Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duke Tobin ???
I think what happened last year was Taylor came in so late that they had to rely on Tobin to make the picks. Tobin may do a lot of great things for the team we may not know about or see and everything is speculation, but we cannot have a repeat of the drew sample situation last year.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 11:55 AM)3wt Wrote: My concern is that Duke appears to be satisfied with standing pat with our current O-line, specifically mentioning Johnson, Dugas and Prince.    

I will say that Hart played pretty well towards the end of the season - but not at a really high level, and Johnson had some good reps as well.

But if you're drafting a franchise QB, you want to support him with more than OK players or possibly ascending players.   You're either going to have to draft them or get them in FA.

But we cannot afford to stand pat.   There needs to be an upgrade - if for no other reason than a guarantee of  quality and the guarantee of quality depth.

Makes me nervous he does

They will have to spend something with all the dough they will have in FA, not as nervous as I have been in the past.

Bringing in Burrow they will have to protect him and give him weapons for him to flourish.

#1 overall pick, lots of investment goes into one of these especially when he is your new Franchise QB.

(01-23-2020, 12:08 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I hope the bengals see what happened with Andrew luck and take the steps necessary to building a quality Nfl line.  I’d be a waste to take burrow at 1 and not protect the investment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, prime example.

(01-23-2020, 12:23 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: If they fired Paul Alexander, then they will fire anybody.

True, sure took them long enough though.

(01-23-2020, 12:41 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Agree 100% those quotes sounds like typical Bengals propaganda and reasons not to utilize free agency. They will settle for below average play with cheap contracts instead of looking for major upgrades. Tobin also said “ We'd like to sell more tickets," he said. "You need to win to make that happen. We didn't win and that's just the results of a poor season or multiple poor seasons. That's life in the NFL, especially in a market like Cincinnati. He sounds like Mike Brown making it seem like it’s tough to survive in a small market. This team hasn’t won a playoff game in 30 years or under your tenure as GM. We had cap space and signed B.W. Webb , Wynn and John Miller last offseason. The fans will buy tickets when you put a winner on the field and show your serious about winning. Stop worrying about ticket sales Duke and focus on the draft and free agency.

I will see what they do, don't care about quotes. They will have to spend SOME money in FA and OL and LB are about as 
blatant as it gets as our weaknesses. We have some good backups and we might have a good LT and a good Center.

Other than that everyone is backup material, decent backup material unless they improve like Trey Hop did last season.

(01-23-2020, 01:18 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I was the biggest fan of Tobin but he's clearly not had a good few years.  At this point, I just hope Burrow comes in and tears it up because he's our only hope.

Good thing he has a quick release, is smart, can run and has excellent pocket awareness.

Just want us to make it easier for him to tear it up.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 01:28 PM)Okeana Wrote: I think what happened last year was Taylor came in so late that they had to rely on Tobin to make the picks.  Tobin may do a lot of great things for the team we may not know about or see and everything is speculation, but we cannot have a repeat of the drew sample situation last year.

Hopefully Taylor is all settled in now and we can really build this team to his specifications. 

When you bring in a new HC, especially a young one with hardly any experience it should take some time.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 07:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Eh, maybe..  Seems to me, I remember PLENTY of fans who thought the same thing about Marvin Lewis.

That is true but its totally different with Duke, He is basically running the place and even has his dad on the staff as a scout.
I really think that as long as Duke wants to stay, he will have a job
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 03:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: They will have to spend something with all the dough they will have in FA, not as nervous as I have been in the past.

Bringing in Burrow they will have to protect him and give him weapons for him to flourish.

#1 overall pick, lots of investment goes into one of these especially when he is your new Franchise QB.
I agree that the FO has zero excuses for not spending in FA, but it's their approach that bothers me. Lap mentioned something that has still stuck with me. He described going into free agency as "throwing a bone to the fans." I feel like only the Bengals would view utilizing free agency like the other 31 teams as a last ditch effort.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 01:45 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I agree that the FO has zero excuses for not spending in FA, but it's their approach that bothers me. Lap mentioned something that has still stuck with me. He described going into free agency as "throwing a bone to the fans." I feel like only the Bengals would view utilizing free agency like the other 31 teams as a last ditch effort.

Yeah BD, should be about shoring up the team and freeing up the Draft.

It is called building a Championship roster, not throwing a bone to the fans.
Reply/Quote
TOBIN??? merely a puppet in the puppet masters scheme!

Reply/Quote