Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drug running tunnels
(10-25-2015, 10:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I take it you don't get down to that part of the country much.

Summer of '73.  I was 10 years old.  My family drove from Franklin Ohio to Mexico City and back.  We entered Mexico at El Paso and exited at Loredo.

It was pretty arid country, but there was river at the border.  If yiu dig a hole 100 feet deep and 1500 m iles long you are going to hit a lot of streams of water.  I guess you could run it through pipes.  or instal some sort of constant pumping system, but that just adds more cost.

Why not just let it fill with water and become a moat?

In fact a moat on the Mexican side of THE WALL would be the perfect answer to the Mexicans' state-of-the-art anti-wall technology they call "the ladder".

And, don't forget that you can get the Mexicans to pay for it.

But at least we know that the flow of drugs into the United States would drop because it is impossible for drug runners to fly airplanes or drive boats.
(10-25-2015, 11:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Summer of '73.  I was 10 years old.  My family drove from Franklin Ohio to Mexico City and back.  We entered Mexico at El Paso and exited at Loredo.

So 43 years ago.

WTS, quite the road trip and an experience of a lifetime. I lived in El Paso for a couple years and the rivers don't even fill up with water.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-25-2015, 11:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So 43 years ago.

WTS, quite the road trip and an experience of a lifetime.

It was crazy.  My dad thought driving through the mountains would be scenic.  That is why we drove over to El Paso to enter Mexico.  It is over 1000 miles from El Paso to Mexico City and we drove on shitty roads down the spine of the Sierra Madre Mountains.  Mexico City is over 2000 feet higher in elevation than Denver.  It took us days to get there.

When we left we just drove east out of the mountains and then up the coast.
(10-25-2015, 08:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Wait, so you're cool with big imperialistic governments? 

No, but unless your Doc Brown we can't go back and change the war where we took Mexico. I don't like war. But when we go to war we need to be swift and strip the land of the resources or take it over. War should always be rare but if we do..... we go all the way.

It's harsh but so is war.
(10-25-2015, 10:08 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Small nuclear weapons would do the job quicker/cheaper and add the benefit of a radioactive wasteland that should prove impassable !
ThumbsUp

If we are talking a moat. Definitely need some bad dudes in the water. Piranna, gators, maybe put lasers on their heads.
(10-25-2015, 11:57 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If we are talking a moat.   Definitely need some bad dudes in the water.   Piranna, gators, maybe put lasers on their heads.

And some pythons and anaconda's.

Hell, turn it into reality tv contest.  If you make it across, you get to stay no questions asked.
(10-26-2015, 12:35 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: And some pythons and anaconda's.

Hell, turn it into reality tv contest.  If you make it across, you get to stay no questions asked.

I like the cut of your jib my man. Could be a running man style tv show.

(10-25-2015, 11:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No, but unless your Doc Brown we can't go back and change the war where we took Mexico.    I don't like war.   But when we go to war we need to be swift and strip the land of the resources or take it over.   War should always be rare but if we do..... we go all the way.    

It's harsh but so is war.

So... you are advocating big government imperialism?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-25-2015, 06:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, all of you that are commenting in jest, must be completely comfortable with the Mexican's exploiting our people's drug problems and sending all of our money back to Mexico?

Capitalism.
(10-25-2015, 06:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, all of you that are commenting in jest, must be completely comfortable with the Mexican's exploiting our people's drug problems and sending all of our money back to Mexico?

Hello Captain Mellodrama.  I see you are trying to get promoted to Admiral Hyper Assumptions.  Good luck with that.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]