Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drunk Mid Combine 1st Round
1. Cle Deshaun Watson QB- Please be stupid Cleveland and pass up on the Russel Wilson/Cam Newton hybrid. The guy wins games.
2. SF Deshone Kizer QB- Measurables. New regime doesn't care he didn't win.
3. Chi Myles Garrett DE- John Fox sucks. He blows a bunch of money on Mike Glennon to be his QB then drafts the best defensive player in the draft and plays him out of position as a 3-4 OLB.
4. Jax Leonard Fournette RB- Bad team tries to mimic Dallas' success by getting stud RB early. He helps a little.
5. TENN Marshon Lattimore CB - Building at studly D. If Mariota is healthy they will get dangerous.
6. NYJ Mitch Trubisky QB - Dream scenario for Bengals. Jets can't help but draft bad QBs.
7. LAC Cam Robinson LT - Surprised everybody last year when they took the prototype pass rusher Bosa. Shouldn't be a surprise when they take the prototype pass protector.
8. CAR Garett Bolles T - Absolutely desperate for OL. They go get the athlete at OL
9. CIN Solomon Thomas DE - Guy with all that and a bag of chips falls in to our lap. Doesn't match our ideal measurements. But our tiny scouting department gets over ruled because NFL.com says he is the 3rd best player in the draft. And we put a lot of stock into the league grades.
10. BUF Jamal Adams S - New defensive minded head coach goes best player available on D.
11. NO Jonathan Allen DL - Medical concerns be damned. The Saints will continue to have defensive problems.
12. CLE Malik Hooker S - They could do a lot worse. Shot caller on O shot caller on D with their two top 15 picks. Could be problematic.
13. ARZ Reuben Foster LB - Carson Palmer the quitter, Nkemdiche, Michael Floyd, etc. Arians knows how to find questionable talent. Foster getting kicked out of the combine locks him in as a need for the cardinals.
14. PHI Mike Williams WR - They gladly go to the podium to select the first WR.
15. IND Christian McCaffrey RB - Andrew Luck finds a new best friend.
16. BAL Derek Barnett Edge - Sadly the powerhouse brute Suggs gets a worthy understudy.
17. WASH Sidney Jones CB - Gruden's Marvin Lewis ties make him feel the need to draft the stud CB available here.
18. TENN David Njoku TE - Delanie Walker is 32 entering his 12th year in the league. Give Mariota the new wave of TE athletic freaks.
19. TB OJ Howard TE - VJax is old maybe retiring, ASJ failed, Howard is a big friendly target for the young QB.
20. DEN Forrest Lamp OL - Elway aint no dummy. Maybe the best OL in the draft fills a need.
21. DET Charles Harris DE - Teamed up with Ansah the Lions all of a sudden have one of the most athletic pass rushing duos in the league.
22. MIA Taco Charlton DE - Seriously hurting for pass rusher help. Big contract to old Cam Wake doesn't solve the problem. Taco may be the new Mario.
23. NYG Dalvin Cook RB - Giving a real RB to the aging Eli could prolong his career. They need a RB
24. OAK Malik McDowell DT - Giant physical freak that fills a position of need. A big disruptive DT helps Khalil and Irvin.
25. HOU Ryan Ramczyk T - Aging OL. If it weren't for the hip surgery he would probably go earlier. Well balanced team considers the injury slide at OT best value.
26. SEA Marlon Humphrey CB - Big press CB. Richard Sherman needs help. Legion of boom has fallen off.
27. KC Haason Reddick LB - Derrick Johnson is 34 coming off a blown Achilles. Haason may be the best LB in the draft.
28. DAL Corey Davis WR - Shocker here. They don't care about injury. May have the best WR combo in the league after this.
29. GB TJ Watt LB - It has taken a stupidly long time. But Clay Matthews finally has a pass rushing buddy. They will jump at the chance to get Watt
30. PIT John Ross WR - Wheaton is a FA, Heyward Bey sucks, Martavis is probably high, Coates has broke hands. Tomlin sucks at drafting. A small WR with a bunch of lower body surgeries would be my ideal pick for the stoolers.
31. ATL Tim Williams LB - Counting on Dwight Freeney is like believing someone found a time machine. ATL has been willing to take risks on character the last few years. This will be another one of their swings for the fence.
32. NE Zach Cunningham LB - Super athletic do it all LB. Somehow they lose Hightower, Chandler Jones, and Jamie Collins within a year and still get to select one of the better LBs in the league.
Reply/Quote
Good job. Funny about Fox. For some reason I see Pitt coming away with Reddick LB or Harris DE.
Reply/Quote
If QBs go 1-2, I'm calling everyone I know in Chicago and offering #9 and McCarron for #3. Hell, I'll even throw in one or more 6/7s to sweeten the pot. Would LOVE to get Garrett at 3. Would be great for Chicago, too, as they're getting a QB plus their choice of Thomas/Allen/Hooker/Adams ...

That said, if I'm sitting at 9 with Thomas, Allen, Hooker, and Adams on the board, I'm not sure I would go Thomas ... would be very hard to pass on Allen or one of the safeties.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 05:38 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: 1. Cle Deshaun Watson QB- Please be stupid Cleveland and pass up on the Russel Wilson/Cam Newton hybrid. The guy wins games.
2. SF Deshone Kizer QB- Measurables. New regime doesn't care he didn't win.
3. Chi Myles Garrett DE- John Fox sucks. He blows a bunch of money on Mike Glennon to be his QB then drafts the best defensive player in the draft and plays him out of position as a 3-4 OLB.
4. Jax Leonard Fournette RB- Bad team tries to mimic Dallas' success by getting stud RB early. He helps a little.
5. TENN Marshon Lattimore CB - Building at studly D. If Mariota is healthy they will get dangerous.
6. NYJ Mitch Trubisky QB - Dream scenario for Bengals. Jets can't help but draft bad QBs.
7.  LAC Cam Robinson LT - Surprised everybody last year when they took the prototype pass rusher Bosa. Shouldn't be a surprise when they take the prototype pass protector.
8. CAR Garett Bolles T - Absolutely desperate for OL. They go get the athlete at OL
9. CIN Solomon Thomas DE -  Guy with all that and a bag of chips falls in to our lap. Doesn't match our ideal measurements. But our tiny scouting department gets over ruled because NFL.com says he is the 3rd best player in the draft. And we put a lot of stock into the league grades.
10. BUF Jamal Adams S - New defensive minded head coach goes best player available on D.
11. NO Jonathan Allen DL - Medical concerns be damned. The Saints will continue to have defensive problems.
12. CLE Malik Hooker S - They could do a lot worse. Shot caller on O shot caller on D with their two top 15 picks. Could be problematic.
13. ARZ Reuben Foster LB - Carson Palmer the quitter, Nkemdiche, Michael Floyd, etc. Arians knows how to find questionable talent. Foster getting kicked out of the combine locks him in as a need for the cardinals.
14. PHI Mike Williams WR - They gladly go to the podium to select the first WR.
15. IND Christian McCaffrey RB - Andrew Luck finds a new best friend.
16. BAL Derek Barnett Edge - Sadly the powerhouse brute Suggs gets a worthy understudy.
17. WASH Sidney Jones CB - Gruden's Marvin Lewis ties make him feel the need to draft the stud CB available here.
18. TENN David Njoku TE - Delanie Walker is 32 entering his 12th year in the league. Give Mariota the new wave of TE athletic freaks.
19. TB OJ Howard TE - VJax is old maybe retiring, ASJ failed, Howard is a big friendly target for the young QB.
20. DEN Forrest Lamp OL - Elway aint no dummy. Maybe the best OL in the draft fills a need.
21. DET Charles Harris DE - Teamed up with Ansah the Lions all of a sudden have one of the most athletic pass rushing duos in the league.
22. MIA Taco Charlton DE - Seriously hurting for pass rusher help. Big contract to old Cam Wake doesn't solve the problem. Taco may be the new Mario.
23. NYG Dalvin Cook RB - Giving a real RB to the aging Eli could prolong his career. They need a RB
24. OAK Malik McDowell DT - Giant physical freak that fills a position of need. A big disruptive DT helps Khalil and Irvin.
25. HOU Ryan Ramczyk T - Aging OL. If it weren't for the hip surgery he would probably go earlier. Well balanced team considers the injury slide at OT best value.
26. SEA Marlon Humphrey CB - Big press CB. Richard Sherman needs help. Legion of boom has fallen off.
27. KC Haason Reddick LB - Derrick Johnson is 34 coming off a blown Achilles. Haason may be the best LB in the draft.
28.  DAL Corey Davis WR - Shocker here. They don't care about injury. May have the best WR combo in the league after this.
29. GB TJ Watt LB - It has taken a stupidly long time. But Clay Matthews finally has a pass rushing buddy. They will jump at the chance to get Watt
30. PIT John Ross WR - Wheaton is a FA, Heyward Bey sucks, Martavis is probably high, Coates has broke hands. Tomlin sucks at drafting. A small WR with a bunch of lower body surgeries would be my ideal pick for the stoolers.
31. ATL Tim Williams LB - Counting on Dwight Freeney is like believing someone found a time machine. ATL has been willing to take risks on character the last few years. This will be another one of their swings for the fence.
32. NE Zach Cunningham LB - Super athletic do it all LB. Somehow they lose Hightower, Chandler Jones, and Jamie Collins within a year and still get to select one of the better LBs in the league.

I too think Solomon Thomas is the choice for the Bengals if he's there. Problem is I don't think he'll be there. But if he is...look out!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 12:08 PM)shanebo Wrote: If QBs go 1-2, I'm calling everyone I know in Chicago and offering #9 and McCarron for #3.  Hell, I'll even throw in one or more 6/7s to sweeten the pot.  Would LOVE to get Garrett at 3.  Would be great for Chicago, too, as they're getting a QB plus their choice of Thomas/Allen/Hooker/Adams ...

That said, if I'm sitting at 9 with Thomas, Allen, Hooker, and Adams on the board, I'm not sure I would go Thomas ... would be very hard to pass on Allen or one of the safeties.

After Garrett's showing at the combine along with all the hype before, I don't see how Cleveland would be dumb enough to NOT select him #1 overall. No QB in this year's class is worth the #1 overall selection. They can get a QB at #12 if they want.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 12:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: After Garrett's showing at the combine along with all the hype before, I don't see how Cleveland would be dumb enough to NOT select him #1 overall. No QB in this year's class is worth the #1 overall selection. They can get a QB at #12 if they want.

I don't know. Teams are talking about giving Mike Glennon crazy money and Brian Hoyer being signed to be a starter. Counting on Romo to stay healthy just seems crazy. He hasn't played 16 games since 2012 has a clavicle the size of a toothpick and is coming off of back surgery. 

I am hoping the Pats hold on to Jimmy G and the Bills hold on to Tyrod. Get the QBs coming off the board early and drive up AJMC's trade value. 
Reply/Quote
I was wanting Solomon earlier but now i want Hassan Reddick cause he is so versatile.

He can cover as a Linebacker and rush the passer blitzing or as an End.

Nice job though Nati. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 12:08 PM)shanebo Wrote: If QBs go 1-2, I'm calling everyone I know in Chicago and offering #9 and McCarron for #3.  Hell, I'll even throw in one or more 6/7s to sweeten the pot.  Would LOVE to get Garrett at 3.  Would be great for Chicago, too, as they're getting a QB plus their choice of Thomas/Allen/Hooker/Adams ...

wont happen but if it does we would have the best dline in football! Billings atkins dunlap garrett? Forget 2.5 seconds you wouldnt have 1.5 seconds. 
Reply/Quote