Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duke and Zac Press Conferences
(02-27-2024, 11:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who knows, but it seems nothing is settled in the D-backfield. I could see Cooper DeJean; as he could probably play every spot in the backfield.

Just as long as it's not Nick Scott.

I was actually reading the other day where some think he might be a better safety than CB in the NFL. Yeah Scott has gotta go NOW!!!
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 07:19 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I don’t like reading that about Dax. Let him develop at FS

Agreed 1000000%. First things I thought of when I read that is that’s not good. Curious as to where safety is on their list of needs.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 11:38 PM)pulses Wrote: If Battle is gonna play FS then who's gonna start at SS???  Do we look at possibly drafting Tyler Nubin??

I have a weird feeling Von Bell is going to get cut by Carolina and ends up back in Cincy. I think he's owed a pretty decent size roster bonus by 3/16, so we should know Carolina's intentions fairly soon.
Reply/Quote
I like Duke's comments. Now I hope free agency, the draft, and any potential trades work in his favor to build a championship roster.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 11:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They might not need to move up if Bowers size causes him to drop.

If if if - wish wish wish - fan fan fan speak

He's projected in most mock as a top 10 pick still, and almost ubiquitously top 10 prospect.  And if by some chance he drops into the low teens, someone will move up to get him and if it isn't us moving up, we're not getting him.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 10:51 AM)Stewy Wrote: If if if - wish wish wish - fan fan fan speak

He's projected in most mock as a top 10 pick still, and almost ubiquitously top 10 prospect.  And if by some chance he drops into the low teens, someone will move up to get him and if it isn't us moving up, we're not getting him.

Most mocks, agreed. And Mel Kiper has him [Bowers] as the 10th in his most recent mock. But NFL.com Brooks 2.0 mock has him going 16th to Seattle.

At any rate, I wouldn't use a 1st round pick on Bowers even if he falls to 18. There are going to be some really good OTs and DTs available at 18, as well as a CB if there is a run on OTs and DTs. This is going to be a terrific opportunity to get someone excellent in the trenches. The NFL.com mock has Bengals selecting Jer'Zhan Newton, with Bryon Murphy II still on the board, as well as quality OTs. Mel Kiper has the Bengals selecting OT Taliese Fuaga.

This is an ideal draft to fix the lines. Even if there is a run, imagine Brian Thomas as a replacement for Tee or making the greatest WR corp imagineable. The Bengals need a TE, but they run 11 personnel so much, they could pick up a TE in round 3 or 4 that would work. 
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 12:43 PM)Nepa Wrote: Most mocks, agreed. And Mel Kiper has him [Bowers] as the 10th in his most recent mock. But NFL.com Brooks 2.0 mock has him going 16th to Seattle.

At any rate, I wouldn't use a 1st round pick on Bowers even if he falls to 18. There are going to be some really good OTs and DTs available at 18, as well as a CB if there is a run on OTs and DTs. This is going to be a terrific opportunity to get someone excellent in the trenches. The NFL.com mock has Bengals selecting Jer'Zhan Newton, with Bryon Murphy II still on the board, as well as quality OTs. Mel Kiper has the Bengals selecting OT Taliese Fuaga.

This is an ideal draft to fix the lines. Even if there is a run, imagine Brian Thomas as a replacement for Tee or making the greatest WR corp imagineable. The Bengals need a TE, but they run 11 personnel so much, they could pick up a TE in round 3 or 4 that would work. 

Oh I agree with you, but if Bowers is there at 18 and we don't pick him, there will be people here whose heads will explode, and I'll be grabbing the popcorn to watch all the rage.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 10:51 AM)Stewy Wrote: If if if - wish wish wish - fan fan fan speak

As opposed to scout and GM speak? We’re all just fans speculating here.

Anyway, guys drop every single year that people swore up and down wouldn’t. Just have to wait and see how the board falls.

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 01:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: As opposed to scout and GM speak? We’re all just fans speculating here.

Anyway, guys drop every single year that people swore up and down wouldn’t. Just have to wait and see how the board falls.

It was about this time last year when "we'd be lucky" if Michael Mayer was still on the board when we drafted. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 10:30 AM)Tomcat Wrote: I have a weird feeling Von Bell is going to get cut by Carolina and ends up back in Cincy. I think he's owed a pretty decent size roster bonus by 3/16, so we should know Carolina's intentions fairly soon.

Just reported that Seattle is cutting Jamal Adams. Maybe he can stay healthy here
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 10:30 AM)Tomcat Wrote: I have a weird feeling Von Bell is going to get cut by Carolina and ends up back in Cincy. I think he's owed a pretty decent size roster bonus by 3/16, so we should know Carolina's intentions fairly soon.

He does have a 3 million dollar roster bonus coming in March but the problem is cutting him would result in a dead cap hit of nearly 10 million dollars.  I dont see Carolina taking a 10 million dollar cap hit to turn around and need to spend more money on someone else to replace Bell.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2024, 07:19 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I don’t like reading that about Dax. Let him develop at FS

As long as they are trying to use Dax like Kyle Hamilton as a Slot Corner I don't find that to be a bad thing at all. But boundary Corner?

No to that. Bring in Geno Stone to play FS and let Dax be comfortable and read Offenses with his instincts and blitz him at times. Hilton is 
awesome but we need to prepare for eventually moving on from him. I don't think this is trying to fit a round peg into a square hole, that 
actually might be trying to put Dax at FS from what we saw this last season.

Agree with others what is said here, Mixon getting cut sounds likely and would be a good move to get younger, cheaper and more talented 
at the RB position and add RB's that are hard to tackle and can pass protect.

Sounds like TE is really going to be looked at this Offseason whether in FA or the Draft. As long as we get a DT and RT in FA I am happy.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 01:23 PM)Stewy Wrote: Oh I agree with you, but if Bowers is there at 18 and we don't pick him, there will be people here whose heads will explode, and I'll be grabbing the popcorn to watch all the rage.

Make enough popcorn for me!
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 12:43 PM)Nepa Wrote: Most mocks, agreed. And Mel Kiper has him [Bowers] as the 10th in his most recent mock. But NFL.com Brooks 2.0 mock has him going 16th to Seattle.

All great points, I think we take Bowers if he is there though from what is being said here and he is by far the best TE in this Draft. He can 
block and is an elite pass catching TE. I take Murphy over Newton if both are there by the way just because of the Newton injury and the 
fact he isn't a perfect prospect either, I think Bryon Murphy is the better overall 3-tech. Fuaga? Yes please, my fave RT for us in this Draft.

Brian Thomas Jr is a crazy good WR prospect with his size/speed combination that you just cannot coach.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 06:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just reported that Seattle is cutting Jamal Adams. Maybe he can stay healthy here

There were already a lot of quality/starter level S's on the market this year. I think there could be value there due to the sheer # of guys and the positional value. 

Someone talked up the possibility of Bell being released by Carolina. 

TB has space, but keeping Mayfield, Evans, and Winfield is gonna be tricky. 
Reply/Quote
On Battle weating the dot and playing FS....I do not know what to make of it. It could mean less split S and more Hill closer to the line of scrimmage. He is better up there anyway.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 10:44 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: There were already a lot of quality/starter level S's on the market this year. I think there could be value there due to the sheer # of guys and the positional value. 

Someone talked up the possibility of Bell being released by Carolina. 

TB has space, but keeping Mayfield, Evans, and Winfield is gonna be tricky. 

I'd be surprised if Bell gets cut by Carolina. He carries a dead cap hit of almost $10 million. It drops to below $2 million after the 2024 season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 08:29 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: He does have a 3 million dollar roster bonus coming in March but the problem is cutting him would result in a dead cap hit of nearly 10 million dollars.  I dont see Carolina taking a 10 million dollar cap hit to turn around and need to spend more money on someone else to replace Bell.

I didn't realize the Cap hit they would take dumping Bell, but i wouldn't mind checking in on Jamal Adams since he was just released. 
Reply/Quote
Comments were made that the vision for Higgins is for him to play with the Bengals, thus why they tagged him.
It may be a smokescreen, but I don't think it is.
We may need to remove any thoughts of a tag-and-trade scenario.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 12:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Comments were made that the vision for Higgins is for him to play with the Bengals, thus why they tagged him.
It may be a smokescreen, but I don't think it is.
We may need to remove any thoughts of a tag-and-trade scenario.

Yep trade is not part of the equation
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote