Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driskel-broken fingers
2 broken fingers, no surgery required. Thumb and index finger. Likely back into play for the 53 roster because if they placed him on IR now he would not be eligible to return later in the season.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 02:02 PM)pally Wrote: 2 broken fingers, no surgery required.  He said fingers not thumb so that is good news.  His index and middle fingers were taped to each other in the pictures so it is likely those 2.  Likely back into play for the 53 roster because if they placed him on IR now he would not be eligible to return later in the season.

You can now bring back two players from IR after 8 weeks of being on IR.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 02:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You can now bring back two players from IR after 8 weeks of being on IR.

They have to make th 53 first though.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 02:13 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: They have to make th 53 first though.

Ahh didn't realize that.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 02:13 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: They have to make th 53 first though.

Who is going to grab a QB with broken fingers and use a 53 man roster spot on them?

I don't think teams want to grab an opposing player, cut someone, then bring them back and IR them.

I think he will stay on our roster. I also think there is some type of unwritten rules team follow not grabbing up injured guys who can't pass a physical.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 02:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Ahh didn't realize that.

No problem; I only learned this last week, myself; maybe I already knew it, but it slipped my mind!

(09-01-2017, 02:45 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Who is going to grab a QB with broken fingers and use a 53 man roster spot on them?

I don't think teams want to grab an opposing player, cut someone, then bring them back and IR them.

I think he will stay on our roster. I also think there is some type of unwritten rules team follow not grabbing up injured guys who can't pass a physical.

Oh no, Luvnit; if we want to use IR-Recall, we need to place the guy on our 53 first, THEN we can IR him.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
It's his thumb and index finger.
Updates on Ross, Driskel, Uzomah and Schreck here.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/09/01/bengals-john-ross-has-sprained-knee-jeff-driskel-broken-fingers/625569001/
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote