Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drunken Chiefs taking local heat.....
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/chiefs-fans-blast-team-s-super-bowl-lvii-celebration-i-am-ashamed/ar-AA17IhbK?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=U531&cvid=94463677fd964305839d07b157d91069

Quote:Patrick Mahomes and his Kansas City Chiefs teammates celebrated their latest Super Bowl title on Wednesday. The beers flowed and confetti poured on the champions as they moved to the beat of their own drum.

Mahomes and the boys partied hard last week. The two-time Super Bowl MVP was seen accidentally giving the Vince Lombardi Trophy to a fan and walking away. Luckily, the trophy actually turned out to be a replica. The move earned praise from Tom Brady, who got into the avocado tequila during the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ Super Bowl celebration in 2021.

However, not every Chiefs fan was pleased with the behavior.

A series of letters to the editor was published in the Kansas City Star on Sunday, and fans who wrote in expressed their dismay to the beer-drinking celebration. One person wrote that Andy Reid should not have allowed it to happen.

"The main reason is that a drinking Chief is not a good role model for young fans who are there to see their heroes. Second, even the adult fans don’t want to see drunken players at this important celebration. Third, tragic things happen when drinking is involved," the person wrote.

"Some Chiefs even bragged through social media about how drunk they were afterward. I am ashamed that players I cheered for could barely walk after they got off the bus. No doubt this spectacle made the news in other cities."

Another person had an issue with the message it may be sending to young fans.

"Next time there’s a victory parade, please imbibe your alcohol privately and discreetly. Impressionable young people deserve better role models than what you’ve displayed twice."

Separately, a Chiefs fan took issue with the tomahawk chop. It was a cause of concern for a Native American activist who ripped the organization in an op-ed published right before kickoff.

"I was super embarrassed for my city and the Chiefs organization when announcer Mitch Holthus stood onstage with the players and insisted that everyone join in the ‘Arrowhead chop’ to cap off the celebration," the person wrote.

"The Chiefs should be making every effort to protect its awesome brand by getting rid of the chop. Instead, all appearances Wednesday were that they still actively encourage it."

I guess KC didn't see drunken Tom Brady and plastered Gronk in the Tampa Boat parade celebration..... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
"These players were happy and that makes me ANGRY!"
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2023, 10:50 AM)Sled21 Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/chiefs-fans-blast-team-s-super-bowl-lvii-celebration-i-am-ashamed/ar-AA17IhbK?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=U531&cvid=94463677fd964305839d07b157d91069

I guess KC didn't see drunken Tom Brady and plastered Gronk in the Tampa Boat parade celebration..... Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious

Imagine being that much of a Karen. Holy smokes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Quote:"The main reason is that a drinking Chief is not a good role model for young fans who are there to see their heroes."

Just because I dunk a basketball doesn't mean that I should raise your kids

-Charles Barkley

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2023, 11:13 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Just because I dunk a basketball doesn't mean that I should raise your kids

-Charles Barkley

True, but when they choose the path of a professional athlete, like it or not, kids look up to them. Honestly, the way someone presents themselves after a victory is just as important as how they present themselves in a loss IMO.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2023, 01:16 PM)Mer Wrote: True, but when they choose the path of a professional athlete, like it or not, kids look up to them. Honestly, the way someone presents themselves after a victory is just as important as how they present themselves in a loss IMO.

Barkley also went on to say that parents should raise their children to emulate them as role models, and not athletes and celebrities.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2023, 02:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Barkley also went on to say that parents should raise their children to emulate them as role models, and not athletes and celebrities.

I'm familiar with the quote and I'm not disagreeing with him. Parents should be the role models, but we all know athletes are much cooler than parents. I just think it's a foolish thing to say by him. Obviously as adults we all know better, but not so much kids and especially adolescents. 
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2023, 05:13 PM)Mer Wrote: I'm familiar with the quote and I'm not disagreeing with him. Parents should be the role models, but we all know athletes are much cooler than parents. I just think it's a foolish thing to say by him. Obviously as adults we all know better, but not so much kids and especially adolescents. 

This is true.  However, those athletes are still actual humans with personalities and emotions.  If I was a young man who had just won a World Championship, you'd better believe that I'd have been celebrating myself silly, and not giving a care as to what anyone else thought of my behavior in that moment.  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote