Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jalen Davis-extended
CB Jalen Davis signed a 1-year extension. He was an upcoming unrestricted free agent. One of those depth pieces Duke was talking about. Jalen played in 16 games (had an ankle injury for the others) Cap hit will be minimal. His current salary was $920,00 so I'm expecting him to move up to between $1 million and $1.2

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Dude looked great in preseason last year, but kinda fizzled during the regular season. Nothing wrong with the signing...at least it wasn't Hargraves
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 06:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dude looked great in preseason last year, but kinda fizzled during the regular season. Nothing wrong with the signing...at least it wasn't Hargraves

No doubt, let Hargreaves go after the SB debacle. Whatever

To the OP, I like Jalen Davis for depth. Good extension.
Reply/Quote
I thought he showed potential at nickle in preseason (as already stated). We need CB's so its good to have him back.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Solid piece to get back
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 06:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dude looked great in preseason last year, but kinda fizzled during the regular season. Nothing wrong with the signing...at least it wasn't Hargraves

I didn't see any fizzle. He's the backup slot corner behind Hilton, and Hilton stayed healthy all year
Reply/Quote
Should be only competing for the final CB spot hopefully.
Dude's entering his 5th year in the league, but he's:
1) on his 3rd team
2) never started
3) only active for 26 career games
4) only 17 tackles

I don't expect him to be much of a contributor on defense...if he even makes the team.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 11:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Should be only competing for the final CB spot hopefully.
1) on his 3rd team
2) never started
4) only 17 tackles

I don't expect him to be much of a contributor on defense...if he even makes the team.

Yeah, he might be among preseason cuts. He's going to probably be competing against a guy making rookie minimum ($660k, I think) to do the same ST job.

Not even like he's a former high draft pick or anything and you're hoping he will tap into some former potential.

Just a signing to fill out the roster for all the offseason/preseason stuff.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 11:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Should be only competing for the final CB spot hopefully.
1) on his 3rd team
2) never started
4) only 17 tackles

had to sign him to get him back to camp.  nothing in the contract that gaurentees he makes the squad.
Reply/Quote
Now I need to rethink my entire mock draft.
Reply/Quote