Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duke Tobin
(12-19-2017, 05:50 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: we are 5 -2 this season where burfict plays the entire game 1 of those 2 losses we lost AJ Green in the 2nd half

That’s too bad considering Burfict is unlikely to last much longer in the league, either because of his noggin or suspensions.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
Too many misses at the top of drafts. Either Tobin is doing Mikey B’s bidding, or Tobin’s decision making isn’t what it used to be.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 04:35 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Why doesn't he get much love.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/05/report-duke-tobin-turns-down-titans-lions-g-m-interviews/

This is the roster he took over when he started the job

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/2000.htm

Because he stinks.  If he is like our GM, he stinks.  Mike Brown stinks, Tobin stinks, the whole front office stinks.....LOVE ???......Play-Offs ????......Love ????......Love, Honor, Respect have to be earned.  ...This Front Office is lucky there are still fans that go to the games or watch on TV because they are truly THE BUNGLES again......Maybe I watched Batman with Jack Nicholson again tonight and I can't help quoting The Joker, This Front Office Needs An Enema. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
To continue the Batman theme..."Riddle me this, Batman..."

Could other teams want to interview Tobin to be their GM because they think he can assemble a talented team and that our Coach just can't coach them?
Reply/Quote
Marvin doesn't play younger players that are better. Mike Browns fault. Marvin continually hires inept assistant coaches Mike Brown's fault. Marvin wastes timeouts and challenges like their candy continually fails to make 2nd half adjustment. Must be Mike Browns fault. Marvin gets informed by Mike Brown that his contract and most assistant are not going to be renewed after a 4 and 8 start to the season you guessed it Mike Browns fault. That line of reasoning and logic is not only stupid but lazy.
Remember it wasn't because of Mike that Carson left it was because of Marvin.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, our last three to four drafts have been bad.

Let's compare the Steelers draft picks over that period to ours.

Maybe Tobin cold do better if he had the same scouting resources as the Steelers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 11:32 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Honestly, our last three to four drafts have been bad.

Let's compare the Steelers draft picks over that period to ours.

Maybe Tobin cold do better if he had the same scouting resources as the Steelers.

You Dont think William Jackson, Andrew Billings and Clayton Fedelem can play? How about Willis Lawson and Mixon? 
Ross I blame on Marvin. Obeughi has improved to mediocre.
Reply/Quote
I would also argue that guys that hang around too long. Like Pac man, Maluaga, Peko, Bodine, Lafell. BJGE were Marvin Guys he wanted back.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 11:38 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: You Dont think William Jackson, Andrew Billings and Clayton Fedelem can play? How about Willis Lawson and Mixon? 
Ross I blame on Marvin. Obeughi has improved to mediocre.

While those players you mention are certainly showing some promise, only time will tell if they fully develop into the next wave of core players.

When's the last time that he really hit on an OL pick?  Kevin Zeitler.
That's an awful long time to be swinging and missing on such a key position group.

The LB pick list isn't looking to great either.  Remember, Burfict was a lucky UDFA grab.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 11:55 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: While those players you mention are certainly showing some promise, only time will tell if they fully develop into the next wave of core players.

When's the last time that he really hit on an OL pick?  Kevin Zeitler.
That's an awful long time to be swinging and missing on such a key position group.

The LB pick list isn't looking to great either.  Remember, Burfict was a lucky UDFA grab.

Yep. Burfict was considered a first-round talent but had on-field red flags that caused him to go undrafted.
I don't believe for a second that he was "coached" into being a good player. He already was a good player.
For the most part, these coaches suck at actually teaching.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 11:27 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Marvin doesn't play younger players that are better. Mike Browns fault. Marvin continually hires inept assistant coaches Mike Brown's fault. Marvin wastes timeouts and challenges like their candy continually fails to make 2nd half adjustment. Must be Mike Browns fault. Marvin gets informed by Mike Brown that his contract and most assistant are not going to be renewed after a 4 and 8 start to the season you guessed it Mike Browns fault. That line of reasoning and logic is not only stupid but lazy.
Remember it wasn't because of Mike that Carson left it was because of Marvin.
Pretty sure that is not true.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 12:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pretty sure that is not true.

So it's  just coincidence. That Carson demanded a trade the day after Marvin was retained. He also pubicly came out and said he liked Mike Brown and he wasn't the issue. Whenever asked about Marvin, he refers to the politically correct answer I felt it was time to move on.
Reply/Quote