Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On to Portsmouth; I Mean Detroit
(10-10-2021, 10:31 PM)Au165 Wrote: They aren’t even in the same stadium.

Had injuries in the new stadium as well as the old. 

Haven't been in Det since 2013 but in that game Leon Hall ruptured his Achilles and was never the same player after.  Also in that game in 2013 a guy named Riley Reiff (yes that Reiff) got injured while playing on the OL for the Lions. 

Also played there in the 2005 season. In that game T.J. hurt his ankle and that injury lingered into the Wild Card game against Pitt where he caught 4 passes for only 25 yards on 11 targets.

Doesn't matter the stadium or the playing surface, that road game has altered seasons multiple times for a place the Bengals play so rarely.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 10:29 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I would bet money they are NOT playing on the same surface that Ki-Jana Carter played on.

It's the same surface Kenny Irons played on.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 10:32 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I know, but it is just the stigma of playing in Det in general. Been lots of players lost there.

That's true.  To this very day you can see ghostly Bengal apparitions still wandering the streets of Pontiac.  They even say on a quiet evening, if you listen closely, you can hear the haunting strains of Wayne Fontes out-coaching Dave Shula.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 11:10 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: It's the same surface Kenny Irons played on.

I've been looking and Ford Field opened in 2002. The first field turf lasted for 11 seasons. The next one for 6 and they are now on their 3rd version of Field Turf.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2019/05/09/ford-field-new-turf-detroit-lions/1155014001/

But Irons is just another example of guys who played at Det and had their career changed from an injury there. It's just weird to play there so rarely yet have multiple important players and top draft picks get ruined. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
First of all, not one single team that has ZERO wins (5 freaking games in) could ever view any game as a trap game. 

Second, there's no such thing as a trap game when you're come off a loss. 

Freaking football 101. Come on!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote