Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duke Tobin Press Conference
Duke will talk to the press at 11:00 AM. It will be streamed all Bengals.com and Bengals social media platform. It is his first press conference since pre draft 2020.

Lots to talk about for sure

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Should be interesting to hear what he has to say (although he probably won’t reveal much)

Maybe he is just going to confirm that the leaked jerseys are legit.
Reply/Quote
Maybe he will admit that he has no clue how to evaluate offensive line talent and he will announce his retirement.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 12:14 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Should be interesting to hear what he has to say (although he probably won’t reveal much)

Maybe he is just going to confirm that the leaked jerseys are legit.

we can only hope that is not the case  they look horrible
Reply/Quote
Hey Duke how do.you.still keep a job as GM
Despite your the teams inability to win a playoff game
Much less get to the playoffs ??
Reply/Quote
He describes attacking FA and the draft. Mentioned they had some cap flexibility and are going to spend on players. Said they won't sit on their hands.

It seems like they are in fact planning to use their cap advantage here, will be fun to see where they apply it.
Reply/Quote
When does FA start?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dude is giving us nothing lol...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 01:40 PM)Earendil Wrote: When does FA start?

March 17th. 

Although I think teams can enter into negotiations ahead of time. (Maybe a week prior???)  It's always feels like deals are reported before that date and then maybe they have to wait to finalize it.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 01:46 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: March 17th. 

Although I think teams can enter into negotiations ahead of time. (Maybe a week prior???)  It's always feels like deals are reported before that date and then maybe they have to wait to finalize it.

Legal tampering, dumb name, I believe starts a week from today.
Reply/Quote

yeah people agree in principal during that time  like verbal agreements but nothing signed.  Unless its a player that got released.
Reply/Quote

(03-08-2021, 01:49 PM)Au165 Wrote: Legal tampering, dumb name, I believe starts a week from today.

It might get pushed back a little because they still haven't set the Salary Cap. The NFLPA wants to wait on the TV deal before they decide. The Franchise Tag Deadline is tommorrow I believe but they are talking about pushing it if they don't set a Salary Cap today.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Duke Tobin on Joe Burrow: 

"When I look at our team, I'm excited. I think we've got one of the premier, best young quarterbacks in the game, and we're going to do everything we can to build around him and give him the opportunity to really shine and show what he can do."
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 01:43 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Dude is giving us nothing lol...

But he takes from us.... EVERYTHING!

^ Anytime I can sneak a 300 reference in, I go for it.
Reply/Quote
Duke was asked about paying guards and it turned into a quote about the offensive line.

He said theres gonna be new faces and guys further in their development. Also mentioned it's a group they are really focusing on this year. Sounds like good news to me.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 02:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Duke Tobin on Joe Burrow: 

"When I look at our team, I'm excited. I think we've got one of the premier, best young quarterbacks in the game, and we're going to do everything we can to build around him and give him the opportunity to really shine and show what he can do."

I hope this is true.

Free agency and draft must both be utilized.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 01:38 PM)Au165 Wrote: He describes attacking FA and the draft. Mentioned they had some cap flexibility and are going to spend on players. Said they won't sit on their hands.

It seems like they are in fact planning to use their cap advantage here, will be fun to see where they apply it.

(03-08-2021, 02:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Duke Tobin on Joe Burrow: 

(03-08-2021, 02:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Duke was asked about paying guards and it turned into a quote about the offensive line.

He said theres gonna be new faces and guys further in their development. Also mentioned it's a group they are really focusing on this year. Sounds like good news to me.

I like what I am hearing. Rock On
Reply/Quote
If they truly do invest in the o-line, Joe Burrow will benefit, but Joe Mixon will finally have a monster year.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 02:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like what I am hearing. Rock On

well they have known how to say the right things for a while now
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 03:29 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well they have known how to say the right things for a while now

LOL Ain't that the truth. Every year we have fans screaming "NEVER AGAIN!" Then, just before the season screaming, "WHO DEY!" Just because the FO comes up with more bullshit to spew to lure us zombies back to the franchise, only to let us down again and repeat that viscous cycle. 

Reply/Quote