Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dru Chrisman-Door Dash Delivery
Dru has been making Door Dash deliveries by bike which is one way to keep a punter's legs in shape during the off season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2023, 05:30 PM)pally Wrote: Dru has been making Door Dash deliveries (by bike)

Hey, if these guys don’t make the 53 they need a backup lol

Hope he makes it somewhere tho. He’s a decent punter it’s just the skill he’s bad at is the one skill you need your punter to be good at in the playoffs.

If he gets a better punt in that game maybe Pat has to successfully complete 1-2 more plays before they get in FG range and maybe on those plays we stop him.

I refuse to judge a guys whole career off one punt but Drue is a victim of the kicker bias. Kickers get thrown away sometimes for missing just a few kicks and it’s not fair but it is what it is.

We needed that hang time in that game and he couldn’t give it. He lacked on hang time all year it’s just every game wasn’t the AFCCG so no one really cared.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2023, 05:33 PM)Housh Wrote: Hey, if these guys don’t make the 53 they need a backup lol

Hope he makes it somewhere tho. He’s a decent punter it’s just the skill he’s bad at is the one skill you need your punter to be good at in the playoffs.

If he gets a better punt in that game maybe Pat has to successfully complete 1-2 more plays before they get in FG range and maybe on those plays we stop him.

I refuse to judge a guys whole career off one punt but Drue is a victim of the kicker bias. Kickers get thrown away sometimes for missing just a few kicks and it’s not fair but it is what it is.

We needed that hang time in that game and he couldn’t give it. He lacked on hang time all year it’s just every game wasn’t the AFCCG so no one really cared.

and we don't know how much he has improved over the off season wither.  

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2023, 05:33 PM)Housh Wrote: Hey, if these guys don’t make the 53 they need a backup lol

Wow, Housh with a VERY nuanced and reasonable take! :o

I commend you for a great post, well done ThumbsUp
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
It just me or does his nose look crooked?
Reply/Quote
Pretty sure an NFL paycheck is sufficient enough that they don't actually have to work off the clock or perhaps he's just terrible at managing his own money.  Still somewhat risky business to be bicycling around town with cash, but at least it doesn't appear to be in the worst part of town anyway. I used to deliver pizzas around the Salem Avenue area of Dayton. More than once I was pretty sure I was being setup for a robbery, but I wasn't cranking the peddles up and down all those hills either. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2023, 09:50 AM)grampahol Wrote: Pretty sure an NFL paycheck is sufficient enough that they don't actually have to work off the clock or perhaps he's just terrible at managing his own money.  Still somewhat risky business to be bicycling around town with cash, but at least it doesn't appear to be in the worst part of town anyway. I used to deliver pizzas around the Salem Avenue area of Dayton. More than once I was pretty sure I was being setup for a robbery, but I wasn't cranking the peddles up and down all those hills either. 

He's been a practice squad guy his entire career until they made the change last year.  Besides, inflation has caused many to get a side gig.  Ninja 

This way he gets PAID for the workout!

EDIT:  Que the "Mike Brown's so cheap" jokes:

Mike Brown's so cheap your workout bonus comes from delivering for Door Dash!
Reply/Quote
“I am calling to complain about a recent order. The service was prompt enough but I specifically requested the order to be placed on my doorstep and instead was left in the middle of my driveway.”
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2023, 09:50 AM)grampahol Wrote: Pretty sure an NFL paycheck is sufficient enough that they don't actually have to work off the clock or perhaps he's just terrible at managing his own money.  Still somewhat risky business to be bicycling around town with cash, but at least it doesn't appear to be in the worst part of town anyway. I used to deliver pizzas around the Salem Avenue area of Dayton. More than once I was pretty sure I was being setup for a robbery, but I wasn't cranking the peddles up and down all those hills either. 

Even if we be generous and say he made a million last year(Think he made closer to 750k) after taxes that’s still around 600-700k.

He’s a young guy so you have to account that he’ll blow SOME of that on BS. But as long as he isn’t going CRAZY i don’t see how he would NEED to DoorDash. Even if he only took home 400k of that million he should’ve still had a gang of money to work with.

I drove Lyft near UC Campus one year and i definitely didn’t need to. I just liked talking to ppl and honestly i liked driving girls around in my new car. Lol. So maybe he just likes to Dash. I really enjoyed delivering pizza when i did that too.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Let's also remember the uncalled illegal block in the back right in front of the official that set it all up - otherwise the Chiefs start backed way up. Yes Crisman botched the punt but the refs in the final minutes were all in for the Chiefs.
Reply/Quote
$70 total for how much work he put in is criminal.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2023, 09:54 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: $70 total for how much work he put in is criminal.

That’s why i did Lyft over DoorDash or any food delivery service.

You can’t swag out a good tip delivering food. Either they were gonna tip or not. I always made better tips driving lyft. When you get ppl in the car it’s easy to squeeze out tips.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2023, 03:19 PM)Housh Wrote: Even if we be generous and say he made a million last year(Think he made closer to 750k) after taxes that’s still around 600-700k.

He’s a young guy so you have to account that he’ll blow SOME of that on BS. But as long as he isn’t going CRAZY i don’t see how he would NEED to DoorDash. Even if he only took home 400k of that million he should’ve still had a gang of money to work with.

I drove Lyft near UC Campus one year and i definitely didn’t need to. I just liked talking to ppl and honestly i liked driving girls around in my new car. Lol. So maybe he just likes to Dash. I really enjoyed delivering pizza when i did that too.
I dunno..If these guys are going broke playing in the NFL I can't say I feel really sorry for them.. Give me $700k and I'd never work another day the rest of my life.. Oh wait..I'm old and don't have to work anyway. 
Just give me the 700k to prove it! The house is paid for and so are both vehicles and I don't eat much..lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Dru does seem like a great dude.  Hope he lands somewhere, besides the Steelers...
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2023, 03:19 PM)Housh Wrote: Even if we be generous and say he made a million last year(Think he made closer to 750k) after taxes that’s still around 600-700k.

He's young but married with a child.  Looking at his IG, he hasn't gone too crazy with his money.

Oh and he is donating his Door Dash cash

His commet: A reason I began this hobby was to get a good workout?? in during the offseason and I’m certainly getting that

Reply/Quote