Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drue Chrisman-hospital
Punter Drue Chrisman was absent from camp today. According to Zac he had some sort of medical issue that landed him in the hospital this morning.

Hope it is nothing serious...he's a good guy

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Appendicitis, I think. It's going around. We get one case per year. It's debilitating, infuriating and exasperating, but also a rite of passage for this team.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2023, 09:37 PM)tms Wrote: Appendicitis, I think. It's going around. We get one case per year. It's debilitating, infuriating and exasperating, but also a rite of passage for this team.

Well then I would think the Michigan guy is more of a lock. No way Drue is competing if he had to have an appendectomy.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2023, 10:24 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well then I would think the Michigan guy is more of a lock. No way Drue is competing if he had to have an appendectomy.

Good point. But historically speaking (at least over the past year), Bengals with appendectomies have all made the 53-man cut. Not saying... just saying.
Reply/Quote
Hope it's nothing serious.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2023, 09:37 PM)tms Wrote: Appendicitis, I think. It's going around. We get one case per year. It's debilitating, infuriating and exasperating, but also a rite of passage for this team.

Appendicitis doesn't, "go around."

(I do get what you're saying, but that's medically innacurate)
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 11:46 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Appendicitis doesn't, "go around."

(I do get what you're saying, but that's medically innacurate)

I think it was a joke.
Reply/Quote
Man I hope he’s ok. No one should get hurt right now.
Reply/Quote
He's not going to be punting for us anyway....
Reply/Quote
Drue suffered a medical emergency while at the facility on Wed. He is now at home, resting, and will be undergoing more testing

Drue posted this earlier today

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 03:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He's not going to be punting for us anyway....

Agreed, but glad he is alright.  Wink
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 07:31 PM)pally Wrote: Drue suffered a medical emergency while at the facility on Wed.  He is now at home, resting, and will be undergoing more testing

Drue posted this earlier today

That's a pretty decent size gash on his forehead and there's blood on the pillow.  Hopefully he didn't pass out and hit his head.  
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 10:57 PM)Whatever Wrote: That's a pretty decent size gash on his forehead and there's blood on the pillow.  Hopefully he didn't pass out and hit his head.  

I think he got into a fight with a buck-tooth barracuda!
Reply/Quote
Drue returned to the team yesterday but won't practice before next week. He apparently passed out in the training room and received that scrape on his head when he fell. He didn't say specifically what happened but he said he was dealing with something he has had since childhood. He underwent some sort of "procedure" and they have ruled out "all the scary stuff"

He did expressed thankfulness that it happened at the facility and not while he was on his bike in downtown Cincinnati

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2023, 01:13 PM)pally Wrote: Drue returned to the team yesterday but won't practice before next week. He apparently passed out in the training room and received that scrape on his head when he fell. He didn't say specifically what happened but he said he was dealing with something he has had since childhood. He underwent some sort of "procedure" and they have ruled out "all the scary stuff"

He did expressed thankfulness that it happened at the facility and not while he was on his bike in downtown Cincinnati

If they ruled out the scary stuff I’d guess WPW and his procedure as an ablation.
Reply/Quote