Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drumph now Rambo
Actually trump has a history of running up against an armed assailant to protect others.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/27655/flashback-donald-trump-rushed-stop-assailant-1991-michael-j-knowles

Quote:FLASHBACK: Donald Trump Rushed To Stop An Assailant In 1991 Even Though He Didn’t Have A Weapon

So much for that narrative . . .

Michael J. KnowlesFebruary 27, 2018

Richard Ellis / Stringer
Democrats, true to ignorant form, are once again frivolously giggling at President Trump for suggesting he would have entered the Parkland school building unarmed during the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting. At a meeting with governors to discuss school safety measures, Trump explained, “I really believe I’d run in there, even if I didn’t have a weapon. And I think most of the people in this room would’ve done that too.” Trump’s opponents on the Left quickly pounced. Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane posted a GIF image of President Trump apparently showing fear as a bald eagle nearly bit him. 1970s film star Mark Hamill tweeted, “#ItsFunToPretend.” Twitter user Bryce Tache wrote, “You’ll never be the hero. Never.”

Trump’s lightly-educated critics ignore history, including a 1991 incident in which The Donald rush to stop a mugging in New York and chased the armed assailant away, despite lacking any weapon himself. As James Rosen reported at the time in the New York Daily News, “When he saw ‘a big guy with a big bat’ bashing another fellow, Donald Trump did what any self-respecting billionaire would do: He ordered his driver to pull over.” Trump confronted the armed assailant, who recognized him and claimed not to have done anything wrong. Trump reportedly asked the mugger, “How could you not do anything wrong when you’re whacking a guy with a bat?” The mugger then ran away.

Lest readers write the story off as mere Trumpian fiction, Rosen adds that a witness corroborated the account. “All of a sudden, a big long limousine pulls up on an angle, and Donald Trump pops out with the blond too,” the witness recounted. “Trump yelled, ‘Put that bat down. What are you doing?’ The guy dropped the bat, came over and started talking to him.” Rosen compared the incident to the brutal mugging of Trump’s elderly mother the previous month, which also was stopped thanks only to the intervention of a helpful stranger.

The story offers subtle lessons. The only way to stop a bad guy with a bat is a good billionaire with a limo, perhaps; or, you can’t not be doing anything wrong when you’re whacking a guy with a bat. Two lessons at least are clear: Democrats’ delusions bear no resemblance to reality, and one should never say never when it comes to Trump.
(02-27-2018, 10:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Actually trump has a history of running up against an armed assailant to protect others.  

https://www.dailywire.com/news/27655/flashback-donald-trump-rushed-stop-assailant-1991-michael-j-knowles

I don't know if he is willing to run into a building where a shooting is occurring, but he will have his driver pull his car over and yell at a guy from his window... basically the same thing?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-27-2018, 10:43 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't know if he is willing to run into a building where a shooting is occurring, but he will have his driver pull his car over and yell at a guy from his window... basically the same thing?

Reads to me like he got out of the car.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-27-2018, 10:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Actually trump has a history of running up against an armed assailant to protect others.  

Actually Trump has a history of planting fake news stories in the press.

Guy is beaten "brutally" with a bat, Trump shows up and a yuge crowd is gathered, just watching (and everyone recognizes him...even the yuge guy with the bat...because who wouldn't right?), the guy stops and runs away because Trump talked to him and a police report is never filed.

That is EXACTLY the kind of story John Miller or John Baron would tell the press.   Hilarious
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-27-2018, 04:23 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: https://uproxx.com/news/trump-howard-stern-blood/

(02-27-2018, 10:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: https://www.dailywire.com/news/27655/flashback-donald-trump-rushed-stop-assailant-1991-michael-j-knowles

Neither story does much more than to aid folks in feeling that their bias is justified. 

To be honest, I have no idea if dude would run in there or not; but I'm not as open-minded as most. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-27-2018, 11:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Neither story does much more than to aid folks in feeling that their bias is justified. 

To be honest, I have no idea if dude would run in there or not; but I'm not as open-minded as most. 

I dunno.  One story is him actually speaking and saying how he couldn't even look at blood from a guy who fell down.  The other is him bravely going up to talk to a guy who was brutally beating another man with a bat.

Given his penchant for building himself up (often at other people's expense) and never admitting a weakness there's no need to tell the first story unless it's true and no reason to tell the second story unless it's a lie.
(02-27-2018, 10:46 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Reads to me like he got out of the car.

My apologies, he might have gotten out and yelled at him but didn't approach him.

https://i.redd.it/45l1nkm3nmi01.png

According to the story, one eye witness who did give her name said the mugger had left by the time Trump got out and that he was merely looking around with everyone else.

Another who refused to give their name said Trump yelled at the guy and the guy came over to talk to Trump.

SO we're either to believe a named source who said Trump acted as his character has suggested he would act and that a mugger did not stay around to have a conversation in the middle of a crowd

OR we're to believe someone anonymous that Donald Trump, who is known to have submitted fake letters posing as his secretary to newspapers, acted in a way that his character suggests he would never act and managed to get a mugger to have a conversation with him while a crowd watched.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Give the guy a break for goodness sake. This is the same guy who courageously compromised the national security of his country just to give his son in law a job.

You think he gives a shit about his own personal safety when he will put the entire country he is sworn to protect at risk.

Pssshhht freaking haters.
(02-27-2018, 10:32 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Actually we are making fun of your representation, and overall on your obsession.

Of course you are. You Huckabeen's would never admit that 98% of what comes out of your fearless leaders mouth is poop. As has been said, when Drumph was elected, everyone knew what we were getting. I'm making fun of all the Drumph lovers who ignore or pretend what actually comes out of his mouth. Now that is funny but sad in a way.

[Image: a4dxhtg0abfs5ch6g.jpg]
[Image: 28279942_1956898331069878_86992880153467...e=5B016683]
[Image: 28377997_1955048697921508_17306767903691...e=5B0D4BFD]
(02-28-2018, 07:25 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Of course you are. You Huckabeen's would never admit that 98% of what comes out of your fearless leaders mouth is poop. As has been said, when Drumph was elected, everyone knew what we were getting. I'm making fun of all the Drumph lovers who ignore or pretend what actually comes out of his mouth. Now that is funny but sad in a way.

[Image: a4dxhtg0abfs5ch6g.jpg]

What?  And it's Drumpf. And no that was never his name.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-27-2018, 07:40 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: For every one that would, there are many more that would not. Biologically speaking, people that run into danger rather than away from aren't going to succeed in passing on their genes to the next generation. Yeah, we have been screwing over Darwinian theory with some technological advances, but that thread still runs deep. This is survival instinct we're talking about, one of the strongest instincts we have. This isn't to say people don't overcome it, but the vast majority aren't going to.

You'd think by talking to people that every mass shooting would include dozens, if not hundreds of unarmed civilians jumping the police barricade and swarming the place.  

(02-27-2018, 09:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I really believe that I would intervene, even if unarmed, if that lion was mauling children, of course I wouldn't know for sure unless truly tested. And I believe most reading this post would do the same.  

I'm no zoologist, but I feel like a single person could distract a lion enough that, even if he dies, the kids might be able to get away.  The rub isn't me saying I'd never risk my life to save anyone/kids, the rub is that in my mind an assault rifle is so good at quickly killing many people that my sacrifice could very well be for nothing.  Yes, I realize dying for a good cause should be reward enough, no matter how little impact it had, but I'm just trying to put some perspective in there.  The nature of the weapon or threat matters.

If the guy has a knife, I might intervene.  Handgun?  Sure, maybe he doesn't have enough bullets to kill all the kids if he unloads it onto me.  Would I magically take cancer from a 2 year old and put it in me?  I guess if he will be ok, because I'm in my 30's and don't have kids and people would get over losing me easier than losing him.  

Again, I'm no weapons expert and maybe the liberals have me scurred about how powerful these guns are, but how many rounds did this guy fire off?  Seems like he'd be able to kill a lot of unarmed do gooders and still kill a bunch of kids, too.  Maybe other people picture themselves sneaking up on him or caching him from behind.  I never was optimistic enough to picture myself lucking out like that.
(02-28-2018, 10:01 AM)michaelsean Wrote: What?  And it's Drumpf. And no that was never his name.
What?  It was his Grandpapy's name. That must be why Donald loves the nazi's so much.

The Donald’s grandfather was a German immigrant named Frederick Drumpf who emigrated to the U.S. in 1885 and became a naturalized citizen in 1892.

At some point, he started calling himself “Frederick Trump,” but it is unclear if he ever changed his name officially. Some have speculated that he didn’t want to be known as “Drumpf” because of prevailing prejudice against Germans (which would heighten, of course, during World War I).
(02-28-2018, 08:17 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: What?  It was his Grandpapy's name. That must be why Donald loves the nazi's so much.

The Donald’s grandfather was a German immigrant named Frederick Drumpf who emigrated to the U.S. in 1885 and became a naturalized citizen in 1892.

At some point, he started calling himself “Frederick Trump,” but it is unclear if he ever changed his name officially. Some have speculated that he didn’t want to be known as “Drumpf” because of prevailing prejudice against Germans (which would heighten, of course, during World War I).

Thanks for copy and paste. What’s your point?

Your hard on for trump is beyond ridiculous.
(02-28-2018, 10:03 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Thanks for copy and paste. What’s your point?

My point is if his grandaddy didn't change his REAL last name it would be Donald Drunph
(02-28-2018, 11:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Your hard on for trump is beyond ridiculous.

Drumph is a buffoon. By you ignoring his tweets and loven everything he does would suggest YOU are the one with a hard on for the con man. ThumbsUp
(03-01-2018, 06:13 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: My point is if his grandaddy didn't change his REAL last name it would be Donald Drunph

Not much of a point but whatever floats your boat. And again, it’s Drumpf.