Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driving pet peeves
Another peeve, a person slows way down about half a mile from a red light making you miss the left hand turn lane light....
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 06:35 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: When I was taught to drive in Ohio my drivers ed teacher taught me when waiting to turn left at an intersection, pull into the intersection and when the light changes go.  People here in NC don't do that.  They stay behind the stop line unless there is no traffic coming the other way.  When the light changes they don't go.

There is also a road near me that I have to use to go from my house to 90% of the nearby businesses.  The speed limit is clearly marked as 45.  90% of people drive that road 35.

I live in Wiston-Salem (NC) and there is an unprotected green I have to turn left at to get home everyday. You have to run the red or you're not getting through. Most of the time only 1 car gets through every light cycle (if they run the red). Drives me crazy. 

I'm from MD so I'm used to terrible traffic and aggressive drivers. I hate driving in NC so much more. People don't want to use the gas pedal on their cars down here. 99% of the drivers drive like they're out for a leisurely Sunday drive in the country. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Potholes. Makes me spill my beer every time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote