Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driving pet peeves
Having to come to a complete stop for someone turning right into a parking lot.

Sent from my LG-Q710PL using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 07:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: People who think they're in a phone booth instead of a car

***** this right here.  I make a point to honk or tell people to get of their phone.  When Im on my bike I'll go up next to people and knock on their windows at just the right time, scare the shit out of them then tear off in front of them.  A couple of times ive almost gotten ridden off the road by asshats on their phones.  When Im almost injured, i make a point to kick the shit out of their car as I speed by them.  I will ***** throw down right ***** now ************!  PULL OVER! PULL THE **** OVER!

I should really be given the authority to revoke peoples licenses.  the world would be a better place and my commute much shorter.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
For me, it's the "divers". The ones who are in the left lane, driving distracted and slow down to focus on their phone. When they look up and see annoyed people behind them, they quickly "dive" to the right, and floor it. I'm guessing they do that so they don't get as many "you dumbass" looks from the annoyed drivers..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 03:09 PM)McC Wrote: Irritating as hell. 

There's a place in Cincy on I 275 that the left lane exits onto I 74 E.  This is a pretty main access to the west side of town.  People will get in this lane and ride it under the speed limit for miles.

In fact, I used to work with a guy along time ago and we would alternate driving weeks.  I used to dread his turn to drive.  For one thing, he was grandma slow.  But the biggest thing was, he would get in that left lane twenty miles from 74 and ride is at 50 the whole way there.  We got flipped off so much that I practically developed self esteem issues.  Since the flippers were flying by on our right, all the birds pointed right at me.  Amazing how  able to shrink down in the seat of an S 10 I got.  After about a year, I finally said screw it and did all the driving myself.

You and self esteem issues, seem to me shouldn't be in the same sentence...Lol
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 03:18 PM)McC Wrote: I had been thinking for awhile now about starting a thread about What kind of driver are you?

My better half is one of the sweetest, most reasonable, compassionate and courteous people I have ever known....

Until she gets behind the wheel.  The way she drives is the polar opposite of the way she lives.  It never fails to amaze me.

We were having dinner with a couple we know one time and the guy asked us each what kind of driver are you?  My wife says, I'm an aggressive driver.  I laughed and said, translation, lead foot tailgater, which is the God's honest truth.  She stomped on my foot so hard under the table that I limped for a week.

I guess the key to her gentleness is getting all her aggression out on strangers on the roads.  I do everything possible to not ride with her.

I'll put it this way, when I get on the road, I am going somewhere. If you drive a Prius or a Subaru Outback, you're getting pushed in the ditch... 
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 04:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: For me, it's the "divers".  The ones who are in the left lane, driving distracted and slow down to focus on their phone.  When they look up and see annoyed people behind them, they quickly "dive" to the right, and floor it.  I'm guessing they do that so they don't get as many "you dumbass" looks from the annoyed drivers..

I am teaching my youngest to drive and he mastered the constant pressure on the gas... He hits the speed limit and next thing you know he's doing 5-10 under..... Drives me nuts  I gotta tell him to speed up and then again he slow downs... Tongue
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 09:50 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I am teaching my youngest to drive and he mastered the constant pressure on the gas... He hits the speed limit and next thing you know he's doing 5-10 under..... Drives me nuts  I gotta tell him to speed up and then again he slow downs... Tongue

Well, around here, it's distracted driving..  I drive a truck that sits up a bit.  I can see them looking down, fumbling with the phone.  These are the same type of a-holes that will speed through parking lots, in tiny little cars, and park all stupid sideways.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 03:18 PM)McC Wrote: I had been thinking for awhile now about starting a thread about What kind of driver are you?

My better half is one of the sweetest, most reasonable, compassionate and courteous people I have ever known....

Until she gets behind the wheel.  The way she drives is the polar opposite of the way she lives.  It never fails to amaze me.

We were having dinner with a couple we know one time and the guy asked us each what kind of driver are you?  My wife says, I'm an aggressive driver.  I laughed and said, translation, lead foot tailgater, which is the God's honest truth.  She stomped on my foot so hard under the table that I limped for a week.

I guess the key to her gentleness is getting all her aggression out on strangers on the roads.  I do everything possible to not ride with her.

That's me as well.  I'm normally pretty laid back.  But something about a steering wheel and an accelerator turns me into a type A personality.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 10:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, around here, it's distracted driving..  I drive a truck that sits up a bit.  I can see them looking down, fumbling with the phone.  These are the same type of a-holes that will speed through parking lots, in tiny little cars, and park all stupid sideways.

I actually saw a dude with a book propped on his steering wheel on I-75 a year or so ago.  I made sure I got WAY ahead of him.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 10:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, around here, it's distracted driving..  I drive a truck that sits up a bit.  I can see them looking down, fumbling with the phone.  These are the same type of a-holes that will speed through parking lots, in tiny little cars, and park all stupid sideways.

I haven't lift my new F350 yet, but that is on my schedule for this summer.  Seeing as I'm 5"11" I can't decide on the height I want to get. My F150 I had before the timing chain and cams got jacked up was a 4" lift. I didn't have steps and I wore a hole in my seat from getting in and out. This time I decided to get the steps that fold out when the door opens. I've been looking at get some meaty tires also, nothing worse than low profiles on a full size truck...
Reply/Quote
People who yield the right of way while in a rotary.

Rotaries in general. Great idea, but most people prove too stupid.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 03:33 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Wavers in general for me. I get that sometimes it is well intentioned, but it can also be dangerous as hell.

A close second is people who don't understand zipper merging.

I understand if someone tries to sneak in on a merge but when it's more two then you are just an asshat.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Why is it never NOT rush hour? People drive like they're volunteer firemen or emergency surgeons who just got the call no matter the time or the day. Mind boggling.

Also, tailgating. I got whiplash from a tailgater twenty five years ago and haven't had a decent night's sleep since. Can't turn my neck more that forty five degrees to the right and never will again. A lady on her way to church with her kids drilled me on a Sunday morning.

Riding on my ass will never make the guy in front of me go any faster.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2019, 11:30 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I haven't lift my new F350 yet, but that is on my schedule for this summer.  Seeing as I'm 5"11" I can't decide on the height I want to get. My F150 I had before the timing chain and cams got jacked up was a 4" lift. I didn't have steps and I wore a hole in my seat from getting in and out. This time I decided to get the steps that fold out when the door opens. I've been looking at get some meaty tires also, nothing worse than low profiles on a full size truck...

Overcompensation.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 12:44 PM)McC Wrote: .

Riding on my ass will never make the guy in front of me go any faster.

That's what I hate. You're on the interstate (or wherever) and the guy in front of you is going whatever he's going. You can't get around him, but the guy behind you decides to ride your bumper just because.
Reply/Quote
If I pass a person who has miles of traffic backed up behind them and nothing but open road in front of them with a cell phone in hand swerving all over and hitting the god damn breaks for no reason.. My blood boils
Reply/Quote
Both the street I live on and the entrance to the parking lot of the nearest strip mall are currently unlined. There is plenty of room for 3 lines of traffic at either one, one to turn right going out, one to turn left going out, and one to turn in. Yet consistently people turning left will pull up all the way on the right side not allowing room for people turning right to get out.

Drives me bonkers.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 02:35 PM)Beaker Wrote: Overcompensation.

[Image: truck-balls-dt.jpg]
Reply/Quote
One more. People who are still going 45 mph when they get to the end of the on ramp. You need to be up to speed by then. That's why it's also called an acceleration lane.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2019, 06:25 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: One more.  People who are still going 45 mph when they get to the end of the on ramp.  You need to be up to speed by then.  That's why it's also called an acceleration lane.

Hate that too!!
Reply/Quote