Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drunk Man Runs (as in operates) Fake DUI Checkpoint
Only in Somerset, that's all I have to say.
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2015/06/02/cops-somerset-co-man-ran-fake-dui-checkpoint-while-drunk/

Quote:SOMERSET, Pa. (AP) – Police say a man who set up a drunken-driving checkpoint complete with road flares while pretending to be a Pennsylvania state trooper was drunk.

Troopers say 19-year-old Logan Shaulis, of Somerset, parked his vehicle diagonally across State Route 601 and set up road flares at about 4 a.m. Saturday.

A motorist who stopped says Shaulis claimed he was a trooper and demanded to see a driver’s license, registration and insurance papers.

When real troopers arrived, police say Shaulis tried to hand a BB pistol to the car’s passenger and said, “I can’t get caught with this.”
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 12:42 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Only in Somerset, that's all I have to say.
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2015/06/02/cops-somerset-co-man-ran-fake-dui-checkpoint-while-drunk/

Wow...I've seen some funny/stupid shit in my life...but wow.
Reply/Quote
I thought it was a drunk guy ran through a fake DUI checkpoint. Figured that was fair.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2015, 02:04 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I thought it was a drunk guy ran through a fake DUI checkpoint.  Figured that was fair.

You know, that was my first thought when I saw the headline as well.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Despite being fake, it was actually a successful check point. One of the charges brought against him was DUI.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote