Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dunlap being released
Dunlap will most likely sign a 1 day contract when he retires. Until then, we'll never see him as a member of this team again.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 01:09 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Dunlap will most likely sign a 1 day contract when he retires. Until then, we'll never see him as a member of this team again.

I wouldn't even do that. Where's good ol Fred to tell us all about the dumb coaches we have and how great Carlos still is? Looks like another team is full of morons.  Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 07:44 AM)Wyche Wrote: I wouldn't even do that. Where's good ol Fred to tell us all about the dumb coaches we have and how great Carlos still is? Looks like another team is full of morons.  Mellow

Yeah, while I can see them doing that for Whit or AJ, Dunlap will have to live with how he left. He'll never put on the stripes again, and he will not be in the Ring of Honor.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 07:44 AM)Wyche Wrote: I wouldn't even do that. Where's good ol Fred to tell us all about the dumb coaches we have and how great Carlos still is? Looks like another team is full of morons.  Mellow

Dunlap just had more sacks (8.5) than Sam Hubbard (7.5) despite playing about half as many snaps (481 to 877)

Los will be signed to play in 2022.  Just not the $8.5 million Seattle paid him in 2021.
Reply/Quote
I'd gladly take Dunlap back, but don't see it happening.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 07:21 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: The thought of bringing Dunlap back after the way he acted made my stomach upset. Now I have to poop Taco Bell style. Holy Chit, I hope that was a fart.

That sure was a shitty post
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 07:59 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, while I can see them doing that for Whit or AJ, Dunlap will have to live with how he left. He'll never put on the stripes again, and he will not be in the Ring of Honor.

Keep dreaming.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 09:16 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Keep dreaming.

I know someone who will be in the "Butt Hurt" ring of honor.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 01:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I know someone who will be in the "Butt Hurt" ring of honor.

WJax?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 01:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I know someone who will be in the "Butt Hurt" ring of honor.

Yep. Big Los is a shoo in.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Los can kick rocks
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 07:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dunlap just had more sacks (8.5) than Sam Hubbard (7.5) despite playing about half as many snaps (481 to 877)

Los will be signed to play in 2022.  Just not the $8.5 million Seattle paid him in 2021.

That's 'cause Trey was cleaning house on the other side. Cool

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 07:59 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, while I can see them doing that for Whit or AJ, Dunlap will have to live with how he left. He'll never put on the stripes again, and he will not be in the Ring of Honor.

He might wind up in the RoH, but I don't think I'd sign one of those PR one day deals if I were the team. 

Reply/Quote
Of all the players in our past, why would Dunlap be in the ROH? He no longer holds the single season record, nor does he hold the club record for sacks because the club recognizes Eddie Edwards as the All-Time Sack leader. Dunlap never played on a team that recorded a Post Season win, and he left the organization by posting depth charts to social media and bad mouthing the coaches. (The same coaches that just took the Bengals to the Super Bowl). I feel very comfortable saying they will choose to recognize the other greats, and there are many, who didn't crap their bed on the way out the door.
Reply/Quote
Since i have his football-reference page up. He got 8.5 sacks on like 400 snaps. Not bad.

Idk if we’ve got 400 snaps to give him with Ossai slated to come back but if he’s there at the start of camp still unsigned I’d sign him in a heartbeat
-Housh
Reply/Quote