Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dumbass Protesters
Sick of these idiots in North Dakota acting like clean water is important and pipelines have risks.

For example the leak 150 miles away from where they are protesting only spilled 176,000 gallons earlier this month. Who cares that the electronic monitoring equipment didn't detect the leak. A land owner figured it out. And it will only take until spring for them to get it cleaned up. A few months with no clean water is nothing.

In densely populated North Dakota, if a pipeline were to leak under the lake which it ran and the electronic monitoring equipment failed obviously one of the many people living underground nearby would alert the proper authorities. No harm no foul.

These people need to quit acting so selfish. Trump has financial interest in the Dakota access pipeline. So it will get done for the good of the people. And if the water happens to get tainted... Suck it up sissies and man up like the kids in Flint and drink the tainted water, all it will take is about a year and your government will get off its ass and fund some type of fix.

Can't wait til we get rid of all these worthless regulations and government oversight and the EPA gets castrated. Fossil fuels are the future.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/12/pipeline-spills-176000-gallons-of-crude-into-creek-about-150-miles-from-dakota-access-protest-camp.html
Populism at its best.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I guess my issue with this is that from what I could gather, the tribe stomped their feet when given an opportunity to voice their opinion through the proper channels and said "this land should be ours anyways!".

From a historical stand point, yea, they were entitled to the land. It was taken a long time ago and that issue was settled in court with a monetary settlement. Maybe the land is worth more than money, I get that, but it's not your land anymore and it won't ever be. Instead of being stubborn and resorting to illegal tactics later down the road, suck up your pride and address it the proper way.

Then again, a lame duck President swooped in and saved them.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(12-13-2016, 10:50 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I guess my issue with this is that from what I could gather, the tribe stomped their feet when given an opportunity to voice their opinion through the proper channels and said "this land should be ours anyways!".

From a historical stand point, yea, they were entitled to the land. It was taken a long time ago and that issue was settled in court with a monetary settlement. Maybe the land is worth more than money, I get that, but it's not your land anymore and it won't ever be. Instead of being stubborn and resorting to illegal tactics later down the road, suck up your pride and address it the proper way.

Then again, a lame duck President swooped in and saved them.

This is 100% my issue as well.  They had ample opportunity to be part of the process well before the protests occurred and refused to do so.  Quite honestly the whole thing reeks of a shakedown to me.
I thought the issue was regarding the environmental impact on tribal lands, even though it doesn't cross through them? Honestly, this protect wouldn't be as large as it is right now were it not for the tactics of the security personnel and the court case against that journalist.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(12-13-2016, 12:45 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This is 100% my issue as well.  They had ample opportunity to be part of the process well before the protests occurred and refused to do so.  Quite honestly the whole thing reeks of a shakedown to me.

A shakedown perpetrated by American Indians?

That's just funny. In like historical context, I mean. Considering everything the American government has done to them.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(12-13-2016, 05:42 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: A shakedown perpetrated by American Indians?

That's just funny. In like historical context, I mean. Considering everything the American government has done to them.

I think they call that irony. Smirk
(12-13-2016, 02:31 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I thought the issue was regarding the environmental impact on tribal lands, even though it doesn't cross through them? Honestly, this protect wouldn't be as large as it is right now were it not for the tactics of the security personnel and the court case against that journalist.

Yes and yes.