Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Drum Beat of Joey B (Brady that is)
We cannot igonore what is going on in Carolina with Sam Darnold. The guy looked like a bust and now magically he is playing lights out football with making great accurate throws, decisions and 300 Yd games. Is that a coincidence or maybe its the Brady thing?

All I can say is ZT better start showing the fans and the Bengals Management he knows how to get the best out of Joey B (Burrow that is) and soon. There was another post a while back that asked what is the mid season record that would trigger a change?
I say if he goes 2-7, that should make it happen , the bags will come out, and Bungle ball will be in full force OR Joe Burrow gets knocked out again.
I hope ZT can make the neccessary structual changes that are obvious to everyone....but he seems too prideful to admit he needs help calling plays: but in my mind and from what I ve read about Mike Brown..he is on a short leash now . ZT is on the clock!
Reply/Quote
Joe Brady becoming our head coach in 2022 is, in my opinion, the best case scenario.

Which means it probably won't happen.

But we can continue to dream until that door is officially closed with the headline "Zac Taylor and Bengals agree to 2-year extension following Taylor's successful 6 win season."
Reply/Quote
Nothing will happen to Taylor, we’ll win 4-6 games this year and he’ll receive an extension.
Reply/Quote
I think if we move on, that’s a big if, we will go with a more veteran assistant than another young guy. I think Brian Daboll in Buffalo makes a lot of sense.
Reply/Quote
As i have said over the previous coaching change threads "what makes people think said player/OC/DC/HC want to come here?" Not exactly a place people dream of coaching at, especially if you are considered to be a great coach. Lewis had more tenure than al but one coach in th league, brought the Bengals to some sort of relevance and still couldn't get what he wanted out of Brown, et al. So we end up with an loser of a position coach to lead us from a dumpster fire to a landfill fire.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 12:38 PM)Destro Wrote: As i have said over the previous coaching change threads "what makes people think said player/OC/DC/HC want to come here?" Not exactly a place people dream of coaching at, especially if you are considered to be a great coach. Lewis had more tenure than al but one coach in th league, brought the Bengals to some sort of relevance and still couldn't get what he wanted out of Brown, et al. So we end up with an loser of a position coach to lead us from a dumpster fire to a landfill fire.

There’s 32 of these jobs in the entire world and maybe 5-6 openings for those jobs each available year to year. The idea that we can’t get ____ to come here, especially a young coach who won’t kill his rep if he doesn’t win big at his first stop, is hilarious to me.

If we wanted Joe Brady, we could get Joe Brady. It’s that simple.

If we don’t act quickly, someone else will, and then we definitely couldn’t get him.

Doesn’t matter anyway. Lac will win 6 games this year and be rewarded with a 5 year extension.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 12:38 PM)Destro Wrote: As i have said over the previous coaching change threads "what makes people think said player/OC/DC/HC want to come here?" Not exactly a place people dream of coaching at, especially if you are considered to be a great coach. Lewis had more tenure than al but one coach in th league, brought the Bengals to some sort of relevance and still couldn't get what he wanted out of Brown, et al. So we end up with an loser of a position coach to lead us from a dumpster fire to a landfill fire.

You think Joe Brady wouldn't jump at the chance to reunite with Burrow and Chase?
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 12:21 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think if we move on, that’s a big if, we will go with a more veteran assistant than another young guy. I think Brian Daboll in Buffalo makes a lot of sense.

I'm not a big Daboll fan. Out of the box but Bill Callahan could be in line for another Head Coaching Job and it would allow the Bengals to keep some of their staff like Frank Pollack.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

Prior to the last couple years, i'd agree with that. With what they've spent in free agency and the last couple drafts, there's a lot of talent to play with here. They're moving away from the perception that they created and cultivated for so many years. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 11:55 AM)kalibengal Wrote: We cannot igonore what is going on in Carolina with Sam Darnold. The guy looked like a bust and now magically he is playing lights out football with making great accurate throws, decisions and 300 Yd games. Is that a coincidence or maybe its the Brady thing?

All I can say is ZT better start showing the fans and the Bengals Management he knows how to get the best out of Joey B (Burrow that is) and soon. There was another post a while back that asked what is the mid season record that would trigger a change?
I say if he goes 2-7, that should make it happen , the bags will come out, and Bungle ball will be in full force OR Joe Burrow gets knocked out again.
I hope ZT can make the neccessary structual changes that are obvious to everyone....but he seems too prideful to admit he needs help calling plays: but in my mind and from what I ve read about Mike Brown..he is on a short leash now .  ZT is on the clock!

Having hope on ZT is your biggest mistake. His contract will expire. No one else will hire him either as a HC. Stick a fork on him, he's done.

The best thing he can do is relegate the play calling to Callahan, and enjoy his last 15 games watching and experiencing that cool feeling of being an NFL head coach for the last time of his NFL career.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 12:02 PM)tBengal Wrote: Nothing will happen to Taylor, we’ll win 4-6 games this year and he’ll receive an extension.

Nailed it Rant
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 11:55 AM)kalibengal Wrote: We cannot igonore what is going on in Carolina with Sam Darnold. The guy looked like a bust and now magically he is playing lights out football with making great accurate throws, decisions and 300 Yd games. Is that a coincidence or maybe its the Brady thing?

I hope ZT can make the neccessary structual changes that are obvious to everyone....but he seems too prideful to admit he needs help calling plays: but in my mind and from what I ve read about Mike Brown..he is on a short leash now .  ZT is on the clock!

Well he has just 3 tds in 3 games so he is on pace for 17 tds normally does not wins many games,, they have a great RB and a solid defense... so im not about to say Brady is the difference at all
Reply/Quote
IMO Darnold looks like he’s playing his 2nd year. I don’t think he looks polished and he needs work. But you can blame the Jets for a lot of that and Brady is doing rather well with what he’s working with.

He didn’t throw any TDs last game, he had a few he ran in which makes me question some things.
Reply/Quote
I watched the majority of the Thursday nite game and Darnold looked very sharp, nice zip on throws and in control. I was impressed and it was like watching a more polished version of what I watched him do over here in LA when he was on USC.....I give Brady the credit to pull that out of him.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 12:54 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: There’s 32 of these jobs in the entire world and maybe 5-6 openings for those jobs each available year to year. The idea that we can’t get ____ to come here, especially a young coach who won’t kill his rep if he doesn’t win big at his first stop, is hilarious to me.

If we wanted Joe Brady, we could get Joe Brady. It’s that simple.

If we don’t act quickly, someone else will, and then we definitely couldn’t get him.

Doesn’t matter anyway. Lac will win 6 games this year and be rewarded with a 5 year extension.

Just because thousands would jump at the chance does not mean they will. Look at all the highly successful college coaches that never leave for the NFL. They are Gods in their regions, it is a different atmosphere and they like where they are at. Hell, even NFL coordinators have not taken head coaching jobs to stay where they are at.

And there is never a year with one vacancy. If you are that great, there is competition to hire you. If the Bengals want you or the Cowboys want you, for example, most will pick Dallas. 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 12:57 PM)Whatever Wrote: You think Joe Brady wouldn't jump at the chance to reunite with Burrow and Chase?

Possible, but how much does he get for nostalgia versus being where he is comfortable? Nick Saban could get a job in the NFL for the past decade but he stays. NFL is a step up for most, but not all. 

For every Pete Carrol and Jimmy Johnson, there's plenty of Chip Kelly and Bobby Petrino. 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 01:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Prior to the last couple years, i'd agree with that. With what they've spent in free agency and the last couple drafts, there's a lot of talent to play with here. They're moving away from the perception that they created and cultivated for so many years. 

Is it as bad as it has been? Definitely not. I would say we are not considered an upper level team and that has never changed. I mean, the same things many people, including the long tenured head coach, complained about, still have not changed, regardless of the lack of success with maintaining the status quo. Higher level coaches want a lot of control, and have pushed for that more and more. This team has a history of having the coaches control the green field and that alone. 

I would think they would have to make a few more moves that are closer to what the rest of the league does before any perceptions change. 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 09:20 PM)Destro Wrote: Is it as bad as it has been? Definitely not. I would say we are not considered an upper level team and that has never changed. I mean, the same things many people, including the long tenured head coach, complained about, still have not changed, regardless of the lack of success with maintaining the status quo. Higher level coaches want a lot of control, and have pushed for that more and more. This team has a history of having the coaches control the green field and that alone. 

I would think they would have to make a few more moves that are closer to what the rest of the league does before any perceptions change. 

True, there are more enticing teams and i agree that a couple/few more years of progress will make it even better. 

I just hope i'm still alive when they finally get back to being one of the really good teams again...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2021, 10:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: True, there are more enticing teams and i agree that a couple/few more years of progress will make it even better. 

I just hope i'm still alive when they finally get back to being one of the really good teams again...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure once the Bengals become perennial playoff ( and winning ) team, I will die soon thereafter.
Reply/Quote
So the Razorbacks' resurgence under Sam Pittman has me thinking. The Bengals tried to find a similar unicorn, but looking more and more like they failed, and here's why.
Pittman is a seasoned, veteran coach. Although he has never been more than an offensive line coach, he has a clear vision for how he wants his team to play, and BE. He put his stamp on the team from the moment he arrived, and has never wavered. The results are telling. He has dreamed of doing this his entire career, and clearly has put a lot of thought into how would execute his vision, honed over many years of experience, if he ever got the chance. I'm paraphrasing here, but he said he wasn't their first choice, 2nd choice, or maybe even their 3rd choice. But he was the right choice.

2 tough, tough tests coming up at Georgia and the ole miss, but I can tell you as a fan, I won't be embarrassed by either game no matter the result on the scoreboard.

I say all that to say this. The next HC of the Bengals doesn't necessarily have to have hc experience, or even a coordinator. But failing that, they BETTER be a coach with a clear vision, and tons of experience in the coaching field. Now that I'm typing this, we might have someone on staff that fits this mold. Namely, the DC.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote