Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is "White Privledge"?
(03-07-2016, 11:07 PM)Vlad Wrote: Hey Fred,

Dino and Alphabets are so obsessed with StLucie, they must have overlooked you not posting a link.
Please provide the numbers for these two.

Well enough about me.

But in all seriousness I was merely pointing out that when asked for some sort of proof SN declared the other poster should find it themselves.  Lucy is the one who jumped into the fray with his defense of not requiring proof but rather having to prove something is false.  Which is wrong.

No one asked Fred to do so.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
So I've learned from the last couple of pages, that if I make a statement or claim, and you ask me where I got that information.  I can simply reply with the childish argument "that's for me to know and you to find out...neener neener neener!"

sweet, I'm gonna win every argument. Mellow
(03-08-2016, 12:23 AM)GMDino Wrote: Well enough about me.

But in all seriousness I was merely pointing out that when asked for some sort of proof SN declared the other poster should find it themselves.  Lucy is the one who jumped into the fray with his defense of not requiring proof but rather having to prove something is false.  Which is wrong.

No one asked Fred to do so.

Why not ask Fred to prove himself?  Notice I haven't requested Fred to do this, since the information is actually available, a quick google search is all that I would need to do to find Fred's studies.  Of course I don't agree with his analysis of the studies and I also have some issues with how the studies are conducted and a few other things that I find dubious, however, I don't go on and on about him having to provide the studies.

My stance is basic behavioral science.  Feel free to look it up.  What a person is told will have influence over what they perceive.  The situation that I provided is a made up scenario, however the purpose of the scenario was to illustrate how a person will interpret a situation based off of what he is told or even not told.

If you tell a beautiful woman that she is ugly over and over, then she will perceive herself to be ugly.  If you tell someone they are a victim over and over, they will perceive themselves as a victim. 

However if you tell an ugly woman that she is beautiful over and over, then she will perceive herself to be beautiful.  If you tell someone that they aren't a victim over and over, then they will overcome their adversity.

So if a black child is told by his parents, schools, society and media over and over that he will be followed around in stores, then he will always notice the times that he is followed around vs the times he isn't.  He could go into 10, 100 or 1000 stores and not be followed in a single one.  However if he goes into that 11, 101 or 1001 store and is followed, then that automatically validates what was told to him his entire life.  What he was told is has now been proven in his perspective.

This isn't just a black community thing either.  Any person or group of people can be used.

So no, I don't have to provide links to support this stance.  The information on this is out there, feel free to look it up.
(03-07-2016, 11:07 PM)Vlad Wrote: Hey Fred,

Dino and Alphabets are so obsessed with StLucie, they must have overlooked you not posting a link.
Please provide the numbers for these two.

Well Vlad, I asked SN for the info which would support the conjecture he mistakenly believes is a hypothesis.  I wouldn't need to say a peep to Lucy, and to you for that matter, if either of you hadn't interjected.  Fred's information would refute what SN claims to be true.  Why would I ask Fred for information to prove SN's claims?  The obvious answer is I wouldn't ask Fred to prove SN's claim anymore than I would ask you to prove SN's claim because that would be moronic.  I hope that cleared up your confusion.
(03-08-2016, 02:21 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Why not ask Fred to prove himself?  Notice I haven't requested Fred to do this, since the information is actually available, a quick google search is all that I would need to do to find Fred's studies.  Of course I don't agree with his analysis of the studies and I also have some issues with how the studies are conducted and a few other things that I find dubious, however, I don't go on and on about him having to provide the studies.

My stance is basic behavioral science.  Feel free to look it up.  What a person is told will have influence over what they perceive.  The situation that I provided is a made up scenario, however the purpose of the scenario was to illustrate how a person will interpret a situation based off of what he is told or even not told.

If you tell a beautiful woman that she is ugly over and over, then she will perceive herself to be ugly.  If you tell someone they are a victim over and over, they will perceive themselves as a victim. 

However if you tell an ugly woman that she is beautiful over and over, then she will perceive herself to be beautiful.  If you tell someone that they aren't a victim over and over, then they will overcome their adversity.

So if a black child is told by his parents, schools, society and media over and over that he will be followed around in stores, then he will always notice the times that he is followed around vs the times he isn't.  He could go into 10, 100 or 1000 stores and not be followed in a single one.  However if he goes into that 11, 101 or 1001 store and is followed, then that automatically validates what was told to him his entire life.  What he was told is has now been proven in his perspective.

This isn't just a black community thing either.  Any person or group of people can be used.

So no, I don't have to provide links to support this stance.  The information on this is out there, feel free to look it up.

I know the scenario is fiction.  That's why I would like to see the evidence you used to make up an admittedly "made up" scenario.

Hypothetically, you believe all of this because of your "white supremacist"* perspective.  According to you, Lucy, and apparently Vlad; I don't need to prove you're a "white supremacist,"* you need to prove you're not.  There is plenty of behavioral science evidence that suggests "white supremacists"* are influenced by what they have been told by parents, peers, YouTube videos, online Aryan news articles, etc.  Shouldn't take you long to look it up.

"So if a black child is told by his parents" is an example of your perspective based upon your autodidatic curriculum.  You don't have a clue what black parents are telling their children.

*"Now I'm not supposed to call you ______, anymore, so I won't do that."  Those are "scare" quotes.  Look it up.
(03-07-2016, 10:40 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You didn't prove my claim wrong. You just denied my claim was the truth. There is a difference. My claim stands until you provide evidence it isn't true, at least by your logic. 

There is zero documentarion showing i have never been accused of such things. Now it's on you to come up with some.

You are using a bad comparasoon to the original example.
(03-08-2016, 07:32 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There is zero documentarion showing i have never been accused of such things.

It's your job to prove it.  So far you haven't.

Quote:Now it's on you to come up with some.  

You're asking me to prove something.  You already told me I don't need to prove anything. Additionally, I don't need to prove you told me I don't need to prove it. You do.
(03-08-2016, 02:21 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Why not ask Fred to prove himself?  Notice I haven't requested Fred to do this, since the information is actually available, a quick google search is all that I would need to do to find Fred's studies.  Of course I don't agree with his analysis of the studies and I also have some issues with how the studies are conducted and a few other things that I find dubious, however, I don't go on and on about him having to provide the studies.

I didn't even ask you to...I was commenting that it is up to the person making the claim to provide the proof.

If you have the studies share them.  That is all.
(03-08-2016, 07:32 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There is zero documentarion showing i have never been accused of such things.  Now it's on you to come up with some.  

Sure there is.

(03-07-2016, 08:34 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I gave SN a lesson on the scientific method, now I'll give you a lesson in basic logic. 

You're a child molester. 

According to your logic I don't need to prove my claim.  On the contrary, you need to prove my claim wrong. 

And based on the logic in this thread from your posts he does not need to prove that.  You need to provide proof that it is false.

(03-07-2016, 05:00 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If you don't like what he says then you do the work and refute.  The burden is on you to prove him wrong.   Not for him to prove himself correct.

It's easy to sit back call everyone else's ideas wrong.   Especially when you do zero work to prove them incorrect.

(03-07-2016, 05:22 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Nevertheless ....  The burden is still on the one who accuses the person of being incorrect.

(03-07-2016, 06:14 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Couldn't you find studies or info to back up your position?

(03-07-2016, 07:10 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I personally don't care about whatever you two are going on about.   I was merely pointing out that it's easy to sit back and shoot everything down without ever proving anything yourself.   Irk Maybe he doesn't want to take the long road of explaining something for you to just post a fat jeremy piven meme and basically wasting his time.
Now do you see how wrong that line of thought is?