Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Drue Chrisman
What a great win. Something that has been overshadowed by other great play is the kicking performance by this guy. Avg of 51 and long of 62 with two inside the 20. Early in the course of the game when offense was struggling somewhat (and with penalties) I thought he had some great punts from deep in our territory. Can’t help but think if Huber were out there Titans would maybe have a few more points on the board.
Reply/Quote
If he keeps booming em like this I’ll forgive the weird way he spells his name.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I feel like there wasnt much hangtime to his punts, but it was certainly better than Huber was doing
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 11:38 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I feel like there wasnt much hangtime to his punts, but it was certainly better than Huber was doing

While long it did seem like Bengals were far back in coverage when receiver caught it. Will see if can find hangtime stat.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 11:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If he keeps booming em like this I’ll forgive the weird way he spells his name.

That's most likely on his parents..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 11:35 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: What a great win. Something that has been overshadowed by other great play is the kicking performance by this guy. Avg of 51 and long of 62 with two inside the 20. Early in the course of the game when offense was struggling somewhat (and with penalties) I thought he had some great punts from deep in our territory. Can’t help but think if Huber were out there Titans would maybe have a few more points on the board.

I will add that the long snapper has been flawless so far. Stepped in for Clark Harris very well.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 11:46 PM)Nepa Wrote: I will add that the long snapper has been flawless so far. Stepped in for Clark Harris very well.

Great point.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 11:46 PM)Nepa Wrote: I will add that the long snapper has been flawless so far. Stepped in for Clark Harris very well.

One of the reasons given for hanging onto Huber was Mac's familiarity with his holds on FGs/PATs. Seems Mac was shaky the last couple games with Huber. I think he's been perfect with Drue holding

Reply/Quote
Dude had an absolutely fantastic game. Really big leg on that guy.
Reply/Quote
Yep.

I think the time had come to cit Huber, sadly. Though a PS slot would be great for Kevin.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 02:00 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Yep.

I think the time had come to cit Huber, sadly. Though a PS slot would be great for Kevin.

Yeah, my gut feeling was he got the job out of loyalty this year. I think it is sadly time to move on from Huber.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 11:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If he keeps booming em like this I’ll forgive the weird way he spells his name.

Motley Drue
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
His punts early when we were backed up were crucial.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 11:35 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: What a great win. Something that has been overshadowed by other great play is the kicking performance by this guy. Avg of 51 and long of 62 with two inside the 20. Early in the course of the game when offense was struggling somewhat (and with penalties) I thought he had some great punts from deep in our territory. Can’t help but think if Huber were out there Titans would maybe have a few more points on the board.

Absolutely.  Two NFL starts and two threads started praising your performance.  Let's not forget some of those punts were in to the wind and he absolutely crushed them.  Must have had good spirals as they cut through the wind really well.  

In all, Drue had 5 punts and averaged 51.8 with one going for 62.  I think his net (what really matters) was around 45, which is flat out getting it done.  

I haven't been measuring it, but it seems to me that he gets the ball out a little faster than Huber.  Coverage gets a bit less time to get there, but reduces the risk of a punt block.  
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 11:48 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Great point.

yep, I think we keep these 2 and move on from Huber and Clark and save on $$
The punts were great to see aside from that one flat trajectory cruise missile he launched that looked like it was evading radar....it did go a distance though.
He has a booming leg and its great to know we have guy that can get us out of a hole.  
Reply/Quote
He's been a breath of fresh air that's for damn sure.

Getting an extra 20 yards on punts and having the opportunity to make the opposing offense move the chains twice more per drive is such an underrated thing.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Huber if we are being honest would of cost us the game in the 1st half the way it played out. Backed up in our own endzone multiple times Chrisman delivered and put the Titans on the opposite 40.

I think it's obvious to everyone that he's earned the starting job for the rest of the season at the bare minimum.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote

He put the game on ice for the Bengals when drawing the flag at the end as well. 

Chrisman has been impressive showing no nervousness while booming his punts. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The punting battle is settled the real question is: What do we do when Clark returns from his injury?

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 12:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The punting battle is settled the real question is: What do we do when Clark returns from his injury?

Cal Adomitis has been flawless. And he is 24 years old, whereas Clark Harris is 38. I don't think there is a real question there. (And Cal might be someone who actually stays with the team during the halftime of  Super Bowl, rather than doing his own thing and going back out to watch the halftime show.)
Reply/Quote