Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dumb Bell and his f*<$ing shift
Yet another disaster resulting from David Bell's chicken shit shift. They should have gotten out of the first inning with 1 run given up instead of 6. 4th man up, Paul DeJong hit .250 last year and Bell calls for the shift. Bell has more faith in that .250 hitter getting a hold of his pitch than he does in his ace forcing the .250 hitter hitting his pitch.

Castillo makes him hit a pitch that was high and inside, DeJong hits a routine ground out to 2nd base that rolls into RF instead of being the 2nd out of the inning with one run scored. Suarez' error probably wouldn't have happened as he would have been focused on getting just one out instead of trying to hurry for a double play.

To quote Bob Watson in Bad News Bears "Let The Kids Play!"

This team is a prisoner of a Manager that is still in over his head.

Unless they hold the Cardinals the rest of the way and make an improbable comeback, 1/3 of an inning in and we already have one loss that can be attributed to the mis-management by David Bell.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Bell is far from the only manager playing the shift game, but yeah..I hate it too..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I stii don't understand how major league players can't hit opposite field ground balls. Yeah it takes your power away, but no opposing manager is going to want someone hitting .750 in a series.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote