Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drumph now Rambo
Drumph, better known as Drumbo, said he would of rushed into that school even without a gun. Too bad he wasn't that brave 50 years ago when he avoided the draft.  Hilarious

https://sputniknews.com/us/201802261062014918-trump-florida-shooting-run-in/
I'd like to think that most people would try to save lives in that situation. I certainly hope that the president would.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-26-2018, 06:19 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I'd like to think that most people would try to save lives in that situation. I certainly hope that the president would.

Cadet Bone Spurs? I highly doubt it. To be fair, though, lots of people would say they would but it is a small portion of the population that would run into that situation. Nothing against anyone for that, it's primal. This is an amygdalian response, primal brain stuff. Overriding that takes training, lots of it, with very few exceptions. People that devote their lives to being in public safety or the military often have a predisposition towards being able to override it, but even then it takes training to make sure they can. Even with it, not always a guarantee.

Anyway, tl;dr, Trump is full of it, but no more full of it than most people if they were saying the same thing. Running towards danger is not what we are wired to do.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(02-26-2018, 06:12 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Drumph, better known as Drumbo, said he would of rushed into that school even without a gun. Too bad he wasn't that brave 50 years ago when he avoided the draft.  Hilarious

https://sputniknews.com/us/201802261062014918-trump-florida-shooting-run-in/

He should have said something like he believes he would, but he would not know for sure unless he was really tested.

That would have been OK; right? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-26-2018, 08:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He should have said something like he believes he would, but he would not know for sure unless he was really tested.

That would have been OK; right? 
Hi.
No, what would be ok is if Drumph wouldn't make everything about himself. Too bad he is surrounded by butt kissers who won't tell him he sounds like an ass most of the time when he tweets.
Every time there is a mass-shooting, social media is flooded with a bunch of keyboard-heroes who totally would have saved the day and been way more brave and awesome than anyone there who didn't save the day. It's only fitting that we finally elected a man so representative of us as a people that he echoes those same sentiments.
(02-26-2018, 09:13 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Hi.
No, what would be ok is if Drumph wouldn't make everything about himself. Too bad he is surrounded by butt kissers who won't tell him he sounds like an ass most of the time when he tweets.

You mean like he had said "and I think most everyone in this room would do the same"?

Ok, this is what happened. Trump said he would believe that he would run in there, even unarmed, but wouldn't know for sure unless truly tested and he also said he believed most everyone else would do the same.

So some media and those who just look to hate turn that into some big negative, because.................

If Trump would have said "I would run in there unarmed and I'm not sure how many other people would be brave enough to do the same". Then you may have something. Short of that, it just looks petty. 

I realize the inherent irony of what I'm about to post, but why would anyone respond to such an inane thread topic so ridiculously phrased?
(02-26-2018, 09:22 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I realize the inherent irony of what I'm about to post, but why would anyone respond to such an inane thread topic so ridiculously phrased?

Boredom. Slow day around the forum.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(02-26-2018, 09:22 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I realize the inherent irony of what I'm about to post, but why would anyone respond to such an inane thread topic so ridiculously phrased?

Public Service

(02-26-2018, 09:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You mean like he had said "and I think most everyone in this room would do the same"?

Ok, this is what happened. Trump said he would believe that he would run in there, even unarmed, but wouldn't know for sure unless truly tested and he also said he believed most everyone else would do the same.

So some media and those who just look to hate turn that into some big negative, because.................

If Trump would have said "I would run in there unarmed and I'm not sure how many other people would be brave enough to do the same". Then you may have something. Short of that, it just looks petty. 

I get it.  The law enforcement officers there are a disgrace, and Trump believes he and a room full of politicians would have run unarmed towards a maniac with an assault rifle.  I get it, he said "I believe" so he can air his disgust at people who didn't do what he believes he would have done in that situation.

It's even better that he also believes 39 other politicians would have run headlong into danger, as well.  Yes, it is disingenuous that his critics aren't pointing out that he isn't saying he 100% would have run in there, but we also know Trump and his political pals 100% wouldn't have run in there unarmed, so meh.  This is the equivalent of saying "No offense, but...." and then acting indignant when the person you are insulting tells you what an arsehat you are.

The short of it, if Trump really believes he and 39 politicians would have run into that building then he needs to retire to the nuthouse.
(02-26-2018, 09:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You mean like he had said "and I think most everyone in this room would do the same"?

"Trump said he would believe that he would run in there, even unarmed"
"but wouldn't know for sure unless truly tested "
He is talking out of both sides of his mouth. He said he would but then said he is not sure. Which is it.

"he also said he believed most everyone else would do the same."
When he seen the funny looks on the audiences faces, he realized he sounded like a braggart so he included everyone there.
That guy isn't hard to figure out. Petty is his middle name.
(02-27-2018, 07:52 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: "Trump said he would believe that he would run in there, even unarmed"
He is talking out of both sides of his mouth. He said he would but then said he is not sure. Which is it.

When he seen the funny looks on the audiences faces, he realized he sounded like a braggart so he included everyone there.

Yes, Trump said he  believed (to hold as an opinion) that he would go in there; yet said he wouldn't know for sure unless truly tested. Maybe, just maybe your's and other's prejudice toward Trump influence your opinion on everything he says and does.

He does say and do some stupid shit, but always crying wolf hurts one's credibility. 

(02-26-2018, 09:13 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Hi.

It's like how he used a photo of him visiting a victim to brag about himself and ask for donations.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

trump would have dodged those bullets like they were the draft
People suck
(02-27-2018, 07:52 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: "Trump said he would believe that he would run in there, even unarmed"

I don't think you understand what "talking out of both sides of your mouth" means.   He basically said, I think I would, but I can't be sure until I was faced with the actual situation.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-27-2018, 10:21 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't think you understand what "talking out of both sides of your mouth" means.   He basically said, I think I would, but I can't be sure until I was faced with the actual situation.  

The actual quote:

Quote:"You know, I really believe… you don't know until you test it, but I really believe I'd run in there even if I didn't have a weapon," Trump said. "I think most of the people in this room would have done that too, because I know most of you."

Even I would give him the benefit of the doubt (by ignoring his usual hyperbolic speech) because of the context of what he speaking about.

I have more of a problem with how he talked about the trained officers.  While I don't understand why he didn't go in (now he claims he thought the shots were coming from outside) the POTUS should temper his statements.  Many took Obama to task when he commented on things "too soon" or "too harshly" about the Louis Gates arrest and no one died there.

Trump will never speak well, especially when speaking off the top of his head.

Both statements were bad.  Saying he believes he would run into the building (even without a weapon) is not as bad as some have made it out to be, but also a bit laughable based on his history.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-27-2018, 09:59 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, Trump said he  believed (to hold as an opinion) that he would go in there; yet said he wouldn't know for sure unless truly tested. Maybe, just maybe your's and other's prejudice toward Trump influence your opinion on everything he says and does.

He does say and do some stupid shit, but always crying wolf hurts one's credibility. 

I get the point of pointing out how biased and full of it Trump's detractors, or any Internet critics, can be, but we're also talking about a man who was being lampooned by Sesame Street over 30 years ago.  Trump has long been known as one of the most self-serving, self-congratulating, and deceptive people on earth for the past 30+ years.

There is a difference between someone with an R next to his name like John McCain, or Ronald Reagan saying he believes he would have run into danger to save kids, but if someone like Trump, or Rush Limbaugh says it, well color me skeptical.
(02-27-2018, 10:37 AM)GMDino Wrote: The actual quote:

Even I would give him the benefit of the doubt (by ignoring his usual hyperbolic speech) because of the context of what he speaking about.

I have more of a problem with how he talked about the trained officers.  While I don't understand why he didn't go in (now he claims he thought the shots were coming from outside) the POTUS should temper his statements.  Many took Obama to task when he commented on things "too soon" or "too harshly" about the Louis Gates arrest and no one died there.

Trump will never speak well, especially when speaking off the top of his head.

Both statements were bad.  Saying he believes he would run into the building (even without a weapon) is not as bad as some have made it out to be, but also a bit laughable based on his history.

I agree with talking about things before there time or at all.  And then making it about himself.  Let's just keep it there.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

To be fair with the bone spurs and his whole scientific concept that the body is like a battery with a finite amount of energy I doubt he could have "ran" but dude never lies so he would have probably walked briskly into harms way.