Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Video of Pratt Yelling about Ossai
Emotions are high after a game like this.

It's nothing.
Reply/Quote
I think people are blowing this a bit out of proportion just like I think people are rushing to forgive/not blame Ossai. It was an incredibly stupid play in the biggest moment of a Championship game.

I'm pretty sure the first line is a response to someone saying something to Pratt along the lines of "It's all good, we'll be back" because I think he says "No, it's not good! It's my last ####ing year! WTF? Why the #### do you touch the quarterback?"

I don't entirely blame him. He knows this could be his last chance to play for a championship and, while he had a hand in it with a terrible missed tackle, he didn't end the Bengals chances of winning in OT with a brain fart in the biggest moment of the game. This defense is based off of discipline. I'd rather have a player make an emotional, poor decision minutes after what is probably his final game with the team than have a player that makes a poor decision with the game on the line.

Vontaze/Pacman and now you can add Ossai to the list of mental meltdowns in the final seconds of a Bengals playoff game.

Like it or not, that's the reality.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:29 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: What did he say ?

Basically "Why you touch the quarterback" with a few f-words thrown in. 

Ossai made a big mistake at the absolute worst time in the game to make it. Bur he wasn't the only player to make mistakes that cost them the win, I mean how many times were Chiefs guys basically wide open for a hobbled Mahomes to throw to as he was rarely under pressure to boot.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I see nothing wrong with this video. He was talking to himself. He was pissed. He should be. It would be different if he was yelling in Osai’s face. He was nowhere around. TB yells at teammates all the time. Why can’t Pratt blow some steam off after a huge emotional loss?

Pratt is a great player and I hope they can find a way to bring him back.
Reply/Quote
I see nothing wrong with this video. He was talking to himself. He was pissed. He should be. It would be different if he was yelling in Osai’s face. He was nowhere around. TB yells at teammates all the time. Why can’t Pratt blow some steam off after a huge emotional loss?
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:08 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Basically "Why you touch the quarterback" with a few f-words thrown in. 

Ossai made a big mistake at the absolute worst time in the game to make it. Bur he wasn't the only player to make mistakes that cost them the win, I mean how many times were Chiefs guys basically wide open for a hobbled Mahomes to throw to as he was rarely under pressure to boot.

The defense wasn’t the problem this game. It’s impossible to shut down that offense. You have to bend but not break when playing KC
Reply/Quote
Zac did the right thing by not doing anything. The players are heated. Let them vent. He’s not going physically after anyone. It’s poor choice on his part but I get it. Pratt’s likely good as gone next year. He’s been talking a lot about himself on Twitter, and I know the coaches aren’t particularly fond of that I.e. Dunlap.
Reply/Quote
Why was there a camera rolling in the tunnel, at the entrance of the locker room? That should be an area of privacy, where the players who are still high on the emotion of what has just transpired, are able to vent on their own accord without fear of a "gotcha" moment.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:01 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Why is he gone?? had a solid year, why would you not try to resign him ?

Because he's loudmouth punk just a step below Burfict, and not nearly as good. Your a team first, and you don't ass out a player on your team. It's bad for team chemistry. Plus he will want way more money to stay. They have to focus on two offensive tackles to really make this team solid. 
Reply/Quote
I don't know why anyone would expect Zac to confront Pratt there and then over that. Is he meant to start a fight with his own player in the tunnel right after the game? Like any dude letting off hot air, you just have to leave him to cool it off.

It was poor taste, but I've honestly little doubt Pratt was anything other than just emotionally p**sed we lost. Shouldn't have done it, but I'm sure he's already apologised to Ossai over it.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:02 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I think people are blowing this a bit out of proportion just like I think people are rushing to forgive/not blame Ossai. It was an incredibly stupid play in the biggest moment of a Championship game.

I'm pretty sure the first line is a response to someone saying something to Pratt along the lines of "It's all good, we'll be back" because I think he says "No, it's not good! It's my last ####ing year! WTF? Why the #### do you touch the quarterback?"

I don't entirely blame him. He knows this could be his last chance to play for a championship and, while he had a hand in it with a terrible missed tackle, he didn't end the Bengals chances of winning in OT with a brain fart in the biggest moment of the game. This defense is based off of discipline. I'd rather have a player make an emotional, poor decision minutes after what is probably his final game with the team than have a player that makes a poor decision with the game on the line.

Vontaze/Pacman and now you can add Ossai to the list of mental meltdowns in the final seconds of a Bengals playoff game.

Like it or not, that's the reality.

Vontaze and Pacman were/ are repeat offenders. Ossai made a mistake. The other two suffer from uncontrolled impulse.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why was there a camera rolling in the tunnel, at the entrance of the locker room?  That should be an area of privacy, where the players who are still high on the emotion of what has just transpired, are able to vent on their own accord without fear of a "gotcha" moment.

So KC could stick it to us. The Mayor of Cincinnati was running his trap all week, so for there fans they wanted to see Bengals going in the locker room after a loss. 
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:43 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: Because he's loudmouth punk just a step below Burfict, and not nearly as good. Your a team first, and you don't ass out a player on your team. It's bad for team chemistry. Plus he will want way more money to stay. They have to focus on two offensive tackles to really make this team solid. 

Wow. Looks like we're deep into overreaction Monday. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Bad form caught at a heated moment.

Still don’t like it and I think less of him. Not a tremendous amount, but I played team sports at a high level and never once did I ever even consider going after a teammate like that.

All that matters is if his teammates and especially Ossai can forgive and forget. I suspect they will.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:14 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Well good for Pratt for owning it and saying he was wrong.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
That apology was weirdly sincere yet unfulfilling.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
It's an emotional time. Not a good look. Not a big deal.

Ossai played really well until that last play. But the Chiefs still have a play to get 6-7 yards even without the penalty.

We had two possessions to take the lead late and got nada. Burrow threw two picks. The OL was awful all game. We whiffed some tackles. Chrisman was poor. The punt coverage team was bad late. We had some dunb click management at the end of half (spike the ball).

And we still almost beat them with 60% of the OL out, with Chido out, and with Boyd out.

Learn. Improve. Grow. Cone back next year. Go Eagles.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Pratt has made some big plays, but overall I don't think he's a great lb. He's maybe above average.

Pratt was the hero when we played KC the first time when he stripped the ball from Kelce and the INT in the playoff game against the Raiders.  Pratt is a solid LB, and yes that was a jerk move, but he was emotionally blowing off some steam.  I think Zac and the rest of them knew to just let him vent.  Pratt probably didn't even remember what he said until someone reminded him.  
Reply/Quote