Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driskel rest of way!?
While I understand everyone's frustration and Andy is always the scapegoat, we need to think more logically and less emotionally. While not a top tier QB, Dalton is good. If he is able to play, you have to start him. Benching him for Driskel hurts potential trade value.

I'm not opposed to moving on from Dalton. I'm not opposed to letting Driskel run the show until we find the QB of the future. However, you negatively impact your potential return by benching Dalton for Driskel. If the team decided they wanted to part ways with Andy and tried to trade him, the other team(s) can always use that in negotiations. "You benched him for a back up" does not help boost value.

I understand that Andy can be cut with little cap implications, but he's a good QB who is under control for 2 more seasons on an affordable contract. There is value in that. We could get something in return as opposed to just cutting him and moving on. So starting Driskel the rest of the way if Dalton is able to play is not in the best interest of the team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If Andy misses any time I think there's a former SF QB we should bring in.

I really hope youre kidding.  No way we need that extra baggage that he would bring with him.  He hasnt played in two years and wasnt very good the last couple years he did play.  Ill take a hard pass on that
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:31 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: I really hope youre kidding.  No way we need that extra baggage that he would bring with him.  He hasnt played in two years and wasnt very good the last couple years he did play.  Ill take a hard pass on that

Agreed.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:12 PM)Au165 Wrote: Driskel had two pick sixes dropped, people need to relax. Throw in the fact a couple crazy acrobatic catches had to bail him out a few other times. He is a decent back up but what we really learned was that tempo offenses are much more successful at attacking that defense.

Side note I’m not opposed to moving on from Dalton, but Driskel isn’t the answer at all.

The devils advocate in me says that I would like to see what Driskel can do with full time reps in practice with the first team. While also the coaching adjusts to game planning with him and his skillset.

Overall I thought he did a good job considering he runs scout team offense.

That said based on the percentage of backup QBs that become the next Brady and Warners of the world, I doubt he is the answer. But if Dalton is out for some time, at least it's something to keep me interested.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote