Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Driskel should be starter next year
(12-30-2018, 09:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We can probably put it with the Auden Tate threads.

Haha. A few preseason catches and he'll be back in the headlines on here.
Reply/Quote
Week in and week out I come in here just to LOL st some people in here.

Reply/Quote
Someone please end this thread. We’ve seen enough of Jeff Driskel.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 09:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I could see the Bengals taking a guy like Will Grier in the 3rd Round and having him be the backup for a couple years and seeing how he develops.

..... wouldn't be a bad option. I'd like to get Trevor Lawrence if he continues his trajectory.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I would have been helpful if the OC would have realized that Driskel is better with his feet than his arm.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: ..... wouldn't be a bad option. I'd like to get Trevor Lawrence if he continues his trajectory.

He's got a couple more years left atleast right?

I'd work on getting a Tackle in the 1st Round, then a LB or Guard in the 2nd Round...then maybe a QB that we can develop in the 3rd depending on how it shakes out. If there's a run of QB's before us...then that goes out the window.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:14 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Someone please end this thread.  We’ve seen enough of Jeff Driskel.

..... apparently all we need to do is completely revamp our personnel and offensive scheme and it'll be SOUPEW BOWZ!  Nevermind the lack of touch on short throws and the abysmal accuracy. 

Shit, what do I know? I'm just an illiterate hillbilly. Apparently I'm blind too. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:18 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: ..... apparently all we need to do is completely revamp our personnel and offensive scheme and it'll be SOUPEW BOWZ!  Nevermind the lack of touch on short throws and the abysmal accuracy. 

Shit, what do I know? I'm just an illiterate hillbilly. Apparently I'm blind too. Mellow

...and since English is my third language it’s assumed I’m just as ignorant.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:18 PM)Wyche Wrote: ..... apparently all we need to do is completely revamp our personnel and offensive scheme and it'll be SOUPEW BOWZ!  Nevermind the lack of touch on short throws and the abysmal accuracy. 

I like the we're 1 or 2 players away camp that tries to tell me how good John Ross is because he has a lot of TD's.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He's got a couple more years left atleast right?

I'd work on getting a Tackle in the 1st Round, then a LB or Guard in the 2nd Round...then maybe a QB that we can develop in the 3rd depending on how it shakes out. If there's a run of QB's before us...then that goes out the window.

Yes. True freshman. I like this plan....and if Grier doesn't work out, you go after Lawrence. I'd still like Lawrence...trade Dalton or cut him, start Driskel, we're sure to be in position to draft high in a couple of years.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I like the we're 1 or 2 players away camp that tries to tell me how good John Ross is because he has a lot of TD's.

Yep....dropped a couple more today, although one was a bad throw. I DID, however, see him finally jump up and fight for a contested ball. It was a shit throw, and he made a good adjustment on it and broke up the INT.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:20 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...and since English is my third language it’s assumed I’m just as ignorant.

Yep....you idiot. Ninja

LMAO 

Reply/Quote
Driskell is not an NFL starting QB.
Reply/Quote
I think what fans should ask themselves is IF Dalton was drafted by Green Bay and Rodgers was drafted by the Bengals, how would their careers have went?

Or Roethlisberger a Bengal?

Would our coaching have developed those guys into HOF players?
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I would have been helpful if the OC would have realized that Driskel is better with his feet than his arm.

Hey Marvin realized he needed to bench Redmond.  :andy:  With 30 minutes left in the season. Give this coaching staff a chance.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 11:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think what fans should ask themselves is IF Dalton was drafted by Green Bay and Rodgers was drafted by the Bengals, how would their careers have went?

It depends on if you think Carson Palmer was a can't miss QB or not.  For what it's worth, Mike Brown had drafted Dalton, Palmer, Akili Smith, and David Klingler high enough to hold it against him if they didn't pan out as a legit starting QB.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 11:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think what fans should ask themselves is IF Dalton was drafted by Green Bay and Rodgers was drafted by the Bengals, how would their careers have went?

Rodgers and Roethlisberger would have been great pretty much anywhere. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Dalton would be backing up a good QB and the Bengals would have a couple playoff wins. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:37 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Dalton would be backing up a good QB and the Bengals would have a couple playoff wins. 

So instead of taking Palmer in 2003 we trade with the Bears who take Palmer and plug him into a system that made the playoffs with Jim Miller (and later a SB with Rex Grossman) and we get our QB in 2004 with Pig Ben, who is good but takes a media beatdown when he starts getting grabby with women.

That's an interesting alternate reality, I'll admit.
Reply/Quote