Sample is a Bum
(10-10-2021, 07:45 PM)Tony Wrote: There is no way the toast man can spin this any other way, is there?

"Drew Sample is one of only 5 AFC tight ends to be drafted in the 2nd round and have a catch against 5 different teams while it's snowing in South Dakota".
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 06:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m sure I’ll get flammed for bumping this thread, and gets lots of “hE’s nOT ThE rEAsON wE loST!!!” replies, which is true, but damn if this dude doesn’t have some of the goofiest plays. I remember one last year where he tripped over his own feet trying to make a simple sideline catch, and today’s was even worse. There was a ton of open field if he just simply runs like a normal human being.

Here's the thing.

We rarely get to see this guy catch a pass and when he does he looks like crap.

So yeah it really doesn't say much for the game itself, but it speaks volumes about the lack of talent Drew has thus far as a Bengal.

Can he block?  I guess.  Does he bring anything else to the table?  No.  No, he does not.

Why not get someone in here who can not only block but add something else to offense?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:47 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Yes, Sample TE was a bad pick.  But it is not the reason why Bengals lost against the Packers.

This has not been implied.  So why say it?
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:34 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Which isn’t a bad idea at all

But turns out Sample plays like a cow getting tipped over

His lack of athleticism is quite disturbing.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This was such a roller coaster game for Zac.

I thought the play calling on the drive that tied it up was masterful. It's like he read me complain about not getting others involved in the GameDay thread, then suddenly he was running Mixon and Perine, and hitting Boyd and Higgins finally.

But you also had -2 yards in the 2nd quarter and the conservative play calling leading up to the one FG, where he just gave up and ran it a couple times. And Sample is the one guy we really don't WANT to involve.

Some stuff I can give him a pass for because Mixon obviously wasn't 100% and our RB depth isn't good.

However, when involving guys who are your 6th, 7th, 8th options, the situation is important.  You want to sneak them in situations where the D is going to be keying on your top threats.  That usually means 3rd downs.  The targets to Sample were on 1st and 10, when the D is going to play honest.  

The first pick was the same thing.  1st and 10, he runs the heavy package out there, splits Prince out wide left trying to sell the D on a screen or flat to the left and runs a flood to the right.  Problem is, your skill guys are Perrine, Tate, Sample, and Uzi.  No defense is going to respect that set of skill players enough to cheat in 1st and 10.  Now, in a 3rd and short, it's a different story, especially if you sell it by putting Mixon in the game.  D stays home and Burrow forces a bad throw instead giving up on it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:12 PM)Whatever Wrote: Some stuff I can give him a pass for because Mixon obviously wasn't 100% and our RB depth isn't good.

However, when involving guys who are your 6th, 7th, 8th options, the situation is important.  You want to sneak them in situations where the D is going to be keying on your top threats.  That usually means 3rd downs.  The targets to Sample were on 1st and 10, when the D is going to play honest.  

The first pick was the same thing.  1st and 10, he runs the heavy package out there, splits Prince out wide left trying to sell the D on a screen or flat to the left and runs a flood to the right.  Problem is, your skill guys are Perrine, Tate, Sample, and Uzi.  No defense is going to respect that set of skill players enough to cheat in 1st and 10.  Now, in a 3rd and short, it's a different story, especially if you sell it by putting Mixon in the game.  D stays home and Burrow forces a bad throw instead giving up on it.

Any play to Sample rn is being cheeky and certainly not putting the ball in the hands of a playmaker, and it's tough to forgive that when we have roughly 6 guys capable of making plays. Perine had himself a game today...when we actually ran the football. Gotta adjust on the fly to account for this.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:53 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: This has not been implied.  So why say it?

Because some are pointing out his performance today against the Packers.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Unfortunately I just rewatched the game , I paid close attention to Sample . There's no one damn positive thing this guy did during the game. 2 drops n a catch where he fell like he got hit by a 12 gauge shotgun. There's in no way in he'll our 2nd TE is this bad where we can't improve by signing anyone off a practice squad.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 11:32 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Unfortunately I just rewatched the game   , I paid close attention to Sample .  There's no one damn positive thing this guy did during the game.   2 drops n a catch where he fell like he got hit by a 12 gauge shotgun.    There's in no way in he'll our 2nd TE is this bad where we can't improve by signing anyone off a practice squad.

Just Bring Moss up... Cut Sample. We have seen enough..Dude is a straight dumpster fire. It was a miss. Time to move on...
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:30 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Because some are pointing out his performance today against the Packers.  

Ya, that was the point of bumping it. Did you watch the game? He was frigging horrendous out there... 
Reply/Quote
Chase Coffman thinks Sample was a bad pick
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 01:26 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Chase Coffman thinks Sample was a bad pick

That left a mark…

I will never forget Jonathan Hayes being completely and utterly done with Coffman on Hard Knocks lol.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 01:26 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Chase Coffman thinks Sample was a bad pick

But what does Shawn Brewer think about him?
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:32 PM)Whatever Wrote: This just honest felt like the coach getting too cute.  Zac was likely figuring GB would key on Uzi after his monster game last week, so he tried to catch them sleeping with Sample.  

He seems to do that a lot. 

Over thinker. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 01:21 AM)Tony Wrote: Ya, that was the point of bumping it. Did you watch the game? He was frigging horrendous out there... 

Yes, it was pretty bad.  That TE from Bama is looking good!  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 01:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That left a mark…

I will never forget Jonathan Hayes being completely and utterly done with Coffman on Hard Knocks lol.

Saw Hayes at a highschool football game Saturday. Get a base chase 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 01:31 AM)Whatever Wrote: But what does Shawn Brewer think about him?

Sean thinks Sample is all smoke & mirrors.

Says he needs to drop the mirrors and stick to just smoke.
Reply/Quote