Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drugs That Keep You Calm?
(03-26-2023, 07:35 PM)grampahol Wrote: So what you're really asking is there a legal way to use poker performance enhancing drugs?  Jfk is right and wrong.. Heroin can make you really laid back unless you run out after about 3 days in which case you'll likely be in acute withdrawal and jumping out of your skin hoping to score at any price including possibly robbing your parents for money.. The trick is to not run out of money and your known sources aren't sitting in the county lockup awaiting trial for distribution..  ThumbsUp
Oh yeah, you gotta learn the magic words used in those circles.. It used to be "boy" for heroin and "girl" for cocaine back when I was using, but that's been quite some time ago.. The kids today probably use other snappy coded terminology.

Actually I mainly want it for meetings with these ladies so I can actually type and think straight without shaking.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 02:38 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: We had a meeting with two of the ladies that run the program that I present through sometimes an I got so angry that I was typing so fast that I was out of control and couldn't even type because I was going so fast.

It also happens sometimes when I'm playing live poker and I'll hit such a big hand that, when I'm trying to stay calm and make a big bet, my hands will shake and it's an easy tell that I have a big hand, so I'll get no calls.

It also happens sometimes when I get in an argument with other people.

My question is if there are any legal drugs that I can get prescribed to keep me calm?

I know that some drugs are normally illegal that are legal for things like that and only legal for circumstances like the ones I need them for.

Any help is very much appreciated!

I’m a mental health clinician but I don’t prescribe medication so this isn’t medical advice in any way. I can say that most meds for calming someone are either very addictive or off label uses for other conditions. The off label route also can change your personality in significant ways.

Non barbiturate anxiolytics like buspar can help, as anger is a similar emotion to anxiety.

With most of my people I teach them to observe the anger. Get a sense of what your triggers are and use calming techniques to help when you notice the anger starting to come on. For most people the awareness is enough. It surprises them when they pay attention to their emotions how tangled our thoughts and reactions to them can get.

I hope this helps, I’m sorry you are going through this.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
Have you tried a shot of ouzo? My Greek friends swear by it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 11:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Actually I mainly want it for meetings with these ladies so I can actually type and think straight without shaking.

Brad, just keep in mind there are TONS and TONS of desperate women out there and most of them are more afraid of you than you are of them.. heck, start a *romance scam, get rich and find a doc willing to prescribe the good drugs..  Ninja
*those schmucks can't really even talk to women
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote